You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polish Zloty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:05am
some pole in me job was saying it was only 3.10 to the euro in poland so to get it in ireland, she must be on crack is she? There is nowhere left in tallaght that has any PLN.

Where is the best place to get PLN in Poland? Is it at a kanter thingy? Are they all over the place and open weekends and til what time usually?
Sponsored Links

Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:08am
She is on crack.
Kantors are open all weekend and usually until 8pm/9pm. Good few in main sities such as Poznan/Torun etc. There is also ATM's everywhere and the commission charge isnt that bad.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

some pole in me job was saying it was only 3.10 to the euro in poland so to get it in ireland, she must be on crack is she? There is nowhere left in tallaght that has any PLN.

Where is the best place to get PLN in Poland? Is it at a kanter thingy? Are they all over the place and open weekends and til what time usually?

They are talking through their hole Andy, as I said I got 850 out of ATM yesterday and worked out to be 200euro and also there are exchange places(kantor) everywhere, don't be worried in the slightest.

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They are talking through their hole Andy, as I said I got 850 out of ATM yesterday and worked out to be 200euro and also there are exchange places(kantor) everywhere, don't be worried in the slightest.

Might just wait till I get there if this is the case as I was just gonna change it in the airport 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:26am
going to change a few quid at the airport just to have some walking-around-money
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:32am
Wouldn't be changing much Milla, you will get an ATM as soon as you land, there really isn't a panic bringing it over before hand, as I said the exchange rates are good here, I got 4.25 yesterday from
ATM and my friend got 4.26 from a kantor place.

Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

going to change a few quid at the airport just to have some walking-around-money

Wouldn't change in the airport either. They give the worst rate of anywhere.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:47am

Might just change 20 euro or something to get me through until I get to a Kanter
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:47am
thanks for the info folks Thumbs Up
kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 12:04pm
Do laser cards with maestro/cirrus work over there?
youngco View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 12:11pm

One of my mates told me they were sold out of Zloty in Dublin airport, not sure if this is correct though!
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:05pm
All you need is €100 going over, ATM is the best way, split it over two accounts to be sure. Dont know why people are taking over 5/600 Euro with them!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kieranmc kieranmc wrote:

Do laser cards with maestro/cirrus work over there?

They do

kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:31pm
What kind of charges do they have on laser withdrawals? Is it better to load up the credit card account and take it out of that? Sorry, I'm clueless with bank stuff!
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:40pm
[QUOTE=kieranmc]What kind of charges do they have on laser withdrawals? Is it better to load up the credit card account and take it out of that? Sorry, I'm clueless with bank stuff![/QUOTE]

Bit like the irish government then Kieran
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:41pm
changed 90 euro to 330 zloty today in Berlin not 3 badSmile
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

changed 90 euro to 330 zloty today in Berlin not 3 badSmile

That's pretty poor to be honest, as I said my friend got 600pln today for 140euro.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 2:02pm
jaysus had i of known that sure look it done now will do for the first trip anyways Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic