Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playing against minnows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Think they only major whipping boys left in European competition are San Marino and Andorra. Then you would think teams seeded 4 and up should also beat the likes of luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Azerbaijan and Kazachstan home and away, but not by cricket scores like the old days

even andorra and san marino dont seem to get hammered as they did years ago. teams are fitter than they ever were plus alot of these teams tend to have foreign coaches with vast experience these days. if ireland beat any of these teams 2-0 id find that acceptable tbh

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

And Luxembourg struggling, 1-0 down to Northern Ireland

LOL

thankfully they saved their blushes with a late equaliser
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Sweden score 2 and pick up 3 points at home to 142nd ranked team. P45 for the Swedish gaffer me thinks.

thing is though, I reckon the Swedish gaffer picks his strongest side(injuries permitting) - our manager doesnt & wont - thats why he gets hammered by fans! 
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Weser777 Weser777 wrote:

Sweden score 2 and pick up 3 points at home to 142nd ranked team. P45 for the Swedish gaffer me thinks.

thing is though, I reckon the Swedish gaffer picks his strongest side(injuries permitting) - our manager doesnt & wont - thats why he gets hammered by fans! 

so Sweden had their best side out(injuries permitting)and only scored 2 v kazakstan-one of which was in the 94th minute and that at home.if we got that exact same score when we play them at the Aviva Trapp would be slaughtered.perspective and realusm are great things and I think some irish fans are lacking in both currently.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 7:20am
ireland are minnows FFS
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 7:37am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

ireland are minnows FFS

Whats our ranking...hardly minnows
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

ireland are minnows FFS

You re about as funny as a dose of the clap jinky.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Weser777 Weser777 wrote:

You reckon but your not sure.
So your only speculating?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

It was the long ball performance that annoyed people i think

This

If we got the ball down passed it through midfield and created a few chances there wouldn't be half as much hyperbole about the result. The performance was chronic long ball from the kick off set the tone. Trap is Machiavellian in his thoughts but as fans we want to see them playing to their potential like the team did on Tuesday not by kick and rush tactics against the Kazak's
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:34am
its alright watching sh*te football like we had under jack when you go to tournaments and do yourselves proud,

its when you play like a bad u-12's team , have the players who could perform much better and go to a tourmament and are embarrassed that gets on my wick , and i think i am not the only one.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

its alright watching sh*te football like we had under jack when you go to tournaments and do yourselves proud,

its when you play like a bad u-12's team , have the players who could perform much better and go to a tourmament and are embarrassed that gets on my wick , and i think i am not the only one.

And don't forget to add the part about after the tournament coming back and playing the same system with the same players.

I'll get over the Euro's but this really annoys me 
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:52am

Thats what i said in my letter roger.The fans didnt get their performance or result that we have tradionally gotten at all tournaments we had been too.Every one wanted to be there to say "i was there when we beat spain etc etc".It didnt happen and fans are sore over that imo.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 11:38am
ClapClap

Thats what i said in my letter roger.The fans didnt get their performance or result that we have tradionally gotten at all tournaments we had been too.Every one wanted to be there to say "i was there when we beat spain etc etc".It didnt happen and fans are sore over that imo.
ClapClapClap

Absolutely spot on! Trap and the team p***ed on the hopes of a nation by losing to Spain. Hence the post-Euro 2012 witchhunt among the Ole Ole Journalists, and sheeple who believe any old rubbish they spout!

It was never gonna happen against Spain or Italy - didn't they make it to the Final?

THe only performance which i believe was lower than what i'd hoped for was against Croatia - Shay was at fault for that performance IMO. He was unfit and cost us bigtime.  Sorry Shay. 

However, the Whingefest was up in arms when we had to come home with Zero points.

Well said.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Eddie Rincon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Rincon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:45pm
losing to Spain/Italy/ even Croatia was never going to be a problem for 'football people', whom I assume we are hopefully addressing on a site like this. The opinion of Pat Kenny or JOe Duffy's milkman are unimportant.

The problem is not giving your players a chance to compete with your selection and tactics. It was the equivalent of betting everything on a zero in roulette. What if the SPanish only create 35 chances and miss them all and we nick one with Robbie the speedster alone upfront catching mortars in the cracks of his arse.

There is a serious echo on this site. People are tired of repeating the obvious . Let's move on.Trap messed up.  He knows it , maybe he will finally do something about it after Tuesday. We can live in hope. 

I want to contribute something positive to this forum but these circular arguments between intransigents are baiting people. I have ignored a few recently but it is as if the dissenters from the Trap love-in are being drowned in this ' we could only lose so who cares what happened' propaganda.  And vice versa from the opposite side of the fence- Trap lives in Castle Grey SKull, hates Paddy , bets against us in his local bookies doesn't know how to text properly to foreign numbers. 

Let's wait for his team selection against Germany and we can start again then. I have my opinion on what will happen and I really hope I'm wrong...

porque el Baron Rojo Sur dice...
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm

no youre not spot on post

anyone who has read or who reads other forums knows that the rest of the football world thinks we were humiliated at the euros with traps selections and tactics being the number 1 reason

we were never gonna get out of the group but we might have scraped a couple of points and put in decent performances

instead we bent over and got our bottoms spanked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic