You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Play off home leg atmosphere -COME ON!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GalwayFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play off home leg atmosphere -COME ON!
    Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:03pm

What extra ideas do you think we should come up with for the home game? I thought Sat was great but could have been better. I still think we should try and create more colour. I have said it before but surely Eircom or some other sponsor could put a flag or scarf on every seat.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but as we are playing Portugal, Russia, France or Greece. All of these bring little or no away support so we will have 74,000 mad Irish with the stadium to ourselves.
COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
Sponsored Links

totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:20pm
Suppose this can go in here.
For all those who had tickets for tonight

Play-off application scheme (Home leg)
Applications, with Montenegro ticket stubs (small bit which can be ripped off the ticket easily enough), name, address and telephone number and optional e-mail address, should be sent by post to:
Play-off application
Football Association of Ireland
National Sports Campus
Abbotstown
Dublin 15
Only applications accompanied by the applicant's name, address and telephone number will be accepted.
Applications are subject to availability and will be dealt with on a first come first served basis.
Applications will not be accepted after October 21.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the FAI.

The date of the home leg of the play-offs will be determined at the FIFA draw on Monday October 19. This home leg will take place on either November 14 or November 18, depending on the draw.

Existing FAI ticket scheme members (block bookers) will be guaranteed their normal allocation of tickets for the home leg of the play-off game. Those fans who purchase tickets through leagues and clubs under the FAI ticket scheme can obtain tickets through their normal club/league contact.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 5:32pm

Agreed, we now know that we have the ability to make an amazing atmosphere for the playoff...

Also Where were the Giant Tifo flags tonight???

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by GalwayFan GalwayFan wrote:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but as we are playing Portugal, Russia, France or Greece. All of these bring little or no away support so we will have 74,000 mad Irish with the stadium to ourselves.

yea but they are still entitled to 10% (or is it 5%) of allocation and they probably wont send unused tickets back.

how about having two singing sections. one in the canal end and one on the hill. that will have an effect on people singing close to them. there was a group of lads up the hill at the back that sang a good bit and sang when the ss started.
cup champions
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:59pm
think every1 sud be mad up for this anyway,atmosphere is gonna be class!!!
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Bumble View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:15pm
All pints in Dublin on the day of the match should be 3 Euros for anybody wearing Green. Place will be hopping then.

Bumble View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

Suppose this can go in here.
For all those who had tickets for tonight

Play-off application scheme (Home leg)
Applications, with Montenegro ticket stubs (small bit which can be ripped off the ticket easily enough), name, address and telephone number and optional e-mail address, should be sent by post to:
Play-off application
Football Association of Ireland
National Sports Campus
Abbotstown
Dublin 15
Only applications accompanied by the applicant's name, address and telephone number will be accepted.
Applications are subject to availability and will be dealt with on a first come first served basis.
Applications will not be accepted after October 21.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the FAI.

The date of the home leg of the play-offs will be determined at the FIFA draw on Monday October 19. This home leg will take place on either November 14 or November 18, depending on the draw.

Existing FAI ticket scheme members (block bookers) will be guaranteed their normal allocation of tickets for the home leg of the play-off game. Those fans who purchase tickets through leagues and clubs under the FAI ticket scheme can obtain tickets through their normal club/league contact.

Do you have to sent them individually are could you sent 3 or 4 tickets under the one name.
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:50pm
the playoff will be guaranteed a great atmosphere. the place was hopping on saturday after st ledger scored, the hint of a world cup drove everyone in to delirium.

pity we couldn't hold on but it doesn't matter now. we can get there. hopefully we're away first, have a result to bring home, and then rock croker.

i'd love us to go out on a high, show those rugby fans who the real team in the country is.

a little drunk but , G'WAN YBIG
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:24am

Myself and NeilMcD are more than happy to arrange another meet up in town the day of the home game if people want. We will know what the craic is regarding days etc after the draw.

I think the letters to the radio station were a good idea, so maybe we need a bigger effort now we have time. Its all good and well posting up ideas on here, but nearly everyone on here makes the effortClap. Its the fans not on the site we need to reach.  
First Commander-Galway Regatta
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:41am
Guys ok - I think we need to plan a a campaign of action with some/all of the radio/TV stations and print media in the run up to 14/18 november. 

I was on Newstalk last Sunday (and teh guy gave me nearly 15 minutes airtime to discuss the match and the Media issues) and I KNOW that all the radio stations out there will want to become part of the Green Army movement, IF we have a co-ordinated campaign!!

And advertising THIS SITE needs to be done at every opportunity to get people involved and aware of whre Irish fans congregate. This to me is the only site where Irish fans can get together - the nature if the net is that things become fragmented - THIS IS OUR MOMENT, LADS and LASSIES!!

Who's up for it- I've no problem doing my bit.
totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Bumble Bumble wrote:

Do you have to sent them individually are could you sent 3 or 4 tickets under the one name.

Well I sent in the stubs in one envelope, don't fancy paying for more stamps just for the FAI Angry
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:03am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Guys ok - I think we need to plan a a campaign of action with some/all of the radio/TV stations and print media in the run up to 14/18 november. 

I was on Newstalk last Sunday (and teh guy gave me nearly 15 minutes airtime to discuss the match and the Media issues) and I KNOW that all the radio stations out there will want to become part of the Green Army movement, IF we have a co-ordinated campaign!!

And advertising THIS SITE needs to be done at every opportunity to get people involved and aware of whre Irish fans congregate. This to me is the only site where Irish fans can get together - the nature if the net is that things become fragmented - THIS IS OUR MOMENT, LADS and LASSIES!!

Couldnt agree moreClapClap Count me in. I am more than happy help
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:08am

Unless Kates Cottage is really a Tardis, there not that many more could be ftted in upstairs and downstairs had just a nice size of crowd - no waiting to get served etc Thumbs%20Up - unlike plenty of other bars
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Unless Kates Cottage is really a Tardis, there not that many more could be ftted in upstairs and downstairs had just a nice size of crowd - no waiting to get served etc Thumbs%20Up - unlike plenty of other bars

LOLLOL It is defo not a tradis, nor is structurally able to take any more fans - There were concerns over the we love you  we love bouncing Shocked.
I dont think we need to advertise Kate's if we do the meet up there again as there just isnt room for anymore.

I think we need to focus on the fans off this site - Geting them to wear colour, shout, sing and get behind the team.

filthymcnasty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filthymcnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 5:16am
Originally posted by GalwayFan GalwayFan wrote:

What extra ideas do you think we should come up with for the home game? I thought Sat was great but could have been better. I still think we should try and create more colour. I have said it before but surely Eircom or some other sponsor could put a flag or scarf on every seat.

Flares in the SS would be brilliant.  Could someone sneak a few in?

Those big flags on Sat looked the part, more of those too.

Going Green on November 14!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 6:56am

OK – a VERY ROUGH plan of action – but it’s a start..

THIS IS QUITE LONG = but I’m just pointing out what is possible if we tap up as many areas as possible.

TV Stations

RTE

TV3

TG4 I can do one in Irish as I can speak Irish fluently.

Skysports – what about being the fans the day of the playoff on SoccerAM – anyone got contacts for it? Is is an option for Sky – would they be bothered?

Radio Stations

Email to following stations outlining what we’re trying to do, recalling the atmosphere at Croker Vs. Italy, Lansdowne Roar,

RTE Sports

RTE- Joe Duffy – which of yiz have a hotline to Joe ?

RTE – Gerry Ryan/Ryan Tubridy/Pat Kenny didn’t he get a ybig programme????

98FM

4FM – I know the owner – will try to get a number

Newstalk – FW – who do we know here

104FM

Spin

A N Other radios anyone??

Print Media

Email/Letter directed at fans going to the game  (is probably better) seeking assistance in ensuring as many people as possible show up in Green at Croker to turn

Irish Times

Examiner

Indo

Trib

SBPost

Sunday Times

Star

Mirror

Daily Mail

FAI – Croker

Anyone got contacts in FAI / Croker to see about putting something on the seats the day of the play off game

Sponsors

Eircom,

Carlsberg

Can we get hold of them to see if they will sponsor scarves, flag, shiny coloured card to hold up at prearranged as tricolour? The other side could have songwords for those “Fairday” fans who get the tickets for the playoff J

Denis O’Brien

Direct letter to Denis O’Brien via the Indo, asking for FREE advert on Front page/front sports page of the Indo the day of the game encouraging fans attending to wear green

LVA/LVF

Email/letter to LVF/LVA asking them about being involved in  a Dublin Day Special on prices the day of the game – economic times, gradual deterioration of pub trade, trying to maximise the atmosphere on the day, anyone in green getting discount,

Slogan for the Play offs

Finally – can we come up with A SLOGAN For the playoffs?  Media LOVE slogans btw..I’m not a media person, but I’ve done ok selling lots of different things (including ideas!) over the years. It’s possible to get time on radio if you are committed and passionate about what you’re talking!

Going Green for 2010

Supporting Traps men for 2010?

Lift off for Play offs?

Just a few ideas.

Sorry it’s so long. But my passion for Ireland is endless…..is yours??

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:42am

Filthy, flares will lead to a fine, sorry to rain on your parade............but GG is right, we really need a concerted effort now and jolt the big event junkies into action for once in their sad lives.   We among us have contacts almost everywhere, be it FAI, RTE, Setanta, TV3, Newstalk so it's up to us to really get them to come on board with us and knock one of Blatter's Big Boys out of the play-offs.  COME ON EVERYBODY!

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 7:49am
Possible letter/email to radio/TV print journos...anyone got contacts????

You Boys in Green,

PO BOX 1234,

Dublin 2

Website add:- www.ybig.ie

Email –

Phone 087/1234567

NOTE- THIS NEEDS TO BE TAILORED TO SUIT EACH MEDIA – AND PERSONALISED WHERE POSSIBLE – WE LOVE TO GET PERSONAL LETTERS!! DRAFT ONE of a million???

Dear xxx

As you are aware, Ireland is scheduled to play …… in Croke Park on ……… as part of the play off to qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Given the somewhat depressing mood that exists in Ireland at the moment, the achievements of Giovanni Trappatoni and his squad to reach this stage shine brightly as a beacon of hope that Ireland will do the same in the near future.

Recently,a group of Irish football fans came together and, with the help of the FAI, organised a benefit night for Dave Langan, who had fallen on hard times. This time we’re focussing our  efforts on ensuring that Croke Park becomes a proper fortress for this game. Among our aims are:-

1.                  Ensuring everyone (or almost everyone!) at Croke Park wears green on that night

2.                  Ensuring that the fans provide maximum decibel level of vocal support as well

3.                  Transmitting our passion to the team during the match by vocal and visible support.

It has been noted across Europe how passionate our support was against Italy, and for a couple of magnificent minutes, the impossible was possible. So how can you help us?

We know that everyone in Ireland wants the Irish team to qualify. If we all do a bit, then anything is possible. With this in mind, we’re hoping that you can give us some airtime/PRINT SPACE/TV INFORMATION  in the run up to the match in our efforts to reach as many people as possible with our message.

Despite the economic situation in Ireland, despite UEFA changing the ground rules midstream, (and despite Eamonn Dunphy!), our Passion for Ireland is endless. We believe every Irish person feels the same way.  How do you feel?

OR

Ciaran Fitzgerald asked of his team – “where’s your f****ng pride?”  The Irish Team have showed us their pride in the Group Stages. Can we show them our passion?

Yours in sport,

Greengooner..whoever..comittee to HM etc.etc..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic