You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 450>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Some Peter Kioso highlights:

Looks like a tall, rangy fella but good movement and looks tough to play against. Would be good to have him in the summer training camp

saw him play for Luton in the league cup fixture against United and i thought he was impressive.  If he is wavering about playing for DR Congo it would be a worthwhile trying to include him for June all right.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
William Hondermarck makes his first start of the season for Harrogate, 4 months after joining from Norwich on loan.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:04pm
Was curious to see that Josh Martin the other teenage attacker in and around Norwich’s squad/coming off the bench for them is eligible to represent Ireland as well. I wasn’t aware of this myself maybe others were. Mentions it here. 

I suspect he will definitely go out on loan next season.   

Edited by kevin100 - 08 May 2021 at 5:04pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:16pm
Josh Martin came up last year when he played a small amount of EPL. So far he has made no approach to us, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did in future. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Josh Martin came up last year when he played a small amount of EPL. So far he has made no approach to us, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did in future. 

With the competition for England and Portugal I would suspect and hope you might be right especially if he shows promise. Think he will definitely be on loan next season so one to keep an eye on. Cant have enough young attackers with potential to develop into decent footballers in the next few years considering our plight.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:41pm
Good spot.
Be interesting to see what new names appear in these upcoming U19 ad U21 camps.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Good spot.
Be interesting to see what new names appear in these upcoming U19 ad U21 camps.

I don’t think he will be appearing in them/for Ireland in the next 12 months even but he’s definitely one to keep in mind and watch. He’s well aware of his connections anyways which hints the notion certainly hasn’t passed him by “all options open”.

He’s hardly going to be making England or Portugal senior squads either anytime soon so worth keeping an eye out on.  

Edited by kevin100 - 08 May 2021 at 8:28pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:59pm
Re Mark Sykes, it is curious that for one who insists he was always so keen to represent ROI, Sykes never actually got round to making a call to anyone at Abbotstown himself to let them know.

For he has finally revealed that it took a call from Ruaidhrí Higgins to set the process in motion, not the other way round.

And this call came on the eve of Ian Baraclough's first game in charge of NI's seniors when, knowing Sykes from the U-21's, Bara was going to call him up.

A bit like James McClean happily accepting a call up for a senior NI competitive game which would have tied him, only Niall Quinn got onto him at the last minute.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:03pm
Cry
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Re Mark Sykes, it is curious that for one who insists he was always so keen to represent ROI, Sykes never actually got round to making a call to anyone at Abbotstown himself to let them know.

For he has finally revealed that it took a call from Ruaidhrí Higgins to set the process in motion, not the other way round.

And this call came on the eve of Ian Baraclough's first game in charge of NI's seniors when, knowing Sykes from the U-21's, Bara was going to call him up.

A bit like James McClean happily accepting a call up for a senior NI competitive game which would have tied him, only Niall Quinn got onto him at the last minute.

Not all players are as clued up on the intricacies of international eligibility as we are.

But, given that you're telling us that he turned down the guarantee of an NI call up for only the possibility of an Ireland call up at some point down the line, it's easy enough to see where his allegiances lay.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 6:28pm

Great story but you left out the funniest part, he might not ever be selected by us.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:03pm

Not all players are as clued up on the intricacies of international eligibility as we are.

"Clued up"?

Are you saying he didn't knoiw he was eligible?

Or that he coulldn't have asked one of the ROI players at Oxford for a phone number for someone at the FAI?

Or Karl Robinson?

Jeez, that would be Shane Duffy-level idiocy LOL

Edited by Territorial - 09 May 2021 at 8:04pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:09pm

Jeez. What did mark Sykes do to push your buttons today!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 8:17pm

"Clued up"?

Are you saying he didn't knoiw he was eligible?

Or that he coulldn't have asked one of the ROI players at Oxford for a phone number for someone at the FAI?

Or Karl Robinson?

Jeez, that would be Shane Duffy-level idiocy LOL

Funnily enough that's not what I meant at all.

EastcoastUSA View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastcoastUSA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 1:20am
So Will Keane scores 2 today for Wigan and has had a really good run since Xmas playing in a very poor team. If he remains injury free for an extended period, which he has never managed in his career to date I think he potentially could be a very effective forward. He is big mobile and his hold up play is excellent. He has never been prolific in front of goal but his general forward play is very good. 
It’s a big if that he will remain injury free tho. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:44am

That's even worse than throwing molotov cocktails at buses, rioting, and attacking policemen. What a horrible scrote he must be. I hope we don't call him up out of principle. I don't want people like that playing for us. You lot can have him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That's even worse than throwing molotov cocktails at buses, rioting, and attacking policemen. What a horrible scrote he must be. I hope we don't call him up out of principle. I don't want people like that playing for us. You lot can have him.

Who did this?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Who did this?

I'm saying there are better outlets for someone to channel their moral outrage towards than a random League 1 footballer, especially with the family background that Mark Sykes has.

I doubt there are French people going on a Moroccan forum whining about Manuel Da Costa declaring for Morocco, or Brazilian people going on a Germany forum complaining about Cacau playing for Germany.

It's deviant behaviour and if ROI fans were going on OWC serially complaining about the IFA's actions in regards to Jimmy Dunne, Michael O'Connor or Alex Bruce, then I'm not surprised they're selective about who they allow to post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 450>
  Share Topic