You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Are you telling me the FAI checked on him because he was called Sean and not Shaun?

Even if I could of told you he's as much Geordie as Greggs.

And its could have told you. Einstein.

There's only 1 grammar police allowed around here. 
You missed the apostrophe after the t in it's. PM would of had you for that.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Grinds my gears.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:26am

Are you telling me the FAI checked on him because he was called Sean and not Shaun?

Even if I could of told you he's as much Geordie as Greggs.

And its could have told you. Einstein.

There's only 1 grammar police allowed around here. 
You missed the apostrophe after the t in it's. PM would of had you for that.
I would have...
I'm terrified, intoxicated, starry eyed and bollock naked
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:10am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Ever heard of grandparents? LOL

If the Ma and Da are playing for GB there’s hardly any chance that the grandparents will be either Einstein

I've plenty of cousins with English parents and Irish grandparents 

I have English parents with Irish Grandparents and funnily enough I share the same name as the person we're talking about.

My parents had absolutely no interest with Ireland, a generation thing, moved on from the Irish links. 
So in his case there will possibly be a great granda with some affiliation but the granda would have had no interest which has been passed down to the Da representing GB into a sad devolution into a fully blooded Geordie.

Hence why I said in the second post in replying to PM tha it'd be 1 or 2 generations too late to be eligible. 

That makes absolutely no sense. You're essentially making an assumption that Longstaff couldn't have an Irish-born grandparent because his situation is (possibly) superficially similar to yours. Not exactly a scientific thought-process, is it?
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:36am

If the Ma and Da are playing for GB there’s hardly any chance that the grandparents will be either Einstein

Mark Kinsellas daughter represents England in athletics.

Yeah?

Source or link for this.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:38am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I've plenty of cousins with English parents and Irish grandparents 

I have English parents with Irish Grandparents and funnily enough I share the same name as the person we're talking about.

My parents had absolutely no interest with Ireland, a generation thing, moved on from the Irish links. 
So in his case there will possibly be a great granda with some affiliation but the granda would have had no interest which has been passed down to the Da representing GB into a sad devolution into a fully blooded Geordie.

Hence why I said in the second post in replying to PM tha it'd be 1 or 2 generations too late to be eligible. 

That makes absolutely no sense. You're essentially making an assumption that Longstaff couldn't have an Irish-born grandparent because his situation is (possibly) superficially similar to yours. Not exactly a scientific thought-process, is it?

Well he doesn’t have a Irish born grandparent does he so it’s not exactly wrong 
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:32pm
I'm sure he's been discussed on here but what is the story with Conor Coady, can re play for us?  I know he's played a decent level underage for England but maybe could be persuaded by Mick and TC!
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Borussia View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

I'm sure he's been discussed on here but what is the story with Conor Coady, can re play for us?  I know he's played a decent level underage for England but maybe could be persuaded by Mick and TC!

What's his connection to Ireland ?
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
Scouser with an Irish name, surely some connection? 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:05pm
Kin ell
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Grinds my gears.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:36pm
Agustin Creevy, plays rugby for Argentina. He has to be eligible.
I'm terrified, intoxicated, starry eyed and bollock naked
Howdo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Jason Byrne asked him when they were both guests on Soccer Am a few weeks ago, he said he has no Irish connection
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Kiwi James McGarry At willem 2 is eligible for us. In Europe off the back of an Irish passport. Father played internationally for NZ

According to Transfermarkt (not always reliable) James and John Murphy - with LAFC and NY Red Bull respectively - are both eligible. 

Great spot DD.  20 yo left back apparently likely to be starting for mid-table erddivisie side. 

Hopefully Mick and Kenny will take note and he'll be directly approached - and at least considered for a spot in the 21s.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:30pm
If he's starting in the Dutch League, you'd imagine he'll be called up by NZ ASAP. It'd be a tough one as we'd likely only be able to offer him U-21 football in an immediate sense.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207
  Share Topic