You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 450>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:18am
So the DUP are saying the FAI must respect the boundry lines when it comes to picking players. Enough is enough now lets stop pussy footing around the issue,we need to start activley persusing every eligable player that is intrested north of the border.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:21am
The DUP can f**k right off.

It's because of narrow minded Northerners that we have two teams on this island

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Mar 2018 at 8:24am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Exactly newstalk are talking about this in about five mins they are previewing the Turkey game now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:13am

I hope the DUP continue to get involved. It will only encourage more people from the six counties to play for their country, as well as being hilarious.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

So the DUP are saying the FAI must respect the boundry lines when it comes to picking players. Enough is enough now lets stop pussy footing around the issue,we need to start activley persusing every eligable player that is intrested north of the border.

The DUP are playing to the gallery. After Michael O'Neil's comments last week many NI fans rowed in behind his claims. The DUP of course saw this and now have given their tuppence worth. They can get f**ked as they can with most things.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:19am
Noel King for all the bad mouthing he gets on here summed it up perfectly

"I'm not a politician and I don't think sport belongs in the political arena," said King after two Belfast natives, Rory and Ronan Hale, scored in his side's 3-1 win over Iceland last night.

"I'm a football manager, coach, selector if you want to use the GAA term.

"The boys who played are delighted to be representing Ireland, it's their choice. how many times to I have to say this?

"That's beautiful tonight, two boys from Belfast who want to play for us, are dying to play for us, have played and scored. It's what football is," added King.

"I am playing with the rules of FIFA. If somebody feels they have the right to take the players' right to choose, there is a big question mark over that.

"It's the player's choice, the family's choice and the most important thing is he is good enough to be picked, whether for Northern Ireland or the south."

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:50pm

Don't have time for any extended posts just now, but I couldn't let that pass.

Our team has existed for 138 years.

And the only reason there came to be another international team on the island is because the Leinster FA, whether narrow-minded or otherwise, decided to break away. And if you read Cormac Moore's book "The Irish Soccer Split", he makes it clear that the newly formed FAIFS acted in bad faith in 1924 when the two Associations held serious talks to try to re-unite them (see p.164 on). And he notes further such examples in succeeding years, when the two Associations would reach an agreement in principle, only for the FAIFS to introduce new conditions at the last minute etc.

Meanwhile, there is no provision or precedent anywhere in FIFA's constitution for the recognition of a single representative international team drawn from two separate political jurisdictions. In fact, such a creation would be entirely contrary to the whole principles by which they govern international football.

But apart from that...

P.S. For information, your exhortation to the DUP to "f**k right off" (and leave football alone) has been widely preceded by the same sentiment on OWC.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

The DUP are playing to the gallery. After Michael O'Neil's comments last week many NI fans rowed in behind his claims. The DUP of course saw this and now have given their tuppence worth. They can get f**ked as they can with most things.
Correct.

Meanwhile, an EDM has no real significance or import, other than to get the names of its proposers on the record/create headlines.

Were it up to me, I wouldn't actually name them, other perhaps than recording it as: "Some twats are proposing that..."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

And the only reason there came to be another international team on the island is because the Leinster FA, whether narrow-minded or otherwise, decided to break away. And if you read Cormac Moore's book "The Irish Soccer Split", he makes it clear that the newly formed FAIFS acted in bad faith in 1924 when the two Associations held serious talks to try to re-unite them (see p.164 on). And he notes further such examples in succeeding years, when the two Associations would reach an agreement in principle, only for the FAIFS to introduce new conditions at the last minute etc.

Meanwhile, there is no provision or precedent anywhere in FIFA's constitution for the recognition of a single representative international team drawn from two separate political jurisdictions. In fact, such a creation would be entirely contrary to the whole principles by which they govern international football.

But apart from that...

P.S. For information, your exhortation to the DUP to "f**k right off" (and leave football alone) has been widely preceded by the same sentiment on OWC.

That is horsesh*te of the highest order. The two teams split up due to the sectarian, Belfast-centric operations of the original Irish FA.

You're second point is horsesh*te too, there are numerous other examples of countries selecting players who were born beyond the nominal boundaries of the state they represent; Turkey can select Cypriots, Hungary can select Slovakians; Albania can select Kosovans; and so on. The reason for your misguided opinion is because you do not understand how FIFA eligibility rules actually work; eligibility is determined by CITIZENSHIP, not by TERRITORIAL BOUNDARIES. Ireland, along with many other countries, extends citizenship beyond it's nominal state boundaries, and thus the people entitled to this citizenship are facilitated under normal FIFA statutes to play for Ireland. There is no "loophole" or "unique case" that many NI fans like yourself wish to believe exists.
We're decent enough..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:51pm

But apart from that...

We've already answered that point in the negative with San Marino.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That is horsesh*te of the highest order. The two teams split up due to the sectarian, Belfast-centric operations of the original Irish FA.
Christ, I'm being drawn in again! 

Briefly, have you actually read Moore's book? Or Malcolm Brodie's 'History of Irish Football'?

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You're second point is horsesh*te too, there are numerous other examples of countries selecting players who were born beyond the nominal boundaries of the state they represent; Turkey can select Cypriots, Hungary can select Slovakians; Albania can select Kosovans; and so on. The reason for your misguided opinion is because you do not understand how FIFA eligibility rules actually work; eligibility is determined by CITIZENSHIP, not by TERRITORIAL BOUNDARIES. Ireland, along with many other countries, extends citizenship beyond it's nominal state boundaries, and thus the people entitled to this citizenship are facilitated under normal FIFA statutes to play for Ireland. There is no "loophole" or "unique case" that many NI fans like yourself wish to believe exists.
Read what I wrote again. (Clue: I wasn't talking about Eligibility)

Meanwhile, I would observe that whenever someone issues blanket condemnations of a whole group of people, essentially on the basis of who they are, rather than what they say or do ("Themmuns is all small-minded bigots etc"), he is invariably guilty of the self-same prejudices himself.

Congratulations.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Mar 2018 at 2:29pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:31pm
Why aren't you replying to Danny Invincible handing your ass to you over on the ROTW section Terry?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

We've already answered that point in the negative with San Marino.
Remind me again, which two separate international football teams, from separate political jurisdictions, were abolished to create the new single entity known as "San Marino"?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why aren't you replying to Danny Invincible handing your ass to you over on the ROTW section Terry?
Time.

What you guys don't seem to get is that if three or four of you direct frequent and lengthy posts at me, in expectation of a reply, then that takes me three or four times as long to reply. (Which doesn't even take into account the hit-and-run cretins with their brainless "Orange/DUP/Fleggers/Bryson/Fraser" flaming etc.) 

And as for DI, he's persistent and not known for brevity, I'll give him that, so it is only fair that he receives replies in kind.

Which I will do, when I have the time and inclination.

But in the meantime, I have an invitation to a pub opening this evening, a football match tomorrow and I'm travelling on Sunday. 

Oh and a life, too, so it could be a while.

Ciao for now.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Mar 2018 at 2:43pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:10pm

Time.

What you guys don't seem to get is that if three or four of you direct frequent and lengthy posts at me, in expectation of a reply, then that takes me three or four times as long to reply. (Which doesn't even take into account the hit-and-run cretins with their brainless "Orange/DUP/Fleggers/Bryson/Fraser" flaming etc.) 

And as for DI, he's persistent and not known for brevity, I'll give him that, so it is only fair that he receives replies in kind.

But in the meantime, I have an invitation to a pub opening this evening, a football match tomorrow and I'm travelling on Sunday. 

Ciao for now.

So you can attack my post with nonsense but not not reply to others which show that nonsense to be nonsense Clap
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm
spot on from noel king. on pure footballing ability would love to get conor hazard on board, highly rated and we don't seem to have many young gks coming through
stiffler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm
Smyth and Lavery Called up to Northern Ireland squad.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm

Time.

Ciao for now.

So you can attack my post with nonsense but not not reply to others which show that nonsense to be nonsense Clap

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 450>
  Share Topic