You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 7:03pm
close to the old town I'd imagine, that's usually where the best spots are.
Many making this trip lads??
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 7:10pm
Going to guess around the 1k mark, maybe slightly over it. No extra direct flights put on, and even though there are a lot of ways to get there indirectly, that would suggest demand won't be too big. It will probably attract a good few European based Irish though, Wroclaw being relatively handy to get to flight or train wise from various countries, so might end up toward 1400  or so if a good few of those people turn up. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 7:24pm
Direct flight from Belfast on the Monday still about £30. 
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Good price, €177 return from Dublin now. Was a bit cheaper via Munich with Lufthansa...
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

None of my usual crowd. Good crowd for Wales, and Denmark though..
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Looking forward to it more than Cardiff if I am honest 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:54pm
Me too. Much prefer the smaller crowds, Cardiff was cringe last year. As was Copenhagen. Have been to Wrcolaw several times; the wife is Polish. Great city.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Me too. Much prefer the smaller crowds, Cardiff was cringe last year. As was Copenhagen. Have been to Wrcolaw several times; the wife is Polish. Great city.

I used to think that it was just the bigger games that brought the cringe but Paris in May had it's fair share of bad apples. Nothing too bad but some cringey things as you say like lads jumping in front of cars and even some getting seriously injured. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 7:59am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I used to think that it was just the bigger games that brought the cringe but Paris in May had it's fair share of bad apples. Nothing too bad but some cringey things as you say like lads jumping in front of cars and even some getting seriously injured. 

Wanting to be the next viral lad on joe.ie will do that
Danger here, OH NO
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 9:25am

How is it for mid week late bars?
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 9:59am
Monday- Friday Direct from Shannon is €75 return, few of us on that.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm
missed the ticket deadline for this, will i just give the TO a shout or easy to pick them up out there? cheers
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

missed the ticket deadline for this, will i just give the TO a shout or easy to pick them up out there? cheers

either but as I would try the TO as it saves you the hassle
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:39am
Anyone else doing both Wales and Poland on the Sunday morning flight from Bristol? Just booked it for 20 pounds
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 11:31am

around 20 of us on that flight, most home via Dublin on wed. some direct back on the Friday morning into Belfast fairly cheap, doing auswitchz on the Wednesday.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

around 20 of us on that flight, most home via Dublin on wed. some direct back on the Friday morning into Belfast fairly cheap, doing auswitchz on the Wednesday.
Everyone should go to Auswitchz just once in their lifetime CryCryCry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:57pm

Been a few times to Auswitchz now, sobering place but a must visit. Good spin from Wroclaw though..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Everyone should go to Auswitchz just once in their lifetime CryCryCry
All of them did
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
  Share Topic