Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 450>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Can see Wilson getting back in the squad. Plays anywhere across the back. Not getting much minutes for WBA tho.

This.

Wilson can just about play anywhere in defence, i think he's a loss to us. Pity he's not playing games. 
It`s also a pity he`s sh1te and should be no where near an international side.
I assume any post that silly has to be trawling, wasn't his last football match the disastrous display for Bournemouth at Millwall?
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Can see Wilson getting back in the squad. Plays anywhere across the back. Not getting much minutes for WBA tho.

This.

Wilson can just about play anywhere in defence, i think he's a loss to us. Pity he's not playing games. 
I assume any post that silly has to be trawling, wasn't his last football match the disastrous display for Bournemouth at Millwall?
His entire international career has been a series of disastrous displays. But he still has plenty of fan boys on here, so you never know this could be genuine.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:01pm

This.

His entire international career has been a series of disastrous displays. But he still has plenty of fan boys on here, so you never know this could be genuine.
Similar to his club career then! He has been remarkably consistent throughout!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:05pm
Speaking of the "striker crisis", I think Dom Dwyer was mentioned on here before but no one was quite sure if he was eligible or not. I mention him because he received American citizenship this month, so if he is eligible and worth a shot we'd have to work fairly quickly, can't imagine he'll be too long getting into a US squad with 50 goals in 100 appearances.
We're decent enough..
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Speaking of the "striker crisis", I think Dom Dwyer was mentioned on here before but no one was quite sure if he was eligible or not. I mention him because he received American citizenship this month, so if he is eligible and worth a shot we'd have to work fairly quickly, can't imagine he'll be too long getting into a US squad with 50 goals in 100 appearances.
Better than Kevin doyle anyway
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:24pm

He'll be called up in their next squad, the USA take 0 chances when this happens. Look at the amount of germans they have with one cap LOL

The fact they have 11 goalkeepers really says all you need to know about how the USA do business.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:58pm

He'll be called up in their next squad, the USA take 0 chances when this happens. Look at the amount of germans they have with one cap LOL

The fact they have 11 goalkeepers really says all you need to know about how the USA do business.
It is amazing they scored against Panama at all, they must be even less creative than us!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
I think the time has come for to start seriously buttering up the likes of Robinson as our options for the next campaign are, quite frankly, pitiful. While we are lucky enough to have three decent if unspectacular options up front now it is unlikely that Murphy and Walters will still be available past Russia, Shane Long will likely still be our main striker but he will be heading for 32, as good as over the hill for a striker reliant on pace and running.
After that we are left with the same list of players who aren't deemed good enough now, some pushing on themselves. Rooney has clearly seen as nothing more than emergency back-up, Sheridan will continue his gap career inter-railing across Europe but would need to significantly increase his goals to games ratio to ever be considered. David McGoldrick will probably still get in squads but he is hardly the solution, especially given his repetitive injuries and average goal scoring record. Joe Mason has probably deserved an opportunity at some point,he is never going to hit double figures in the Championship or be seen as little more than a squad player at that level.
Of those in the divisions below only 27 year old Paddy Madden looks capable of making some sort of an impact at even Championship level. Aidan O'Brien is quite an unpopular at Millwall for his lack of ability and work-rate and Conor Wilkinson seems to be nothing more than a lower league journeyman.
If you look at the under-21s squad that played Kosovo you had an average League of Ireland player start(Curtis), a player who has had a disappointing loan at lowly Newport but a good record for QPR's reserves(Grego-Cox) and a 20 year old from Bournemouth who seems to be well thought of but has struggled with injury(Quigley).
There is younger hopefuls in the form of Glen McAuley, who seems to be well thought of at Anfield and Ronan Hale who has an excellent goal scoring record but it has been said that Hale needs pace(sorry).

It really is a pretty sorry situation and highlights how much we relied on Robbie Keane over the years, we are struggling for goals now with three decent options, what will we be like with David McGoldrick as an alternative off the bench? It is no wonder people are championing Seanie Maguire!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 5:29pm
The only thing about Callum Robinson is that he is now being kept out of the Preston side by an in-form Tom Barkhuizen. Scott Hogan doesn't seem interested, if he was surely we would have heard from him by now. Patrick Bamford, while I feel he could be useful is not getting near the Middlesbrough team and has never really given us interest. Will Keane has had too many injuries and has never made an impact at club level.  

However, I would really love to know what kind of an effort the FAI are putting in behind the scenes. If the FAI cannot even convince a Brentford sub left back to declare for us (Tom Field) then you would really have to wonder what is up.
The only way is up
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:59pm
I have to pick you up on Ronan Hale.

My younger cousin played with Hale at Crusaders he was scoring from 25 yards out for the fun of it, he is an exceptional talent and will score goals later on in his career when given the opportunity. 

But yes, we need players on board asap. Just like the Jack Charlton days.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:11pm

My younger cousin played with Hale at Crusaders he was scoring from 25 yards out for the fun of it, he is an exceptional talent and will score goals later on in his career when given the opportunity. 

Pick me up on what? All I said was he is scoring a lot at underage level and made a sketchy joke!

By the way, is there anybody your family doesn't know? Or are ye like the Gremlins?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:12pm

Pick me up on what? All I said was he is scoring a lot at underage level and made a sketchy joke!

By the way, is there anybody your family doesn't know? Or are ye like the Gremlins?

We're like the gremlins Wink
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 12:38pm
Not sure if he's been mentioned before but my friend's second cousin Liam Coyle just signed professional terms with Liverpool on Monday and is also captain of Liverpool's Under 18 team much to Dan's disgust and pride with him being from Manchester (the lad himself is from Liverpool). He's eligible for Ireland through his grandparents because I asked my friend on facebook when he posted the article if he was so I'm not sure if anyone at the FAI knows about him or if anyone here has any contact with someone involved with the underage set up.  http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/liam-coyle
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Not sure if he's been mentioned before but my friend's second cousin Liam Coyle just signed professional terms with Liverpool on Monday and is also captain of Liverpool's Under 18 team much to Dan's disgust and pride with him being from Manchester (the lad himself is from Liverpool). He's eligible for Ireland through his grandparents because I asked my friend on facebook when he posted the article if he was so I'm not sure if anyone at the FAI knows about him or if anyone here has any contact with someone involved with the underage set up.  http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/liam-coyle

Has he an interest in playing for Ireland?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

LOL
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
Not sure if he has an interest in playing for Ireland but I'm pretty sure he's more in touch with his Irish roots than some of the clowns that are suggested on this thread that are mentioned for selection.
Yeah his second cousin! say now you have a cousin and they have a child that would make it your second cousin.
Frank D View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
Thanks for the tip off!

The kind of information that would help the FAI includes:
* where in Ireland is the grandparent from?
* what is the grandparent's name?
* what is the grandparent's date of birth?

That enables them to check eligibility.

Could you get any of that from your 2nd cousin?

PS: Hale is excellent!

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:17am
That's first cousin once removed Geek

Captain of Liverpool U18 - I'm sure he'll be on England's radar.  They're all over the issue of involving Irish-qualified players these days.  Although seem to miss out on the Welsh ones as they're called up to the Welsh senior team so early!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 450>
  Share Topic