You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Fairly cynical stuff from Southgate. This is one of the main reasons I'm against our managers coming out and saying "I'm pursuing such and such a player". Firstly it allows the player to leverage the situation without necessarily having to come out into the open and do so (which is obviously preferable for them from an optics point of view); and secondly it encourages the other nation's manager to do something like this. I think we'd be far better served trying to keep these things under wraps until everything is signed off, insofar as possible.

Hardly cynical when he's already played for England in a friendly and the player has more or less said he's got no interest in playing for us ccv
Danger here, OH NO
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:12pm
Of course it's cynical; he's been nowhere near the squad for 2 years and suddenly he gets a call up when Ireland come looking for him. He's widely been mentioned as the "surprise inclusion", so its hardly as if his form has been so outstanding that everyone thought he would be called up anyway.

In any case, I'm not criticising Southgate; he's doing exactly what he should do - securing players who may be useful to him going forward. That is the exact opposite of what we do, which is either a)sit on our a*se until the situation is taken out of our control; or b)alert everyone to exactly who we're trying to get on board, thus inviting trouble on ourselves.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:16pm
Southgate is a f**king disgrace, he will be picking the England team next.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:21pm

Of course it's cynical; he's been nowhere near the squad for 2 years and suddenly he gets a call up when Ireland come looking for him. He's widely been mentioned as the "surprise inclusion", so its hardly as if his form has been so outstanding that everyone thought he would be called up anyway.

In any case, I'm not criticising Southgate; he's doing exactly what he should do - securing players who may be useful to him going forward. That is the exact opposite of what we do, which is either a)sit on our a*se until the situation is taken out of our control; or b)alert everyone to exactly who we're trying to get on board, thus inviting trouble on ourselves.
I agree. we must be proactive about like the welsh did ...and pragmatic or else we will end as sh*tty as the Scottish. we have this johnstone up to it and that connell as well....play them ....vs gibraltar i was against it but ENGLAND and the Big powerful football powerhouses showed US wrong and NAIVE

Edited by Gerry Geary - 16 May 2019 at 9:22pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

I agree. we must be proactive about like the welsh did ...and pragmatic or else we will end as sh*tty as the Scottish. we have this johnstone up to it and that connell as well....play them ....vs gibraltar i was against it but ENGLAND and the Big powerful football powerhouses showed US wrong and NAIVE
LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:00pm

What the f**k LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:33pm
Uh oh, watch it lads, Javier has re-discovered the caps lock key on his keyboard! NukeLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:36pm

Juan Foyth is of Irish heritage 

Makes sense now
His name sounds like a gypsy offering someone a fight 
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:40pm

LOL LOL 

I didn't know that Limmy had an Argentine equivalent. He's just as random and funny too. Clap

That's the thanks we get for giving you Alexander Watson Hutton and the extensive Brown family. Ouch

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 16 May 2019 at 10:41pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

LOL LOL 

I didn't know that Limmy had an Argentine equivalent. He's just as random and funny too. Clap

That's the thanks we get for giving you Alexander Watson Hutton and the extensive Brown family. Ouch
Hey tartan... Get into a tourney last time your thistle did it archie Gemill scored vs the Netherlands in bielsa's city

Edited by Gerry Geary - 16 May 2019 at 11:17pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:24pm

LOL LOL 

Hey tartan... Get into a tourney last time your thistle did it archie Gemill scored vs the Netherlands in bielsa's city

It has been a long time since we qualified, but for the record, the last time "our thistle did it" was not 1978 but 1998 with a neat Craig Burley shot against Norway. LOL

Btw I'm still waiting on you providing a source for Michael Johnstone's impending international switch. An ESPN Argentina webpage will do fine, I can always use Google translate Big smile
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:32pm
Ersatz Thistle 1, Javier 0 LOLClap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:42am
It was an off side goal though. Var didn't help . Wait for my Bielsa all out attack approach... Isnt that Cooper fellow who plays under Bielsa's.. A Scottish?

Edited by Gerry Geary - 17 May 2019 at 12:44am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:56am

It was an off side goal though. Var didn't help . Wait for my Bielsa all out attack approach... Isnt that Cooper fellow who plays under Bielsa's.. A Scottish?

Liam Cooper is a former youth international of ours but has never played for our senior team or even the U21s. His inconsistency has divided many fans on whether to call him up or not.

What's "A Scottish" is that a new biscuit or something ?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:06am
A Scottish is a person who can't play football and decided to ❤ tennis and Andy Murray. They invented golf and the "dulce de leche" !!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:55am

LOL LOL 

Limmy Heart
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:48am

A Scottish is a person who can't play football and decided to ❤ tennis and Andy Murray. They invented golf and the "dulce de leche" !!!

LOL

Oh Javier you little rascal, you!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:18am

LOL LOL LOL

With the exception of Andy Robertson, we might not be able to play football but in the past Scottish immigrants with gigantic moustaches have certainly taught certain South American nations how to play it Thumbs Up You are welcome.

The "dulce de leche" ? As far as I'm aware, we Scots have never invented any acrobatic anal sex positions.

Btw it looks like it was the Dutch who actually invented golf. 

All I have asked you to do mate was to provide a simple source that Johnstone is imminently going to switch international allegiance, strangely you find it impossible to do so. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 450>
  Share Topic