You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Play off - Day Trip charter 385 (page 10)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:33pm
lads anyone know any package deals which includes match ticket? dont fancy going over there not to make the game
Sponsored Links

brentfordbee View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brentfordbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:53pm
I've been to estonia before and what a laugh.. Other than the routes suggested on the forum (flying into riga is a good option because it's normally quite cheap) I thoroughly suggest taking the 'love boat' (stockholm to helsinki overnight boat)

This is the stockholm to helsinki boat. It's brilliant. Basically it's full of swedes and Finns. It's a tradition. They get on the boat to go completely mental. It's normally got four or five bars. A disco. And all sorts. If I remember rightly, it leaves stockholm at around 5pm and arrives in helsinki at around 9am. We had such a blast on the love boat. You go to the bar. Drink. Have a laugh. Talk to everyone. Laugh at the Finns and swedes literally collapsing around you and falling off the top balcony of the dance floor as they tuck into excess alcohol. Then when you have had enough, you go to bed and wake up afresh in the port of helsinki.

You can then get a ferry from helsinki to Tallinn. There is a fast boat that takes like an hour or two if I remember. We went in the first class cabin where you paid €10 euro and you got all your drinks for free. Unfortunately all we had was half a glass and that was it as the boat journey was so rough, we were permanently stuck in the toilet.

All in all. ... You could probably get to stockholm for 100€ or so return. Love boat return would be maybe 120€ including cabin maybe. Maybe less. And you miss out on two nights accommodation there so it effectively cheaper. And ferry return to and from Tallinn from helsinki would be dunno. Maybe 60€?

All in all a good laugh. And a good adventure

My wife is working on the Friday (why do they insist playing on Fridays) so we can't make it over to Tallinn and I'm gutted. So enjoy!!!

Ps. Also there is a reason why it's called the "love boat". No prizes for guessing
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by McNulty McNulty wrote:

Ya Doyler.. Was just on the phone to them. Said they are unlikely to get any more.

Rang 747 then as they also have a package up.

Guy on phone seemed a bit unsure about Match ticket!

Anyone deal with 747 before??

Never with them before but booked their package this time.

You book them in the end?

Whats included in the package?
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 4:51pm
love boat.......prob not full of PigPigPig's!
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by brentfordbee brentfordbee wrote:

I've been to estonia before and what a laugh.. Other than the routes suggested on the forum (flying into riga is a good option because it's normally quite cheap) I thoroughly suggest taking the 'love boat' (stockholm to helsinki overnight boat)

This is the stockholm to helsinki boat. It's brilliant. Basically it's full of swedes and Finns. It's a tradition. They get on the boat to go completely mental. It's normally got four or five bars. A disco. And all sorts. If I remember rightly, it leaves stockholm at around 5pm and arrives in helsinki at around 9am. We had such a blast on the love boat. You go to the bar. Drink. Have a laugh. Talk to everyone. Laugh at the Finns and swedes literally collapsing around you and falling off the top balcony of the dance floor as they tuck into excess alcohol. Then when you have had enough, you go to bed and wake up afresh in the port of helsinki.

You can then get a ferry from helsinki to Tallinn. There is a fast boat that takes like an hour or two if I remember. We went in the first class cabin where you paid €10 euro and you got all your drinks for free. Unfortunately all we had was half a glass and that was it as the boat journey was so rough, we were permanently stuck in the toilet.

All in all. ... You could probably get to stockholm for 100€ or so return. Love boat return would be maybe 120€ including cabin maybe. Maybe less. And you miss out on two nights accommodation there so it effectively cheaper. And ferry return to and from Tallinn from helsinki would be dunno. Maybe 60€?

All in all a good laugh. And a good adventure

My wife is working on the Friday (why do they insist playing on Fridays) so we can't make it over to Tallinn and I'm gutted. So enjoy!!!

Ps. Also there is a reason why it's called the "love boat". No prizes for guessing

Sounds like my kinda boat. Anyone thinking of doing this?
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

McGeady7 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McGeady7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 5:12pm
i was thinking of it.... but working out far too expensive and sh*t load of flights currently booking dublin to glasgow and then glasgow to riga..... see how that goes and possibly book the boat over to stockholm and then stockholm back to dublin       sounds class
Wexy Bastard View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wexy Bastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 6:07pm
Myself +2 just booked the ryanair day trip. Out Friday morning and should be back in bed at home Sat morning at 8 to sleep off the beer. No hassle,direct flights and only have to take one off work. See yis all out thereThumbs Up
'I was a young lad when I was growing up.' - David O'Leary
Rocky Baptiste View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Baptiste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

that will be a big fat zero so gf Clap

Not exactly. The 12 or so Delaney brought up the mountain to the Irish pub in that bus on the day of the game never got in, I was talking to 1 of themLOL

Jesus I was wondering whatever happened that bus. The last I heard of it was at the raffle in the hotel. Didn't realise there was anyone who travelled to Andorra who didn't get tickets. Imagine how they must of felt when the TV came on and they saw the ground was full with nothing but paddysOuchLOL Was Delaney in the pub with them?
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 4:49am
Nope Delaney was with his mates (the 85 tickets) in the FAI tent between the main stand and the terrace behind the goal sucking on a Carlsberg.We bumped into him on the way out of the game,should have reminded him he said he'd be with the fans enjoying the "light finger food" in the "fanzone".
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 5:31am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by McNulty McNulty wrote:

Ya Doyler.. Was just on the phone to them. Said they are unlikely to get any more.

Rang 747 then as they also have a package up.

Guy on phone seemed a bit unsure about Match ticket!

Anyone deal with 747 before??

Never with them before but booked their package this time.

You book them in the end?

Whats included in the package?

Direct flights, transfers, hotel for 2 nights.
No ticket though. Think all of them travel crowds are out of tickets.
Was expensive but f**k it!! just have to sit in a few weekends!!
Standup View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Standup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 1:31pm
Wahoo, I'm booked and ready and waiting. Heading out Wednesday afternoon and coming home straight after the game. Home by 7 sat morning but I cant wait. If anyone is over in Tallinnn on Weds, Thurs night and wanna meet up for scoops i'll follow the singin!!! This is goin to be GREAT!!! 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 9:10am
Anyone look at flights to Dublin from Tallinn for the game in the Aviva, bit of a difference in the price, I'd say not many estonians will travel to dublin for the game from Estonia.
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 9:13am
football isn't big in estonia but i can bet my bottom doll that it will be packed to the rafter in the a le coq arena 
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic