Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 450>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:44pm
Id rather we could integrate cullen first. 
Sponsored Links

giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:56pm
Gallagher looks a very decent prospect. No harm at all in asking him. Would have to be a senior call up as he is already involved with the u21s.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:03pm
Going by the level of press he’s getting and the potential he has I don’t think we’ll be seeing him for a few years as no doubt will harbour England ambitions
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:16pm
Again, probably one that's been left a bit late. He's garnering quite a bit of attention now so any overtures from us would likely be matched by the English FA. I often wonder why it takes a great run of form and recommendations from someone like Gallen for the FAI to get their finger out of their h*le, Gallagher was obviously a good prospect even before this loan but it would appear he's never been approached to represent us at any level so far.
We're decent enough..
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
He's a very good prospect, now way will Ireland get him imp 
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:49pm
Kevin Gallens story is one that those pondering their international future should take note of....very interesting story and was put under pressure to go with England while his two brothers went with us.......I remember Nugent being eligible for us but while he went on to get full caps for England I don’t think he got many.
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:16pm
Any more on Johnston at Celtic ?
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Does he even still qualify? He's played u21 for Scotland and I'm getting confused what the rules are now because of the whole Ryan Johansson saga.

But anyway it's in no way likely he'll play for ireland.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Does he even still qualify? He's played u21 for Scotland and I'm getting confused what the rules are now because of the whole Ryan Johansson saga.

Yes? because of the same way Rice/Grealish qualify for the Brits, changing at U21 once only been with the one nation previosuly
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm
previously
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:04pm
as a first Time English poster can I just advice you that's it's the English  not 'brits'. I know you irish enjoy using that word but I hate it. I consider myself english only. There is no 'Brits' in football 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yes? because of the same way Rice/Grealish qualify for the Brits, changing at U21 once only been with the one nation previosuly

Yes but Rice and Grealish are english (that is where they were born) ...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
Seems that both ryan Johansson and Daniel crowley's eligibility issues are still ongoing and progressing 

Edited by Left foot - 09 Nov 2019 at 10:41pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:58pm
It means he knows as much as we do, f**k all. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

as a first Time English poster can I just advice you that's it's the English  not 'brits'. I know you irish enjoy using that word but I hate it. I consider myself english only. There is no 'Brits' in football 
We can use 'tans' if that is your preferred nomenclature. Olympics next year anyway so the Brits are back in force. I take it Farage has your vote in the bag for next month?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 11:38pm
Trevor Sinclair in the Irish Star today saying he would of loved to play for Ireland and thinks it would of been much better craic than playing for England, says hed love one of his sons to, his 18 year old is playing in the National league for Curzan Ashton and is getting rave reviews in his debut season, his name is Isaac. One to keep an eye on.

Looks to be a lot like his father a tricky winger, no harm learning his trade in mens football as opposed to the grave yard that is underage football in England.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 09 Nov 2019 at 11:40pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 11:53pm
ah yeh can’t have enough lads playing for Ireland for the craic. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 11:56pm
🤣 It sounds in the interview he genuinley would of loven to play for Ireland. His was brought up by his Irish mother and no father on the scene, said he was approached by big Jack before USA94 but had already appeared underage for England at that stage.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 09 Nov 2019 at 11:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 450>
  Share Topic