You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 43>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Surely he's on a wind up

Anything but.

The demand was put out for an example where the egg chasers had to move their friendlies for us. When it was swiftly provided, the debate moved on to crocodile tears about the egg chasers travel arrangements for their home friendlies. As if FIFA should give them a second thought.

This issue is always dragged up every single time we have to play in November. In the past 30 years, I can't think of one Ireland football game at that time of year that was affected by their schedule. Even in March in the middle of their 6 Nations, we've rarely, if ever been affected. The last one I remember was when we were due to play Macedonia at home in October 1999, which clashed with their world cup schedule, and Lansdowne was one of the venues. So it had to be rescheduled, twice, and we played Macedonia away on the date instead.

We have 3 days available to play our home game. There's no getting away from that, and television concerns will carry more weight in the scheduling of it than the egg chasers travel arrangements. Even the bogballers have to reschedule their parochial amateur games everytime we qualify for a tournament. If they can do it, so can the egg chasers. They know they can't compete with Ireland in the football Euros/World Cup.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Surely he's on a wind up

Anything but.

The demand was put out for an example where the egg chasers had to move their friendlies for us. When it was swiftly provided, the debate moved on to crocodile tears about the egg chasers travel arrangements for their home friendlies. As if FIFA should give them a second thought.

This issue is always dragged up every single time we have to play in November. In the past 30 years, I can't think of one Ireland football game at that time of year that was affected by their schedule. Even in March in the middle of their 6 Nations, we've rarely, if ever been affected. The last one I remember was when we were due to play Macedonia at home in October 1999, which clashed with their world cup schedule, and Lansdowne was one of the venues. So it had to be rescheduled, twice, and we played Macedonia away on the date instead.

We have 3 days available to play our home game. There's no getting away from that, and television concerns will carry more weight in the scheduling of it than the egg chasers travel arrangements. Even the bogballers have to reschedule their parochial amateur games everytime we qualify for a tournament. If they can do it, so can the egg chasers. They know they can't compete with Ireland in the football Euros/World Cup.

Are you fcuking dense or what?! 

It's not up to FIFA/FAI or Planning from ybig to dictate scheduling arrangements when the IRFU have had arrangements that were made with their respective partners months in advance irrespective of potential playoff dates for Ireland. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm
It always amazes me how people keep responding to the likes of Planning and D Doc.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm
I have the FIFA app on my phone, is that where I watch the draw?
Don’t want to be fluting around tomorrow looking for it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm
Surely Sky Sports News will show it live??
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Surely Sky Sports News will show it live??

They are
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Same here want it booked @ 1:30 if possible fai website maybe
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:49pm
This is our 8th appearance in a playoff, which is a record (W3 L4).
(9 if you include the Spain match in the 1960’s).
Ukraine have the next most with appearances with 6 (W1 L5).
Croatia have qualified most times thru the playoffs with 4 (P4 W4).
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:58pm
Any chance of planning being banned ? Contributes nothing but bs to the Ireland threads.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

It always amazes me how people keep responding to the likes of Planning and D Doc.
Rim me jacketman, and do not lump me in with that other spud
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Any chance of planning being banned ? Contributes nothing but bs to the Ireland threads.

I set up a thread on it before, maybe a year ago, asking for views on whether he should be banned.

The overwhelming response was that he has the right to air his views on here and I have no right to ban someone for that.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:24am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I want Croatia - we are due their head. Be the best trip travel wise also. AS IN I have never been, cool stadium, maybe do Slovenia as well. 

Was in the stadium during the summer for a league game. Nothing to write home about . Terrible crowd at the game too. Great city though
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:23am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:24am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Vanessa Huppenkothen will be carrying out the draw HeartHeartHeart

So that's why she declined my invitation to do my draw
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Vanessa Huppenkothen will be carrying out the draw HeartHeartHeart[URL=http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=10/news=huppenkothen-and-hierro-will-present-european-play-off-draw-2913919.html][/URL]

So that's why she declined my invitation to do my draw

She heard the balls would be much bigger at the FIFA draw

Swedball View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swedball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:22am
Thank you irishmufc!

Yes I may underestimate NI to some extent, probably the loss to Norway(!) of all teams that made me think less of them.

Anyway, few hours left to the important draw that especially for us unseeded teams will decide if we have a fair or very bad chance, or something in between. The class difference is too big to have a "good" chance (over 50 %) against any seeded team.

Still, at the end of the day, I so hope that Sweden will get Switzerland. A neighbour fight with Denmark that we won last time is not something I wish for, they would be in full revenge mood and have more technical skills than us unseeded teams would like to think.
Like I wrote, please take Denmark if you want. I'd say Ireland has a 30-40 % chance of beating them (or Switzerland, which I suspect are a bit overrated tbh).
Croatia = very bad.
Italy = good night, turn out the light and plan for some cheering up activity in november that can compensate the coming loss.

Interesting fact, showing just how difficult European qualification for the WC is:
If Sweden gets Italy today, the last two World cups will have been missed because we came second to Germany in the 2014 qualification and had to face Portugal in the playoff, and came second to France so we had to face Italy in the playoff!

So I mean...if Sweden gets Italy today, "bad luck" wouldn't be enough to describe it Dead
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:24am
She's unreal!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 43>
  Share Topic