You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for off days between games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

There is guide to Poland for Irish fans been written up by a lad from Ireland who has lived over in Poland the past 6 years. I've read a few extracts and have to say it reads really well and is funny.

Thats handy.can you read the extracts online or is it published yet?

It will be sold in shops, when details are released will post up

Fair play thanks Smile
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:18am
Originally posted by RoyoftheRavers RoyoftheRavers wrote:

Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

Well lads seeing as we'll be in poland for some time, im just wondering (other than gargle) how ye intend spending the days between games? I plan on travelling a bit, have any of ye come across any things of note to see and do of interest? Saw on an other thread theres speedway in torun, would be great to take in somethin like that.
Any thoughts?

Speak to Familyguy. He's a historian and part-time archeologist. Himself and Gmansdad will be out the door of the hotel no later than 9am every morning, rucksacks and maps at the ready, exploring every historical site there is to see in Poland.

I would like to see the fans games taking place on non-match days and plenty of 5-a-sides etc could be organised as well. Drinking and playing football - two of life's greatest pleasures Clap

Also speak to Rayoftherovers (formerly known as Trapped). He is YBIG's resident expert on flying pigs.........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

We should to watch Big Strong Man is doing and just go to the one pub and drink beer
We could rent a wrestling ring for the day and everyone could watch me kick the sh*t outta you
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Ireland vs Poland fans game and fun day in Torun will be on the 16th June, will the Poalnd vs Czech match on that night ClapClapClap all info coming soonThumbs Up

Clap 

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:45am
Been to Krakow and seen Auschwitz / Saltmines etc. so just gonna go with the flow. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:34pm
Would love to go see Auschwitz. other than that I'll just be letting things pan out, hate doing things by the book when away
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:57pm
Ive been to krakow and auschwitz, if ye can fit them in lads, do. Krakow is a great city and not being a host city should be very cheap. Walking tour is worth doin, the castle, the setting of schindlers list etc.. Auschwitz is a real experience, was there halloween night so eerie and bleak and really brought home how terrible it must have been.
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:00pm
http://www.eurail.com/eurail-passes/one-country-pass/poland

8 unlimited days travel for 96 euro.. I plan on getting this.  Not a bad way to see the whole country for cheap. 

Ye just cant be from Europe thoLOL

Edited by daboi89 - 04 Mar 2012 at 2:01pm
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:08pm

Ireland vs Poland fans game and fun day in Torun will be on the 16th June, will the Poalnd vs Czech match on that night ClapClapClap all info coming soonThumbs Up

Clap
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Clap 

ClapClapClap
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:17pm
Will go to Warsaw for a day and Krakow for a day to see Auscwitz, will go and see the speedway while in Torun and hopefully spend a day or 2 on the beach up in Gdansk. Want to rent a bike while im Torun.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:22pm

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:57pm
bringin the guitar goin buskin in berlin !! hows that for culture
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by vinny 2012 vinny 2012 wrote:

bringin the guitar goin buskin in berlin !! hows that for culture
might as well start paying back the money borrowed earlyThumbs Up
Your twistin my melon man
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Going to attend this (or even play) Count! Let me know if it's on!  Wink
ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:13am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Been to Krakow and seen Auschwitz / Saltmines etc. so just gonna go with the flow. <div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Will has all our days planned out over Babbs.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:17am
in 2006 and 2008 there was massive fun to be had watching the games in the fanzones, i plan to be in the host cities for each of the games enjoying them with the locals and the other fans. it will be even better this time as we are involved Thumbs Up
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:19am
Big fan zone in torun top Milla
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic