Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 450>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Players eligible for Ireland
    Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 10:13am
In response to the thread about players being born on the old sod that was active yesterday I was just wondering if any lads knew of players who were born abroad but able to play for Ireland? (away from England and Scotland)

There are Irish communities all over Europe at the minute and I know that the labourers who worked in Germany during the 1980s all ehhhh....claimed to have fun.

Half the lads that were in Poznan and Gdansk last year 'claim' that there may well be an Oisin or Conor Jedraszczyk popping into the world about three months ago.

I have lived in poland for a while now and if there is any sort of skill on the mots side and he becaomes a half decent player I know who he'd play for.

Sponsored Links

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 12:41pm
Does this happen to be Beal Feirstes very own Fintan from that famous Downview Dynasty ?

Edited by CSCD - 13 Jun 2013 at 12:41pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 12:56pm
Selcuk Tidim who has been in recent under 21 squads, German born to Turkish father plays for Fc Hansa Rostock in Germany
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:37pm
The famous Joey Lapira is still eligible LOL , US born and bred with an Irish Grandparent.
The NY RedBulls keeper US born Ryan Meara is still eligible too i think, he was called to the  U-21 s for a friendly but NY wouldnt release him as they had an important game coming up.
Barry Maguire - Utrecht midfielder is dutch born and bred with an Irish da.

Edited by CSCD - 13 Jun 2013 at 1:38pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

The famous Joey Lapira is still eligible LOL , US born and bred with an Irish Grandparent.
The NY RedBulls keeper US born Ryan Meara is still eligible too i think, he was called to the  U-21 s for a friendly but NY wouldnt release him as they had an important game coming up.
Lapira's mother is from Dublin.

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 13 Jun 2013 at 1:42pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Lapira's mother is from Dublin.

Lucky us. Big smile
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 2:17pm
Isn't their a lad in the German second division iswell?
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Isn't their a lad in the German second division iswell?

Patrick Kohlmann (Union Berlin)
Shamrock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 3:59pm
Ryan Meara has declared.

Edited by Shamrock - 14 Jun 2013 at 6:02am
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 5:35pm
Mark Langstadlinger Austrian lad played for Kremer FC - Austrian Father - Irish mother.

Wonder if he'll be in the ground in September?

"Me Daddy was a Blueshirt, my mother a Madam and my Brother earned his medals at My Lai in Vietnam'
mccarticus View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccarticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 5:40pm
Langstadlinger....terrible in FM!
There was a South African keeper eligible too, Luke Cann or somethin, again FM, kept rejecting my call ups
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....
UpTheRanch View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpTheRanch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:25pm
Jonny Steele (NY Red Bulls). From Larne but has yet to be called up by NI. Raised as a nationalist in a very unionist/loyalist area, I reckon if we called him up first he'd jump at the chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22263838 .. seems to be doing ok for himself in the US too, decent video about his time with NY Red Bulls so far at the side of the page on the link.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 11:41am

Does this happen to be Beal Feirstes very own Fintan from that famous Downview Dynasty ?

Yes it does, and who may this be?
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 11:53am
A goal and an assist in the game the BBC came over to see him. That's "When Saturday Comes' stuff.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 2:10pm

AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!!!

He's a netminder as well as a goalkeeper too!  You'd think the groundstaff would look after the nets in America, they must be very tight!

New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Ryan Meara has pledged his international allegiance to Ireland.

The Yonkers-born stopper will link up with Noel King's under-21 squad for the European Championship qualifier against Italy on June 4 and the friendly match with Denmark prior to that clash.

Meara, 21, qualifies for the Boys in Green through his grandparents and has established himself as NYRB's number one goalkeeper since the retirement of Frank Rost at the end of the 2011 MLS season.

A second-round draft choice, Meara has performed above expectations for the Bulls, beating off the competition of expected first-choice Jeremy Vuolo for the gloves.

The 6'4 netminder kept his first clean sheet of the campaign during New York's 1-0 win against New England Revolution at the weekend.

Meara will compete with MK Dons goalkeeper Ian McLoughlin for the starting shirt in Ireland's goal.

King's side are currently placed third in qualification Group 7 behind the Italians and Turkey ahead of the 2013 UEFA Under-21 European Championship in Israel.

The U21 coach told the Irish Independent: "He's coming over for the games at the end of the month. We play Denmark in a friendly before the Italy match and we'll have a good look at him then."
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Long Shot View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 4:25pm
Did he turn up?
Seeing as we are now june 14th

Edited by Long Shot - 14 Jun 2013 at 4:25pm
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Long Shot Long Shot wrote:

Did he turn up?
Seeing as we are now june 14th

June 14th a year on frig sake LOL
mccarticus View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccarticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 8:54pm
Just seen this, anyone know anything about him?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_O%27Neill_(soccer)
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 450>
  Share Topic