You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poppygate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 10:34pm
[QUOTE=Roberto_Carlow]This year's launch of the poppy (It gets earlier every year) we were told we should wear one because of the brave work of those we don't know who protect us everyday. It's all about British nationalism now, nothing else. It's a shame what it has become really.

Had a conversation yesterday with a colleague about why I don't wear one and ended as it usually does,  why don't I go home.

You're with them now, cheerleading the aggressive militarism of the west in  Eastern Europe 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 11:27pm
I don’t think it does get earlier every year 
I didn’t see a poppy until after Halloween this year, usually see them middle of October 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 6:59am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

[QUOTE=Roberto_Carlow]This year's launch of the poppy (It gets earlier every year) we were told we should wear one because of the brave work of those we don't know who protect us everyday. It's all about British nationalism now, nothing else. It's a shame what it has become really.

Had a conversation yesterday with a colleague about why I don't wear one and ended as it usually does,  why don't I go home.

You're with them now, cheerleading the aggressive militarism of the west in  Eastern Europe 

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic