You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:26am
We could quite conceivably beat Switzerland, I wouldn't hold out much hope against Portugal. They play a fairly negative style of football like ourselves so it won't be a case of backs to the wall defending which we seem quite comfortable with, we'd likely have to take some initiative. Add to that Ronaldo's game-changing ability and it'd hard to see us coming out on top.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 3:11am
i want  la suisse ....i think but before them  denmark.....portugal should win tomorrow over 90 minutes  but... clock is ticking....

what a victory today....as  for  italy ...if we argentina  failed tomorrow night ....then it can happen to the tricky italians....fear no one i say
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 3:57am
I want to avoid Italy. The rest are fooking pussy countries who we'll brush aside nonchalantly.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 7:38am
Portugal- Have a genuine world class gamechanger in their ranks in Ronaldo. Outside of that they have a lot of technically gifted options. They do play a fairly negative brand of football relying on the counter. Still think they're to be avoided.

Switzerland- Have been impressive winning 9/10. Similar to Portugal in they rely heavily on the quick counter. On his day Shaquiri can be special. Beat them last time we played them, they'd be my preference. Hopefully Portugal beat them this evening to give us the option.

Croatia: team to avoid. Technically brilliant did falter at the end which seen coach replaced. Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, perisic they have players to out pass us (like most teams 😂) Mandzukic is one of the most underrated forwards in Europe and a danger.

Italy: Different kettle to what we played in Lille. Think they were always playoff bound when you consider it was them or the Spanish. Seemed to take foot of gas when they couldn't qualify directly drawing to Macedonia and making hard work of Albania. Still want to avoid them as over two legs they'd beat us.

Denmark: Would be a good draw, outside of Christian Eriksen they probably around our level. Have been impressive in last few games and would he a tough two legs. Keep Eriksen quiet and it will be a close tie. Would still prefer the Swiss over them.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:17am
Croatia are the team we absolutely need to avoid.
Hopefully Portugal beat Switzerland to give us the option of them, even though Switzerland are slightly better than us, in my opinion.

Italy are going badly at the moment and I think we would turn this into a war of attrition. Would come down to the wire.

Denmark are probably the team to get.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
Ideally we want Portugal to win tonight and then:

50% chance of Drawing Denmark or the Swiss
Avoid Croatia and Italy.

It's my b-day on the 10th Nov so will be in New York for both games.
I was there when we beat Austria away so will go to the same bar and hope for the same result.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What dates are the 2 games?

Thanks

9/10/11 and 12/13/14
The rugby lads play SA in the Aviva on Sat 11th. I guess they showed this week we can do back-to-back football/rugby games anyway if it comes to it.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What dates are the 2 games?

Thanks

9/10/11 and 12/13/14
The rugby lads play SA in the Aviva on Sat 11th. I guess they showed this week we can do back-to-back football/rugby games anyway if it comes to it.

They always have been able to do it. Been done plenty of times before in Lansdowne and Croker
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:11am
We're going to get Croatia aren't we?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:19am
My fear Dead

A midfield with Inter, Real and Barca represented. Meanwhile we throw Burnley and West Brom at them. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:24am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

My fear Dead

A midfield with Inter, Real and Barca represented. Meanwhile we throw Burnley and West Brom at them. 

They couldn't beat Finland and Kosovo in qualifying
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

My fear Dead

Finland and Kosovo would beat us in qualifying 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

skimcg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:32am
All the Switz need is a draw so Portugal will have to change their style of play and take the initiative tonight. Just landed in lisbon..sun is shining. Should be a cracker in estadio da Luz! Hoping for a Porto win and a Denmark playoff. We are all wishing for a trip to Basel or Copenhagen so it's going to be costly for everyone if we draw either team!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:35am

My fear Dead

They beat Kosovo twice, 7-0 over two games
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:35am

My fear Dead

Ah now
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by skimcg skimcg wrote:

All the Switz need is a draw so Portugal will have to change their style of play and take the initiative tonight. Just landed in lisbon..sun is shining. Should be a cracker in estadio da Luz! Hoping for a Porto win and a Denmark playoff. We are all wishing for a trip to Basel or Copenhagen so it's going to be costly for everyone if we draw either team!

that's the downside of drawing either of them LOL not nice on the ol bank balance.

Looking as well Swiss seem to mix up where they play their games, Looks like Basel is the main place but they have played in Geneva, Lucerne and St. Gallen in the last two campaigns.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 10 Oct 2017 at 9:40am
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:36am

My fear Dead

LOL Gway outta that
BannerGreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BannerGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:46am
Presume we'll be away second as unseeded?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
  Share Topic