You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Where is Philips mother from?

Leeds

Leeds Leeds Leeds
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 11:38am
I see Josh Martin from Norwich has signed for MK Dons on loan for 21/22. 

Irish eligible so he says himself anyways. Looks a talented lad in his own right could be worth keeping an eye on looks more then good enough for that level based on what he did in cameos for Norwich last season. https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/josh-martin-s-norwich-city-story-so-far-1839100
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:20pm
16 year old Ruairi McConville, from West Belfast, has signed for Brighton. He is a 6 foot 4 inch centre back. Currently playing at underage level for NI but there are plenty of young Irish lads at Brighton who might talk some sense into him at some point.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

16 year old Ruairi McConville, from West Belfast, has signed for Brighton. He is a 6 foot 4 inch centre back. Currently playing at underage level for NI but there are plenty of young Irish lads at Brighton who might talk some sense into him at some point.

We have a few giants coming through at that age group and slightly older. Collins, McGuinness, maybe McConville. I'm sure there's at least one other who's that height.

Brighton's a really popular destination for the Irish over the last few years. The John Morling connection, I guess.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 12:51am
McConville was on Linfield's books, not an unusual thing for west Belfast kids these days, and captain of the NI under-17 team although he only turned 16 in May. He was on the radar of other PL clubs but Brighton got him. He may indeed switch in years to come if he makes it.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

McConville was on Linfield's books, not an unusual thing for west Belfast kids these days, and captain of the NI under-17 team although he only turned 16 in May. He was on the radar of other PL clubs but Brighton got him. He may indeed switch in years to come if he makes it.

Speaking of West Belfast lads at Linfield, I note that Paul Smyth hasn't kicked on like it looked he might. He has dropped down to Leyton Orient in League Two. I remember him fluttering his eyelashes at us when he made the breakthrough initially at QPR.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Speaking of West Belfast lads at Linfield, I note that Paul Smyth hasn't kicked on like it looked he might. He has dropped down to Leyton Orient in League Two. I remember him fluttering his eyelashes at us when he made the breakthrough initially at QPR.

Too much airtime given to lads like that who a) play for NI, and b) will never be good enough for international football
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 10:58am
Paul Smyth may still be eligible to switch, I think he has only played for NI in friendlies, but after a bright start at QPR he has slipped down the divisions. Leyton Orient you would think should be in the mix for promotion. Kenny Jackett is manager there now and intends playing a "Little and Large" combo of Smyth and Aaron Drinan up front. Smyth is a small guy but has terrific pace and from what I have seen of him is better in that role than on the wing, where some of the clubs he's been with have played him.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm

Paul Smyth may still be eligible to switch, I think he has only played for NI in friendlies, but after a bright start at QPR he has slipped down the divisions. Leyton Orient you would think should be in the mix for promotion. Kenny Jackett is manager there now and intends playing a "Little and Large" combo of Smyth and Aaron Drinan up front. Smyth is a small guy but has terrific pace and from what I have seen of him is better in that role than on the wing, where some of the clubs he's been with have played him.

What a name LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:39pm
Interesting stuff from Peter Kioso today. He says he eligible for both countries options open Ireland or Congo. 👀

This lad has a high ceiling will be interesting to see does he break into Luton’s team this year after impressive loan spells last season. He is a right back mind Congo might be weaker in that department then us. https://t.co/dCZnvJeWAr

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Jul 2021 at 11:41pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:50am
So he doesn't state who he wants to play for. And should we bite first and ask him nicely if he'll play for us? I wouldn't like the tone of that from a better player...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:50am
He's just in the same boat as every other dual player in that regard really. Ogbene was the same, was very interested in playing for Nigeria but nobody minds now that he has been tied by us. If we don't call him up and DR Congo do then he'll obviously go with them. I haven't seen much of him playing so I have no idea whether he is someone we should be considering for a call up or not. Full back is not our strongest position in terms of emerging talent.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 8:36am

So he doesn't state who he wants to play for. And should we bite first and ask him nicely if he'll play for us? I wouldn't like the tone of that from a better player...

It's 2021, we have lots of kids in the same boat and will do in the future. Nationality is complicated, think it's ridiculous to just want to take players who pin their colours go the mast early, just to satisfy some fans. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It's 2021, we have lots of kids in the same boat and will do in the future. Nationality is complicated, think it's ridiculous to just want to take players who pin their colours go the mast early, just to satisfy some fans. 

Getting to the stage some lads will want Kenny to cap 16 and 17 year olds just because LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It is more the tone of what he is saying. He just seems to want to play international and doesn't care whom for. Maybe I just want more emotion and less fact when players discuss their international intentions. If Kioso had said "well I was born in Ireland so I have an affinity for Ireland and my parents are Congolese so I have an affinity for DR Congo so it would be great to represent either" I would have liked the quotes a little more. But that's just me. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Interesting stuff from Peter Kioso today. He says he eligible for both countries options open Ireland or Congo. 👀

This lad has a high ceiling will be interesting to see does he break into Luton’s team this year after impressive loan spells last season. He is a right back mind Congo might be weaker in that department then us. https://t.co/dCZnvJeWAr

Does he live in a house with big rooms, because I can't see how he'd have a high ceiling otherwise. The lads 8 months younger than Danny McNamara and I'd safely say McNamara will probably go on to have the better career already establishing himself as part of Millwall's first team.aaa
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Does he live in a house with big rooms, because I can't see how he'd have a high ceiling otherwise. The lads 8 months younger than Danny McNamara and I'd safely say McNamara will probably go on to have the better career already establishing himself as part of Millwall's first team.aaa

He was really impressive in loan spells and there is half a chance he will break into Luton’s first team this season. If not he will get a loan at a high rank League 1 club. 

I meant high ceiling in our context (a potential top flight footballer in the next 5-7 years). McNamara has certainly achieved more at this point in time agreed. Kioso has a similar profile to McNamara in that he is progressing relentlessly. McNamara in 19/20 was playing League 2 football also but both have the fact they made it look more effortless as they stepped up (McNamara at St Johnstone, Kioso at Northampton)

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Jul 2021 at 11:05am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:15pm
Costa Rican left-back Kristopher Quesada of Arsenal is in discussions with the FAI about playing for our U17's.

He has an Irish mother.

https://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1419211315458019328?s=20
https://twitter.com/KennysKihttps://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1419211315458019328?s=20http://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1419211315458019328?s=20ds/status/1419211315458019328?s=20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 364365366367368 450>
  Share Topic