You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The Irish government look to be following the English Govt regarding mandatory hotel quarantine centres if you arrive from a 'red flag' country - A £1750/2000 euro fee is required to stay in the hotel for 14 days otherwise you can get a £5000 fine and/or a 10 year jail sentence.

Portugal is a country listed on the red flag list and I can't see the stance changing anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say any trip to Portugal to a complete write-off unless you're willing to comply with the soon-to-be law. If there's any hope I can give it's that Azerbaijan is not on red flag list.

Jaysus, it's 7 months away!
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The Irish government look to be following the English Govt regarding mandatory hotel quarantine centres if you arrive from a 'red flag' country - A £1750/2000 euro fee is required to stay in the hotel for 14 days otherwise you can get a £5000 fine and/or a 10 year jail sentence.

Portugal is a country listed on the red flag list and I can't see the stance changing anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say any trip to Portugal to a complete write-off unless you're willing to comply with the soon-to-be law. If there's any hope I can give it's that Azerbaijan is not on red flag list.

And we didn't even have 1 vaccine even approved 3 months ago. A lot can still change in the next few months. Don't be panicking just yet. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

away with the negativity lads 
Ive travelled with worse ****s 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And we didn't even have 1 vaccine even approved 3 months ago. A lot can still change in the next few months. Don't be panicking just yet. Thumbs Up

Ah thought I was being realistic rather than negative.

I'd be the first person on the plane if it was in Faro after all the craic last time! I still laugh occasionally how much of a tit I made of myself LOLEmbarrassed
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ah thought I was being realistic rather than negative.

I'd be the first person on the plane if it was in Faro after all the craic last time! I still laugh occasionally how much of a tit I made of myself LOLEmbarrassed
Redeemed yourself shouting me the pint in the airportThumbs Up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 2:28pm
we really need some blind optimism based on nothing in particular  - we are Ireland fans after all it comes with the territory
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
optimism is a hard ask at the moment . The pressure from the media especially to open up early for Christmas and people letting their guard down was a disaster and unfortunately we will be very lucky to have a home holiday never mind foreign travel.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:20pm
if we can’t go to these batch of games I might even consider Qatar 2022!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we really need some blind optimism based on nothing in particular  - we are Ireland fans after all it comes with the territory

Ah the whole thing will fizzle out in the summer. Get booking them flights lads Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:03am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

if we can’t go to these batch of games I might even consider Qatar 2022!
Yeah I'm going to look at going to the final if there's no games this Autumn.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:29am
Do you think you will get a ticket in lisbon for this, if it goes ahead

Edited by brissy - 23 Feb 2021 at 4:30am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:57am
Hard to know. I wonder will it be a case of only fans who are vaccinated can go in which case I'd imagine a lot of us would be. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:14pm
Took the plunge well kind of as i booked time off work for all of the the away apart from Serbia , now not booking flights but at least i have the time off sorted if we do . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:54am
I assume Lisbon would have better facilities than other cities for managing bubbles and distancing so on that basis it's likely that games will be scheduled to take place there.

In the event fans can attend games you'd assume it'll be put in the biggest possible stadium to i). to cater for as many people attending as possible; ii). cater for social distancing within the stadium if only a partial attendance is allowed.

Your really hoping for a perfect storm of both countries (and likely the rest of Europe) meeting their vaccine targets in time and restrictions lifting. Bizzare that the FAI CEO thinks fans will be able to attend Euro 2020 games in Dublin in June when attending games in September look far from certain. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:32am
Lisbon had huge case numbers haven’t checked in the last fortnight. If people use cop on there’s a chance we could actually get to go in September.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Lisbon had huge case numbers haven’t checked in the last fortnight. If people use cop on there’s a chance we could actually get to go in September.
They did but that peak has already passed and numbers are now down to around 1k cases per day.

If these vaccine passports do become a thing as well, we could indeed get to go. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/ ;

Don't think there's any hope of large scale international travel for a long time
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/ ;

Don't think there's any hope of large scale international travel for a long time

That’s a ridiculous article
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
  Share Topic