You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 452>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHanno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:38pm
Callum Robinson could be a very useful addition to the squad and given that he's only 23, he's coming on board at an age where he should continue to improve.
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:59pm
No. He's an Irish citizen with an Irish passport anyway (both parents born in Ireland), so no need for a work permit - free to work in EU.

He's previously said he was open to representing both:  “It’d be a terribly tough decision if that was the case, even if one country was to reach out I’d take it with both hands that’s for sure.”

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:06pm
The other Aussie-Irish O'Neill is 19 year old Aidan O'Neill on Burnley's books.  Been on the bench and played for them a few times and now on loan to Fleetwood Town. Has played for Oz U23s tho.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:42pm
No disrespect to the lad, and I’ve never seen him play, but are we really gone that bad that we’re picking players who Australia don’t think are good enough for them?

Tim Cahill still gets a game for them ffs. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:03pm
I agree we probably generally have better players than them.

However, we're in transition now, so can afford to include some players on a developmental basis.  They're gearing up for a world cup in six weeks, so need to be focusing on their main players and getting ready for the competition.  So, probably different priorities for both countries at this moment in time. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

However, we're in transition now, so can afford to include some players on a developmental basis.  They're gearing up for a world cup in six weeks, so need to be focusing on their main players and getting ready for the competition.  So, probably different priorities for both countries at this moment in time. 

Agree but they’ll probably give Denmark a much better game than we did.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Robinson is a no-brainer, O’Neill would be interesting.

O’Neill watched Shamrock Rovers v Cork City last week. Would like to know what he thinks of Graeme Burke, Aaron Bolger etc.

Yeah Robinson is a definite player we should have a look at as he is exactly what we are lacking. No idea how good O'Neill is or the standard he plays at. Don't think Burke will ever be an international level footballer, drifts in and out of games too much and also liable to do something stupid, lovely footballer to watch though and would love a player similar to him in the Ireland team some day!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:54am
Originally posted by AlanHanno AlanHanno wrote:

Callum Robinson could be a very useful addition to the squad and given that he's only 23, he's coming on board at an age where he should continue to improve.

CR is certainly worth major consideration and from past quotes from the player himself he is interested in playing for Ireland.    
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:03pm
JOE GORMLEY
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:26pm
Antonee Robinson of Everton is apparently eligible, but he's already been in a US squad. We've missed out on quite a few to the US; Kristian Scott, Lynden Gooch, Shane O'Neill, Carter-Vickers, and now Robinson. We don't seem to be as quick off the mark with them for whatever reason.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Antonee Robinson of Everton is apparently eligible, but he's already been in a US squad. We've missed out on quite a few to the US; Kristian Scott, Lynden Gooch, Shane O'Neill, Carter-Vickers, and now Robinson. We don't seem to be as quick off the mark with them for whatever reason.

What a name LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

JOE GORMLEY

A failed Peterborough and St.Johnstone striker? No thanks.
We're decent enough..
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Agree but they’ll probably give Denmark a much better game than we did.

you think so..?

Come on Irelind
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:16pm

JOE GORMLEY

Work with him, lovely fella. Injury ruined him and told me himself he didn’t enjoy professional football. Liked it up at St Johnstone but had no choice to stay and didn’t wanna go back to Peterborough. Scores for fun for Cliftonville tbf. 
Macavelli1975 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macavelli1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:51pm
I seen Martin O Neill at Rovers v Cork City last Monday. He's gotta be looking at Graham Burke. What a talent left and right feet player. Can score from 30 yards with both. He's quality and is worth a try with the international team. Let's be honest there's not players queuing up with talent either side of the pond.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:04pm
Burke is talented, but I would be sceptical as to whether he has the pace to make an impact on the international stage. He's not so outstanding that he can make up for that lack of athleticism IMO.
We're decent enough..
Macavelli1975 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macavelli1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:09pm
He's certainly not slow. Oozing talent he's worth a go. Play him in 1 half in a friendly and you will see his talent. He stands out a mile
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

JOE GORMLEY

Work with him, lovely fella. Injury ruined him and told me himself he didn’t enjoy professional football. Liked it up at St Johnstone but had no choice to stay and didn’t wanna go back to Peterborough. Scores for fun for Cliftonville tbf. 

What does he work at may I ask
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 452>
  Share Topic