You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 452>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:36pm
No Paul Smyth in the Nordies squad for Nations League. I would love to see the meltdown if we have some how pulled a fast one. 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:38pm
Gavin Whyte scored for Oxford the other night. Signed from Crusaders in the summer. From a nationalist area in Belfast.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

No Paul Smyth in the Nordies squad for Nations League. I would love to see the meltdown if we have some how pulled a fast one. 

One start this season for a desperately poor QPR side and the fact that their under-21s have an important game are probably more likely reasons for his omission. MON isn't going to jeopardise his 'Norn Iron legend' status by nicking a player who has already won senior caps for the team he played for and captained. Whyte has also been omitted, I guess for similar reasons.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 1:16pm
Smyth is on standby 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

One start this season for a desperately poor QPR side and the fact that their under-21s have an important game are probably more likely reasons for his omission. MON isn't going to jeopardise his 'Norn Iron legend' status by nicking a player who has already won senior caps for the team he played for and captained. Whyte has also been omitted, I guess for similar reasons.
That might say more about Shteve than Smyth! He seems totally out of his depth there. Look at Ryan Manning!
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:59pm
I honestly don't how he keeps getting jobs. Must make amazing PowerPoint presentations. QPR weren't great last season under Holloway but at least they were competitive, finishing 16th and a reasonably comfortable ten points above the drop zone. This season they look f**king hopeless.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 23 Aug 2018 at 3:01pm
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:59pm
I’ve been very impressed with James Maddison’s start to the season with Leicester. This article seems to suggest he may be eligible for Ireland. It seems unlikely he would choose Ireland over England, but does anyone know how he might be eligible? If he was, I would move mountains to find out if there is any interest.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:15pm
Heard a few years ago that he was eligible, not sure how.
I could be wrong, but think I also read at the time that he wanted to stick with England?
I could see him getting capped by England very soon anyway.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:24pm
Apparently he has no interest.I think he qualifies through a grandparent. It is a shame he has no interest as he is class. He would have been capped since he was at Aberdeen, probably have thirty caps by now!
Bainneban View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bainneban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm
Great player but maybe not such a great guy by all accounts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/22/premier-league-footballer-boasted-7k-a-week-salary-friend-attacked/
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:31pm
Footballer in being a **** shocker!
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
Peacock-Farrell starts for the Nordies. Wales Scotland and the North are caping English born players left right and centre.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:09pm
England also contacted BPF, the difference is that that he (like Brooks, Ampadu, McTominay etc) turned them down.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

England also contacted BPF, the difference is that that he (like Brooks, Ampadu, McTominay etc) turned them down.

Amazing how they can keep them but all of ours jump when given the chance.
The only way is up
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:57pm
The willingness to give them an almost instantaneous place in the starting 11 is probably a factor; I can't imagine that fellas of Welsh/Scottish/NI descent are more predisposed to feeling an affinity to their ancestral home than guys of Irish descent...
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:18pm
That's a fair point. MON is way too conservative and cautious a coach with uncapped players.....the other nations just seem to say 'To hell with it, let's just play them and see what happens'. Looking at Wales giving competitive caps to two 17 year olds in the last year.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:23pm
It's painful looking at Ampadu in particular when his dad played for us. He is English, only playing for Wales because his mother is Welsh and the Welsh FA seemed to be the most proactive in recruiting him.

He iis going to be a superstar and we will probably have to look at him playing international football for Wales for the next 18 years or so
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

It's painful looking at Ampadu in particular when his dad played for us. He is English, only playing for Wales because his mother is Welsh and the Welsh FA seemed to be the most proactive in recruiting him.

He iis going to be a superstar and we will probably have to look at him playing international football for Wales for the next 18 years or so

Ampadu, Grealish, Keane, Rice (possibly)..Awful losses
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 452>
  Share Topic