You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poznan Celebration - Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Can someone tell me exactly what's so good about doing the Poznan? Linking arms turning your back on the pitch jumping up & down missing what's happening sounds idiotic to me.

Would it not be better linking arms jumping up and down facing the pitch. I can see fellas who have never been to an Ireland match being buckled saying in the first minute "Let's do the f**king Poznan" like an excited 10 year old looking to do the Mexican Wave in Lansdowne.

f**k me, cheer up pal

go off and get yourself a ride, ring baldrick!

we are there to cheer on the team and have a good time, were not all going to stand there and be like a bunch of spas just singing coybig etc.

there will be a party atmosphere in the ground and it is something we might not witness again for a while after the group we have got for the world cup!

Witness it at a good few qualifying games.... If you go...
Sponsored Links

Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Can someone tell me exactly what's so good about doing the Poznan? Linking arms turning your back on the pitch jumping up & down missing what's happening sounds idiotic to me.

Would it not be better linking arms jumping up and down facing the pitch. I can see fellas who have never been to an Ireland match being buckled saying in the first minute "Let's do the f**king Poznan" like an excited 10 year old looking to do the Mexican Wave in Lansdowne.

f**k me, cheer up pal

go off and get yourself a ride, ring baldrick!

we are there to cheer on the team and have a good time, were not all going to stand there and be like a bunch of spas just singing coybig etc.

there will be a party atmosphere in the ground and it is something we might not witness again for a while after the group we have got for the world cup!

For a lot of grown ups, doing the Poznan or a Mexican Wave when you're trying to watch a football game isn't having a good time. Celtic fans looked absolutely pathetic at their big derby the other day. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by shawty shawty wrote:

Jaysus, I'd get more craic at a funeral...

After reading all these posts I can see how "dedicated" you are guys are.. you are now all my hero's!!  Take a bow...

a 'lets do a Poznan thread'Shocked,genius ..... a full 4 months after Poznan was confirmed and its only suggested now how did we all miss it ? incredible forsight well playedClapClap

Dedicated ? - if by dedicated you mean travelling over europe supporting your country and singing your heart out then guilty.

If by dedicated you mean copying the latest flavour of the month just seen on SSN/EPL  (God help us there was no football before sky) then I think I will pass. If you want to do choreograpghed 'dance moves I suggest you go to a Glee concert. its probably your age range.

Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

The amount of "I paid a fortune to get here so I'm not doing the Poznan"

strange I dont see money being mentioned

" Uber-fans on here is ridiculous.

Ahh the old uber fan quip

It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it

Oh thats all right then, Celtuic fans do it it must be OK for Irish fans to do - Thnk God for Celtic is all I can say

would be a nice gesture to our city hosts.

I am sure the Poznan fans/citizens are having sleepless nights wondering what gestures opposing fans will come up with................. 'if only they would do 'a Poznan' it would make our day'

I'm up for it. Regardless of anyone else.

Well done you,   you really are a 'character'
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:46am
Give em hell newry ClapClapClapClapClap
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

+1
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:56am
I think we should do the Poznan, the Huddle, sing You'll Never Walk Alone, and maybe sort some sort of special Ireland shirt with green and white hoos in support of Neil Lennon? Johnny C might sort that for us?

HAIL HAIL!!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think we should do the Poznan, the Huddle, sing You'll Never Walk Alone, and maybe sort some sort of special Ireland shirt with green and white hoos in support of Neil Lennon? Johnny C might sort that for us?

HAIL HAIL!!

and refer to the Croats, Spanish and Italians as the Hun.
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:00am
Ah lads, surely this bloke has a valid point. Well, I think he does. I can't make it home for the Bosnia game but in sympathy, I'll be turning my back to the TV and jumping up and down for 90 minutes.
If somebody could send me text updates of the game, I'd be grateful.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:08am
"and refer to the Croats, Spanish and Italians as the Hun"

Na, the Ustace, Falange and Blackshirts........the popes crusaders
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Ah lads, surely this bloke has a valid point. Well, I think he does. I can't make it home for the Bosnia game but in sympathy, I'll be turning my back to the TV and jumping up and down for 90 minutes.
If somebody could send me text updates of the game, I'd be grateful.

Can I also add that anybody else who can't make it to the Bosnia game who does do the same as me is a snob and a dry sh*te .
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:27am
My god. The Poznan? Really? How terribly crass. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:28am
Poznan folks won't really care. They won't be in the stadium, or at least not many of them. 

Also, singing another song in honour of Poznan isn't going to get any attention at all. The Poznan celebration at least stands a chance. The thing to be remembered is that the Poznan is actually a goal celebration, not like a facking mexican wave that gets pulled out when people are bored.

As it is, I would probably get involved if it started..... but only if it started after we scored and went up by three clear goals with less than ten minutes to play.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
How the f**k has this gotten to 3 pages
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
Have people never been to a live football match. Theres no need to manufacture an atmosphere - it happens itself. And even moreso at a major tournament.

I couldnt care less if people are doing handstands in the crowd, you dont need to decide whether you're going to join in 2 and a half months before the game Geek
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:41am
Bet your bottom dollar if we go 1up v Croatia 80% of the well oiled Paddys will be doing this
It's spur of the moment sh*t
I'd probably do it for 10/20 seconds and that would be it
No big deal but some Superfans seem to have a problem with it
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Have people never been to a live football match. Theres no need to manufacture an atmosphere - it happens itself. And even moreso at a major tournament.

I couldnt care less if people are doing handstands in the crowd, you dont need to decide whether you're going to join in 2 and a half months before the game Geek

But I'm not good at doing handstands, what the hell am I supposed to do if people start doing this?

Can we decide on something else than handstands lads?
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:48am
I have no problem if other lads at the match wanna do it couldnt care less

I certainly wont be turning my back on the game though

Why do we have to jump on another bandwagon getting involved in another generic footballing celebration when we have plenty of songs etc of our own

That just cant get enough is getting seriously old aswel
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic