You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I think I’m going to go from Cardiff possible stopping off somewhere else for a night or 2 along the way

Cardiff to Brussels on the Friday, Friday night in Brussels, Brussels to Berlin on the Saturday, two nights in Berlin, then Berlin to Wroclaw on Monday. Winner.

£23 Cardiff to London, €69.90 London to Berlin, €20 Berlin to Poznan and about a tenner for the Poznan to Wroclaw train.

If anyone is genuinely interested in this, give me a shout and I'll show you how to book it.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Apr 2018 at 5:24pm
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:27pm
Cardiff to London is about two hours, London to Brussels is about two hours, Brussels to Cologne is about two hours (and you can add a few hours in Cologne along the way and have lunch there, and maybe climb the Cathedral steps), Cologne to Berlin is about four hours, Berlin to Poznan is about three hours (and you could stop there as well) then Poznan to Wroclaw is a couple of hours.

None of those are too long. Having taken most of those trains at different times, I can say there's no issue with any of them. They're all decent quality.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:43pm
Booked the Ryanair for v cheap, mon to wed. Wouldve liked to go from cardiff, but couple of days at home will do no harm. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Booked the Ryanair for v cheap, mon to wed. Wouldve liked to go from cardiff, but couple of days at home will do no harm. 
Same as that. Good flight times for scooping too
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 3:56am
Some very cheap flight options. Flying back to Dublin via Manchester is very cheap. 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
Booked Sunday to Wednesday with Lufthansa out of Dublin via Frankfurt (I refuse to travel with Ryanair) for £130, which is buttons. Couple of hours layover both flights but get to Wroclaw and back to Dublin at a good hour. Hotel bang in centre opposite main station for £128 with breakfast. A very cheap trip
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 3:02pm
Anyone have any idea about hotels here ? Seems to be a big selection. Ideally will want to stay central but it's working out cheap enough 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Booked Sunday to Wednesday with Lufthansa out of Dublin via Frankfurt (I refuse to travel with Ryanair) for £130, which is buttons. Couple of hours layover both flights but get to Wroclaw and back to Dublin at a good hour. Hotel bang in centre opposite main station for £128 with breakfast. A very cheap trip

Ryanair would be half that price on the same days too.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Ryanair would be half that price on the same days too.

I know, but I just refuse to use them. Can't abide O'Leary in any way, shape or form

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 21 Apr 2018 at 5:17pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:07pm
I presume there won't be anymore then 500 at this? Loads of accommodation and cheap transport options. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I presume there won't be anymore then 500 at this? Loads of accommodation and cheap transport options. 

Would have thought there would a few more than that myself. Cheap to get to and cheap to stay in
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I think I’m going to go from Cardiff possible stopping off somewhere else for a night or 2 along the way

Cardiff to Brussels on the Friday, Friday night in Brussels, Brussels to Berlin on the Saturday, two nights in Berlin, then Berlin to Wroclaw on Monday. Winner.

£23 Cardiff to London, €69.90 London to Berlin, €20 Berlin to Poznan and about a tenner for the Poznan to Wroclaw train.

If anyone is genuinely interested in this, give me a shout and I'll show you how to book it.

Now that is a f**king trip. Going to consider something similar closer to the time if I have the days off to take too. 
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:06pm
I had an e-mail from FAI today and the ticket office said "We would imagine it is Warsaw but there has been no confirmation as of yet." So, not sure what to make of that one.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

I had an e-mail from FAI today and the ticket office said "We would imagine it is Warsaw but there has been no confirmation as of yet." So, not sure what to make of that one.

Wouldn’t worry. Polish FA announced on their website it was in Wroclaw. Think someone linked it the page before this. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Would have thought there would a few more than that myself. Cheap to get to and cheap to stay in

The September fixture hasn't seen huge numbers in a few years, and when you consider things like Wales the week before is the competitive game (also relatively cheap to get to), people under pressure for holiday days, those with children will have back to school time for them, the fact the game is on Tuesday & not a weekend day, I'd say 500 won't be far off at all. Would probably attract a good few European based Irish alright as there are good flight & train connections to Wroclaw. 

Edit; The game is a bit away, but there aren't too many posts on the thread asking about pickpockets, where's the meet up, what hotel are ye staying in, how much is a pint in Wroclaw, do they take euros and all the usual bollix that goes with away games, flights are still cheap, I don't think huge numbers have committed to it just yet anyway. 

Edited by deise316 - 23 Apr 2018 at 11:22pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:55am
Monday to Wednesday for me ... nice flights and direct (sounds strange LOL)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:58pm
Looks like this will be my first game travelling solo 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Looks like this will be my first game travelling solo 

More than welcome to walk the streets and drink with us ..

Cant be any worse than other lads we picked up on our travels

Edited by Butch - 25 Apr 2018 at 7:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
  Share Topic