You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 452>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:40pm
ya I know he had alot of attitude problems when he younger and from  what i heard jack wilshere was a big and bad influence on him at aresnal ,in fairness to the lad he seems to have grown up abit and with our current lack of creative players and goals,surely its worth a gamble ,especially when the boy wants to play for us .
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:02pm
Obafemi has pics of him in Ireland gear at training on Instagram, Rice liked it while Armstrong Okoflex commented on it, not a bad sign.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Obafemi has pics of him in Ireland gear at training on Instagram, Rice liked it while Armstrong Okoflex commented on it, not a bad sign.
These posts are my new favorite thing on ybig LOLClap
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:39pm
I think Crowley should be in around the squad. Creative. ball playing midfielders is what we are screaming out for. 
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

hahahahaha yeah mine too LOL A Scottish mate of mine recently changed his FB profile pic to him in his full tartan army gear...I liked it...therefore I am obviously about to pledge my future support to Scotland

Edited by DangerHere - 12 Nov 2018 at 2:42pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:43pm
Can you someone tell me about Okoflex?
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I think Crowley should be in around the squad. Creative. ball playing midfielders is what we are screaming out for. 

For sure. I see nothing wrong with calling him up. If he gets a chance and shows that he is good enough then we have got ourselves a good player. If he is not up to it then we move on. At least give him a chance to prove it either or.
The only way is up
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

hahahahaha yeah mine too LOL A Scottish mate of mine recently changed his FB profile pic to him in his full tartan army gear...I liked it...therefore I am obviously about to pledge my future support to Scotland

Was it something Roy said?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:50pm
Okoflex I think was born in Ireland very light skinned so maybe a mix of Irish/English and Nigerian . He played for Kevins and moved over to Englsand around 12 or 13. Played for both Ireland and England underage but neither competitively. Was with Arsenal now Celtic and dosent really seem to be getting games at England u17 . Only played 1 in there last 6.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 12 Nov 2018 at 2:51pm
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Interesting that this blog post mentions Jack Kiersey at Everton and Liam Coyle at Liverpool as eligible. Both considered good prospects.

Is Liam Coyle any relation to the former norn iron international?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Okoflex I think was born in Ireland very light skinned so maybe a mix of Irish/English and Nigerian . He played for Kevins and moved over to Englsand around 12 or 13. Played for both Ireland and England underage but neither competitively. Was with Arsenal now Celtic and dosent really seem to be getting games at England u17 . Only played 1 in there last 6.

Okoflex is not eligible for England's under 17s which is why he has not played a competitive game.

He's sixteen. You need to be in a country five years to qualify for residency.

He has now moved to Scotland and will not gain the other year or two that he would need to qualify for the Brits.

He is ours to lose.

Edited by Maccatacca - 12 Nov 2018 at 3:13pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Okoflex is not eligible for England's under 17s which is why he has not played a competitive game.

He has now moved to Scotland and will not gain the other year or two that he would need to qualify for the Brits.

He is ours to lose.

Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:19pm
Mentioned before here about Liam Coyle being eligible! I know his cousins who lived on the next street to me in Manchester, They're Grandfather is from up the north somewhere.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:32pm

He is ours to lose.

Strange that as he played for England 17s last month against Russia.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 12 Nov 2018 at 3:32pm
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:34pm

He is ours to lose.
Isn't it all the same, considering he would get a British passport either way? Or does residency apply to the specific country rather than the UK as a whole?

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:40pm

He is ours to lose.

Strange that as he played for England 17s last month against Russia.

The Brits are up to something dodgy with him.

Someone on foot.ie broke it down completely recently enough, and unless Okoflex has an English granny somewhere that we don't know about, he isn't eligible through residency.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
Basic maths lads.... Jaysus.

He moved to Arsenal on 1st July 2013. 5 year residency rule which means he's been eligible to play for England from July 1st 2018, hence why he played for the underage team last month.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:33pm
I'm pretty sure that Crowly has started the process to transfer back to us but it takes a few months. He should be eligble by March 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 452>
  Share Topic