You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Direct flight from Belfast on the Monday still about £30. 

around 20 of us on that flight, most home via Dublin on wed. some direct back on the Friday morning into Belfast fairly cheap, doing auswitchz on the Wednesday.
Everyone should go to Auswitchz just once in their lifetime CryCryCry
All of them did
You Twat AngryAngryAngryAngry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:06am
any idea when FAI will notify applicants about payment etc for tickets for this?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

any idea when FAI will notify applicants about payment etc for tickets for this?
They are waiting for confirmation of price from the Polish FA
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

around 20 of us on that flight, most home via Dublin on wed. some direct back on the Friday morning into Belfast fairly cheap, doing auswitchz on the Wednesday.

Been a few times to Auswitchz now, sobering place but a must visit. Good spin from Wroclaw though..

Just over 3 hours our guide told us. Around 60zloty each includes transport and tickets in, an hour or two in Krakow then into the camp and back up the road to Wroclaw afterward. Looking forward to this trip, have loved Poland anytime I have visited it. Will be first time in Wroclaw though.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:54pm

Been a few times to Auswitchz now, sobering place but a must visit. Good spin from Wroclaw though..

Just over 3 hours our guide told us. Around 60zloty each includes transport and tickets in, an hour or two in Krakow then into the camp and back up the road to Wroclaw afterward. Looking forward to this trip, have loved Poland anytime I have visited it. Will be first time in Wroclaw though.

Room for any more on this??
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:21pm

Krakow is a good whack past Auschwitz from Wroclaw, adding a good bit of time to your trip doing that
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

They are waiting for confirmation of price from the Polish FA

16e
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:30pm
700 going to this according to the ticket office, ticket confirmation should be out end of next week they said. 

Edited by Gabrieléire - 10 Aug 2018 at 4:35pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:35pm
Good figure for a friendly that far away, even if the other games this autumn aren't much to be excited by.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Good figure for a friendly that far away, even if the other games this autumn aren't much to be excited by.

Aye thought that. Should be great craic. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:51pm
I think the fact it's in September and is 10 months after last away game (Wales aside). Gets you over the end of the summer blues.

Any number for the Wales game? Doubt it's many more as talking to a few people that are doing Poland but skipping Cardiff.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:06pm
Really looking forward to this now. Great number for a friendly 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:16pm
can't wait, looks a great little city.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:36pm
Should be good craic and atmosphere, same as Turkey. Can't wait
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:58pm
Really looking forward to this. I have only heard good things from some Polish friends about Wroclaw. In two minds whether to do Auschwitz on the Wednesday. Flying back to Dublin at 9 that night so not sure if its doable as it's a fair spin there but will see if there are any groups doing tours. 
just hit the fecking thing
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Decided to do this as the weather will be nice and Wroclaw is supposedly a nice city.  Couldn't be arsed going back to Cardiff and Denmark playing the same old teams again. 

I cant get the 6 Nations rugby how they get excited by the same opposition every single year

Edited by Trap junior - 13 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Decided to do this as the weather will be nice and Wroclaw is supposedly a nice city.  Couldn't be arsed going back to Cardiff and Denmark playing the same old teams again. 

I cant get the 6 Nations rugby how they get excited by the same opposition every single year

This Clap

I can't even motivate my buddies to do the trips. The last 2 aways were Cardiff and Copenhagen like (granted this is in Aarhus). It is with deep regret that I park the away travelling for the rest of 2018 and start fresh in 2019. Renewed the season ticket alright. I've seen so much of Europe from following the boys in Green and long may it continue. Really want Baku and Ljubljana in the next few years. Love seeing the East. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:18am
Aarhus will be my first Ireland game in a year so even though I was in Denmark last year, I can't wait for this. 
Poland will be a good trip also I reckon !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 23>
  Share Topic