You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prague

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prague
    Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 5:34pm
Heading with the mrs at the end of January for 3 nights. Any recommendations for things to do while over there. Not into nightclubs
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 5:59pm
Leave the missus at home and bring a mate...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:04pm
I wouldn't bother with nightclubs
bag of chips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:07pm
Well to be fair she is getting the trip as a Christmas present to me so I kinda have to bring her. Booking it through click and go and getting flights and accommodation for €170 each, are click and go reputable?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:16pm
If either of ye like drink,drugs and brazzers ye're sorted

In fairness it is a nice city,when it's not jammed with tourists
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

If either of ye like drink,drugs and brazzers ye're sorted

In fairness it is a nice city,when it's not jammed with tourists

When's it not jammed with tourists . Good city brought the misses last year . Trip up to the castle is worth doing
bag of chips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 8:07pm
Nothing's 100% booked yet, was her idea to go to Prague. Definitely booking some place over the weekend, if not Prague where else would people recommend? Less than 3 hours flight and nowhere expensive.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
vienna is nice. Id recommend you go next month the weekend of the 12th.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

vienna is nice. Id recommend you go next month the weekend of the 12th.

Suspect the cost of flights might be a bit prohibitive
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:54pm
Over Charles Bridge and up the hill there is a nice palace and an unbelievable looking church (can't remember its name). Apart from that I would say you should spend most your time in the Old Town. There is a Chocolate Cafe called Choco Cafe I believe that is famous and is something the misses will probably enjoy.

I found the beer over there to be very good, not laced with chemicals so no hangovers for myself anyway.

They have the biggest nightclub in central Europe there as far as I remember.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:26pm
Prague is great for a weekend of wining and dinning.
Picturesque city and very cheap.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Over Charles Bridge and up the hill there is a nice palace and an unbelievable looking church (can't remember its name). Apart from that I would say you should spend most your time in the Old Town. There is a Chocolate Cafe called Choco Cafe I believe that is famous and is something the misses will probably enjoy.

I found the beer over there to be very good, not laced with chemicals so no hangovers for myself anyway.

Karlovy lazne is the plus of that nightclub, some spot, impossible to get thrown out from
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:36pm

Go to Charles bridge early in the morning to avoid the crowds. John Lennons peace wall is near it. Prague Castle , St Vitus's Cathedral all worth a look. Great views of Prague there also and up on Petrin Hill. You can climb the observation tower there for a small fee for the best view. Went to Museum of Communism and though it was brilliant. Found a lovely little bar on the way down to Charles bridge from the Old town on the left. Very cheap and only locals there. Wouldn't rush back to Prague myself but nice to have seen it.

de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 1:57am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Karlovy lazne is the plus of that nightclub, some spot, impossible to get thrown out from

i think a few of us here could tell you different..... we got tear gassed in there at 6am after the Czech game in 2007 because we wouldnt leave. LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 7:53am
Originally posted by bag of chips bag of chips wrote:

Nothing's 100% booked yet, was her idea to go to Prague. Definitely booking some place over the weekend, if not Prague where else would people recommend? Less than 3 hours flight and nowhere expensive.

Prague is a great spot as is Krakow. Two very similar citie is. My preference would be Krakow. Just remember that the end of January is one of the coldest times of the year in central Europe.

There's more than likely to be a hell of a lot of snow (we're talking depths of feet not inches). Bring warm clothes & plenty of waterproof winter clothing with you, such as coats, hats, scarves and gloves ...oh and hill walking shoes if you have them.

Don't get me wrong as long as you're well wrapped up then you should really enjoy the Bohemian capital and it is really beautiful in winter. It's a different kind of cold to Ireland. The air is dry and crisp.

The upside to visiting Prague in January is there'll be only a few tourists kicking about.

Regards click and go. You can book flights and a hotel yourself for the same money if not for less. Flights on the last Friday to Monday at the end of January for €112 rtn each. If you can afford to throw another €90 on top of your budget then I recommend staying here: http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/u-medvidku.en-gb.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQKYAS64AQnIARHYAQPoAQGoAgM;sid=582c365571f09c50385d5c31bbdd4a2b;checkin=2017-01-27;checkout=2017-01-30;room1=A,A;matching_block_id=7763701_89028521_0_1_0;m_occ=2

I stayed here previously and highly recommend it. They have a fantastic restaurant and make their own beer. Slap bang in the middle of the city as well.

Edited by colemanY2K - 27 Oct 2016 at 8:41am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 9:26am

I know you've said you're not into nightclubs, but worth going to the 80s floor in the five-floor nightclub

Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 10:03am
Just be careful of the Absinthe Cocktails!! 

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Absinthe in Prague - jesus that reminds me of the hangover over there Dead 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic