You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:37pm
brat to Sarajevo on bus €30 last saloon if we do get through!!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

brat to Sarajevo on bus €30 last saloon if we do get through!!!!

Vienna to Medjugorje bus stops in Zeneca.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

have direct return flights to brat but if we win god knows what I’ll do. 

Same here. The Slovakia trip is sorted but I won't be taking a gamble on Bosnia flights unless they are dirt cheap.
This is the gamble lads .
Now if we lose or get the North you two are big winners , on the other hand if we get Bosnia you will be very lucky to get flights on the cheap .
Like SD took the hit for around €200, that I think was worth it even thou you will not need some of the flights .

It wasn't a €200 hit for the Bosnia flights. I've paid €200 total for all my flights, give or take.

Dublin Prague Wednesday €40
Budapest Dublin Sunday €74
Budapest Sarajevo Sunday  €20
Sarajevo Budapest Wednesday €20
Budapest Dublin Wednesday €52

That's €206 but the maximum amount "wasted" is going to be about €92, in the event we come back directly from Budapest on Sunday, whether that's because we have to come to Belfast or because we lose. Even if we lose, I might head down to Bosnia anyway if I've no work on from the Monday to Wednesday.

I'd rather have it sorted and not need it. If I was still looking to sort it, I'd book a Wednesday evening flight back from Budapest and just drive down. It's about 7 hours but if there are a few, it can be split. Then all you need is car hire from Budapest which is likely going to be cheaper than flying down.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
The flights alone from Budapest to Sarajevo and back via there to Dublin on those dates are about €260 now. Handy that you got them that cheap at the time
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:48pm
Dublin Bratislava Tuesday €25
Vienna Dublin Saturday €40
Budapest Sarajevo Sunday  €45
Sarajevo Budapest Wednesday €17
Budapest Dublin Wednesday €50

Similar routes booked to those above booked the Dublin to Bratislava flight before the Denmark game and booked the Sarajevo to Budapest flight before the draw. Got lucky to an extent. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 04 Dec 2019 at 10:49pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 7:10am
Even leaving it late I was happy with what I got .
Shannon - Stanstead - Vienna going out .
Back Vienna - Bristol - Knock
Or Dubrovnik - Gatwick - Knock all flights came in at a grant total of €201

Most expensive was Dub - Gat - KNO but if you have to book that 5 days before the game you would be looing at twice that price at a guess .
Now still have to pay for a room in Stanstead for the night and a couple of buses to Bosnia and to Dubrovnik but on the whole very happy with that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 7:47am

Most expensive was Dub - Gat - KNO but if you have to book that 5 days before the game you would be looing at twice that price at a guess .
Now still have to pay for a room in Stanstead for the night and a couple of buses to Bosnia and to Dubrovnik but on the whole very happy with that .

No.flies on you Murph, well unless you stay in a dodgy hotel or was that ants  
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

No.flies on you Murph, well unless you stay in a dodgy hotel or was that ants  
What were they Baldie is a good question , the only thing I could think that were hornets or something from the same family and no pun intended .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:13am
I think they were moths as NR opened his wallet that night 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 12:40pm

Now then Baldie
I was sat at a table in Georgia when NR asked the waitress to send over two beers to a former member of crisc . Now if you think that was unbelievable NR got and then paid for dinner for myself and Muff and walked off into the sunset .
Myself and Muff just sat there for about 10 minutes without saying anything a bit like when Fr Ted kicked bishop Brennan up the ass Beer
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:09pm
I see he saved his generosity for the Georgia trip.  No chance in Copenhagen :)  
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:29pm

In NR's defence, he bought me a beer in Copenhagen.
When I say bought, he actually got it for somebody else who had already left and saw me walking by and offered it to me. But I was grateful all the same!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 4:03pm
Damned if you do and damned if you dont NR.
I didnt know weather to frame or drink the beer in Tblisi 😁

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 5:51pm
The north not giving us any extra tickets according to the independent
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm

Now then Baldie
I was sat at a table in Georgia when NR asked the waitress to send over two beers to a former member of crisc . Now if you think that was unbelievable NR got and then paid for dinner for myself and Muff and walked off into the sunset .
Myself and Muff just sat there for about 10 minutes without saying anything a bit like when Fr Ted kicked bishop Brennan up the ass Beer

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

In NR's defence, he bought me a beer in Copenhagen.
When I say bought, he actually got it for somebody else who had already left and saw me walking by and offered it to me. But I was grateful all the same!

CoolCoolCool
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Wouldn't expect them too and tbf, they're both entitled not to and quite right not to in the the interest of their own fans.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm
Well hopefully we are in a position to worry about tickets after the Slovakia game
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Wouldn't expect them too and tbf, they're both entitled not to and quite right not to in the the interest of their own fans.
Safe to say that's 1 ticket scrum I'm definitely staying out of (if that game does even happen). LOL

Any word yet on what the Slovaks are doing re the away tickets allocation btw? 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic