You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 450>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:34am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Also, I think lukas jutkiewitz would be a decent addition.

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

No word on grant, but you’d have to assume the FAI has enquired.

Where has that rumour even come from? I've seen it repeated a few times, bit it's never been stated anywhere officially AFAIK. It seems to be a case one non-source fuelling others.
jutkiewitz has an Irish grandmother. He spoke about it

I know he does, I mean where has the rumour that he can't substantiate he Irish connection come from. I've never seen those words uttered by either Jutkiewicz or the FAI.

Took a look for the source there, but can’t find anything. I definitely heard it from an FAI bod on Twitter (maybe Mark Scanlon?) so I’ll look for the tweet when I’m logged in. 

That quote from Jutkiewicz would certainly indicate that he’s not 100% sure if the connection is legitimate re: his grandmothers place of birth. If the player himself can’t be sure, then there is little for the FAI to go on. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:49am

anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Jutkiewitz has never been able to prove his eligibility, despite trying, so he’s a non-starter. 

Where has that rumour even come from? I've seen it repeated a few times, bit it's never been stated anywhere officially AFAIK. It seems to be a case one non-source fuelling others.
jutkiewitz has an Irish grandmother. He spoke about it

I know he does, I mean where has the rumour that he can't substantiate he Irish connection come from. I've never seen those words uttered by either Jutkiewicz or the FAI.

Took a look for the source there, but can’t find anything. I definitely heard it from an FAI bod on Twitter (maybe Mark Scanlon?) so I’ll look for the tweet when I’m logged in. 

That quote from Jutkiewicz would certainly indicate that he’s not 100% sure if the connection is legitimate re: his grandmothers place of birth. If the player himself can’t be sure, then there is little for the FAI to go on. 

Even if he's not sure if she was born there, the fact he refers to her as "Irish" suggests her residence her would have been long enough to naturalise her, and thus entitle him to citizenship. In any case, that's not my concern; I'm simply wondering if there's ever been anything official that he can't prove his eligibility, or if it's just idle speculation.
We're decent enough..
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:00am
He’s absolute horsesh*te anyways so I wouldn’t be too worried about him
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I’d say that’s the biggest reason there hasn’t been an official press release from the FAI on his lack of prove-able eligibility 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:47pm

[QUOTE=The O'Shea][QUOTE=DeclanDaly][QUOTE=Citizen]anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

Even if he's not sure if she was born there, the fact he refers to her as "Irish" suggests her residence her would have been long enough to naturalise her, and thus entitle him to citizenship. In any case, that's not my concern; I'm simply wondering if there's ever been anything official that he can't prove his eligibility, or if it's just idle speculation.
This is the idle speculation speculation thread is it not? Suggesting any footballer in the world is not Irish qualified could be considered idle speculation if there is not definitive proof they aren't but circumstantial evidence would suggest the vast majority of them are not. Won't stop most of their names coming up in this thread sooner or later though.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 1:18pm
Given that we have needed another target man since Murphy retired and he has gone through a few periods of form since then, I think it is fair to assume that he would have been in the picture had he been able to prove eligibility.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

[QUOTE=The O'Shea][QUOTE=DeclanDaly][QUOTE=Citizen]anyone know if Karlan grant-ahearne is eligible?

This is the idle speculation speculation thread is it not? Suggesting any footballer in the world is not Irish qualified could be considered idle speculation if there is not definitive proof they aren't but circumstantial evidence would suggest the vast majority of them are not. Won't stop most of their names coming up in this thread sooner or later though.

I've no issue with idle speculation, I'd just like to see it acknowledged as such rather than passed off as fact, if that is indeed what it is. 

On an aside,  you really need to calm yourself. You seem to take everything as an attack when all I'm doing is posing a fairly simple question; has there ever been any formal acknowledgement of Jutkiewicz inability to prove his eligibility or not? That should be a rudimentary yes or no answer, but as per usual you've taken it as an opportunity to launch into a rambling rant against me.
We're decent enough..
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

We've recruited worse than him & are picking worse than him, in Keane and O'Brien. 
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 2:53pm
Bamford always seemed like a little bitch to me and today confirmed it.  Stephen Ireland 2.0 if he comes in.
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Bamford always seemed like a little bitch to me and today confirmed it.  Stephen Ireland 2.0 if he comes in.
Bamford should get a couple of game ban for that. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
Only watched the first half. What happened with Bamford?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Only watched the first half. What happened with Bamford?

I didn't see any of the game myself, I just saw this elsewhere.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:33pm
Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm

Bamford is just not an Ireland player. This confirms it. He has public school hair.
And I thought I was obsessed with the British caste, I mean class, system!LOL
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
I always thought Simon Geoghegan sounded and looked like the archetypal British toff, but then that's Rugby so maybe more appropriate
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I actually think he’s a quality player, but I can’t shake the thought that he probably grew up with a massive garden and a full size goal and training mannequins.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:13pm

I actually think he’s a quality player, but I can’t shake the thought that he probably grew up with a massive garden and a full size goal and training mannequins.
He isn't that posh.LOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm

Himself and Mcclean will get on well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 450>
  Share Topic