You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Players eligible for Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Players eligible for Ireland

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 275>
Author
Message
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Online
Points: 2273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Also, I think lukas jutkiewitz would be a decent addition.

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

No word on grant, but you’d have to assume the FAI has enquired.

Where has that rumour even come from? I've seen it repeated a few times, bit it's never been stated anywhere officially AFAIK. It seems to be a case one non-source fuelling others.
jutkiewitz has an Irish grandmother. He spoke about it


I know he does, I mean where has the rumour that he can't substantiate he Irish connection come from. I've never seen those words uttered by either Jutkiewicz or the FAI.

Took a look for the source there, but can’t find anything. I definitely heard it from an FAI bod on Twitter (maybe Mark Scanlon?) so I’ll look for the tweet when I’m logged in. 

That quote from Jutkiewicz would certainly indicate that he’s not 100% sure if the connection is legitimate re: his grandmothers place of birth. If the player himself can’t be sure, then there is little for the FAI to go on. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 6669
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:49am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Also, I think lukas jutkiewitz would be a decent addition.

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

No word on grant, but you’d have to assume the FAI has enquired.

Where has that rumour even come from? I've seen it repeated a few times, bit it's never been stated anywhere officially AFAIK. It seems to be a case one non-source fuelling others.
jutkiewitz has an Irish grandmother. He spoke about it


I know he does, I mean where has the rumour that he can't substantiate he Irish connection come from. I've never seen those words uttered by either Jutkiewicz or the FAI.

Took a look for the source there, but can’t find anything. I definitely heard it from an FAI bod on Twitter (maybe Mark Scanlon?) so I’ll look for the tweet when I’m logged in. 

That quote from Jutkiewicz would certainly indicate that he’s not 100% sure if the connection is legitimate re: his grandmothers place of birth. If the player himself can’t be sure, then there is little for the FAI to go on. 

Even if he's not sure if she was born there, the fact he refers to her as "Irish" suggests her residence her would have been long enough to naturalise her, and thus entitle him to citizenship. In any case, that's not my concern; I'm simply wondering if there's ever been anything official that he can't prove his eligibility, or if it's just idle speculation.
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2011
Location: Rome 1990
Status: Offline
Points: 818
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:00am
He’s absolute horsesh*te anyways so I wouldn’t be too worried about him
Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Online
Points: 2273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

He’s absolute horsesh*te anyways so I wouldn’t be too worried about him

I’d say that’s the biggest reason there hasn’t been an official press release from the FAI on his lack of prove-able eligibility 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
Conan View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

[QUOTE=The O'Shea][QUOTE=DeclanDaly][QUOTE=Citizen]anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Also, I think lukas jutkiewitz would be a decent addition.

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

No word on grant, but you’d have to assume the FAI has enquired.

 

Even if he's not sure if she was born there, the fact he refers to her as "Irish" suggests her residence her would have been long enough to naturalise her, and thus entitle him to citizenship. In any case, that's not my concern; I'm simply wondering if there's ever been anything official that he can't prove his eligibility, or if it's just idle speculation.
This is the idle speculation speculation thread is it not? Suggesting any footballer in the world is not Irish qualified could be considered idle speculation if there is not definitive proof they aren't but circumstantial evidence would suggest the vast majority of them are not. Won't stop most of their names coming up in this thread sooner or later though.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 39970
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:18pm
Given that we have needed another target man since Murphy retired and he has gone through a few periods of form since then, I think it is fair to assume that he would have been in the picture had he been able to prove eligibility.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Spouter of Utter Nonsense

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 6669
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

[QUOTE=The O'Shea][QUOTE=DeclanDaly][QUOTE=Citizen]anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Also, I think lukas jutkiewitz would be a decent addition.

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

No word on grant, but you’d have to assume the FAI has enquired.

 

Even if he's not sure if she was born there, the fact he refers to her as "Irish" suggests her residence her would have been long enough to naturalise her, and thus entitle him to citizenship. In any case, that's not my concern; I'm simply wondering if there's ever been anything official that he can't prove his eligibility, or if it's just idle speculation.
This is the idle speculation speculation thread is it not? Suggesting any footballer in the world is not Irish qualified could be considered idle speculation if there is not definitive proof they aren't but circumstantial evidence would suggest the vast majority of them are not. Won't stop most of their names coming up in this thread sooner or later though.

I've no issue with idle speculation, I'd just like to see it acknowledged as such rather than passed off as fact, if that is indeed what it is. 

On an aside,  you really need to calm yourself. You seem to take everything as an attack when all I'm doing is posing a fairly simple question; has there ever been any formal acknowledgement of Jutkiewicz inability to prove his eligibility or not? That should be a rudimentary yes or no answer, but as per usual you've taken it as an opportunity to launch into a rambling rant against me.
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 170
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

He’s absolute horsesh*te anyways so I wouldn’t be too worried about him

We've recruited worse than him & are picking worse than him, in Keane and O'Brien. 
Back to Top
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Points: 2461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 2:53pm
Bamford always seemed like a little bitch to me and today confirmed it.  Stephen Ireland 2.0 if he comes in.
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 39970
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Bamford always seemed like a little bitch to me and today confirmed it.  Stephen Ireland 2.0 if he comes in.
Bamford should get a couple of game ban for that. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 2274
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
Only watched the first half. What happened with Bamford?
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 39970
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Only watched the first half. What happened with Bamford?


I didn't see any of the game myself, I just saw this elsewhere.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Online
Points: 2273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:33pm
Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 39970
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
And I thought I was obsessed with the British caste, I mean class, system!LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Conan View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
I always thought Simon Geoghegan sounded and looked like the archetypal British toff, but then that's Rugby so maybe more appropriate
Back to Top
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Boston, USA
Status: Online
Points: 2273
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
And I thought I was obsessed with the British caste, I mean class, system!LOL

I actually think he’s a quality player, but I can’t shake the thought that he probably grew up with a massive garden and a full size goal and training mannequins.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 39970
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
And I thought I was obsessed with the British caste, I mean class, system!LOL

I actually think he’s a quality player, but I can’t shake the thought that he probably grew up with a massive garden and a full size goal and training mannequins.
He isn't that posh.LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1047
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
And I thought I was obsessed with the British caste, I mean class, system!LOL

I actually think he’s a quality player, but I can’t shake the thought that he probably grew up with a massive garden and a full size goal and training mannequins.

Himself and Mcclean will get on well 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 275>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.