You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Possitives about Euro in Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possitives about Euro in Poland
    Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 9:53am
Just saw some Irish fans off yesterday at the Poznan airport ... and was suprised by their question:

was there any political propaganda campaign prior to Euro to tell you how you should welcome us?

There was of course one answer: no, Poles hate being brainwashed!

I think this question answers a lot!!!

The next question was: right, what else to see, except Poznan, when we come in Autumn?

and final: Vojt, honestly, in Poznan, we cannot say that we ever felt ripped off!

any other positive comments?
Sponsored Links

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 10:06am
Next thing ... Poles are learning about you and your history

It is in Polish but look here
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
My mates had been before about 8 years ago, they are impressed by the progress in Poland abut also the change in people.
Poles are learning to be more open, foreigners are not a novelty now Big smile

Edited by mactifosi - 16 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 2:22pm
Really enjoyed Poznan, the square was great the prices for food drink and taxis was really reasonable.
The Poles I spoke to we're very welcoming, went up to Fort viii on the Monday but it was closed the guy there was kind enough to let us have a look around , some atmosphere about that place.

Well done Poznan and its people
NewrycityonTour View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:43pm
Torun is the best place in Poland, by a mile.
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

Torun is the best place in Poland, by a milecone

fixed that, and congrats for the head shaveClap
I know nothing :-)
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 6:43pm
Another vote for Poznan here.

Will be back with the missus some time soon
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
paddy cork View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paddy cork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 7:14pm
poznan is a great city
one small problem,went out to the airport early on monday to watch the france/england game on tv but it was not being shown on any of the many tvs there.strangeQuestionThumbs Down
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by paddy cork paddy cork wrote:

poznan is a great city
one small problem,went out to the airport early on monday to watch the france/england game on tv but it was not being shown on any of the many tvs there.strangeQuestionThumbs Down

They may have not purchased TV licence to screen the Polish national TV broadcaster!
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:40am
How the locals mixed with the other fans. Loved the old people's reaction to Irish fans. They really enjoyed it, out taking photos etc. Nobody tried to rip us off
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
FrenchToastO'Toole View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchToastO'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

Torun is the best place in Poland, by a mile.

Disagree strongly there. The tri-city area gets my vote.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 5:45pm
We've had a blast in Poznan, Gdansk and Torun. No rip offs, yes some places prices varied but that's the way it goes. No hassles at all, watched he Polish games and had great craic with the locals. Defo consider coming back.
toruntips.com View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toruntips.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 6:06pm
Glad you've all had a wonderful time here in Poland. Certainly all the lads I spoke to had 100% positive things to say both about Poland and of course Toruń. Come back guys...you're most welcome here anytime!!! Smile
bessbrookgreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bessbrookgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 7:41pm
I was in Poznan for two nights for the Croatia game and was really blown away by the locals welcome from taxi men to hotel staff first class. Not forgetting the very friendly and good natured croats . Both nations deserve a pat on the back, I flew home last Monday but liked it that much I'm heading out again tmrw for the last hurrah!!
Redboy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:09pm
Had a great time in Poznan. The place and the people were absolutely fantastic. Cannot praise them enough
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:22pm
The womenTongue
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

The womenTongue

As the man said, pics or GTFO Smile
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:59pm
None even the weather was crap.Thumbs Down
Shake and Bake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic