You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 451>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He should look at Sean Morrison also. 

Don't think it's been brought up before.
LOL

Would do a cracking Job playing alongside Jon Flanagan. 
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Joe Hodge id another with HUGE potential that needs to be tied down

Capping him and Smallbone early should be a priority for Kenny.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

100% this, and I'd be confident SK will have his finger on the pulse.
So important we get the NL games in this year, or ASAP.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

NL should be an exercise in looking at the age profile of our players and taking short term hits.
The Whelan's of this world can float off into the sunset and any players over 27-28 who aren't integral
llike Collins,Hogan and championship players with low ceilings should not receive call ups anymore under any circumstances.

Having Idah+ Parrott in the squad over Collins etc. Molumby,Smallbone,Hodge Knight etc in over Brownes and Judges and people like Will Keane should be told to do one. That will help our lads raise their profile at their clubs too getting international caps early etc

I think Kenny is cute that way and he has intimated he would cap people very early so I am very hopeful about this. In 5 years our pool will be 10 times healthier than even a year ago. No more free caps for people like Rice and no drama. If a guy doesn't accept a call up he should be discarded permanently and have some f****n pride. If you make it difficult to get Ireland caps people will respect it more.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:36pm

Ground hog day here again. Can we just recycle the posts from previous managerial changes and replace managers name with 'new manager' and players names with 'decent prospect'? 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Ground hog day here again. Can we just recycle the posts from previous managerial changes and replace managers name with 'new manager' and players names with 'decent prospect'? 

Yes agreed we should just remove all posts containing anything about current football events. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:33am
You missed my point completely Nialler. 

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 12:55am

I thought you were one of those lads who comes in and moans constantly about peoples posts,
there are a 2 or 3 of those on the forum who ironically just write the same crap over and over. Fair enough if I missed the point. I'll retract :) 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:17am

I thought you were one of those lads who comes in and moans constantly about peoples posts,
there are a 2 or 3 of those on the forum who ironically just write the same crap over and over. Fair enough if I missed the point. I'll retract :) 

No, not much of a moaner, but having like most on here, seen enough managers come and go, it is remarkable how similar the posts are each time. Looking forward to the new era and enjoying the optimism at the moment. 
One thing I will start moaning about is if we don't give Kenny enough time. He needs two if not three campaigns in the job. 

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 10:02pm
Kenny with his 'if u dont want to play for us then feck off' mentality about Granny rule players 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Kenny with his 'if u dont want to play for us then feck off' mentality about Granny rule players 

He didn’t say that...he basically said he won’t be asking people twice if they want to play for us.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

He didn’t say that...he basically said he won’t be asking people twice if they want to play for us.
Proper order.Clap
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 11:36pm
Didn't Kenny say he thinks Grealish and Rice would still be with us if he'd been manager? I take that to suggest he won't be averse to calling up English born players either.
We're decent enough..
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didn't Kenny say he thinks Grealish and Rice would still be with us if he'd been manager? I take that to suggest he won't be averse to calling up English born players either.

He just said that the granny rule is important  to us and he’ll use it...he just won’t be wasting his time chasing the likes of bamford (or be waiting on them more so) or asking lads twice to play for us,it’s in his interviews in yesterday’s Indo.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:04am

Will you throw up that quote that Stephen said the traitors would be still with us like a good lad.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Proper order.Clap

Exactly proper order. Ask them once and once only.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 1:20am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Will you throw up that quote that Stephen said the traitors would be still with us like a good lad.

No, go find it yourself. He said it around the time he got the U-21's job, basically echoing what we've all been saying for a long time that we're far too slow to identify and integrate young talented players, and that he would have fast tracked the likes of Grealish and Rice into the senior squad.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 1:57am
Funny people want to spin this one as “Kenny tells Brits to
f**k off”. He has a pretty nuanced view on nationality and eligibility, but has quite rightly said that it’s not his job to convince players to play for ireland. 

This might make some heads spin: “Jack Grealish played Gaelic football for Warwickshire all the way up in England. He did feel a sense of Irishness,” he said.

“People feel English and Irish or Nigerian and Irish or whatever it is. I understand that. We can’t be naive, it’s not always black or white.”

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 275276277278279 451>
  Share Topic