Places you have no interest in going to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:42pm
There's a whole raft of places over here, Coventry is decent in comparison to a lot of them. Colchester is probably the worst of the lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:48pm
I'm going to Coventry next week, half dreading going now LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:51pm
The people are great there, loads of Irish, albeit mostly second and third generation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Yeah, I heard there's a massive Irish community there alright.

Sunderland are playing in the early kick-off and it was either stay in Coventry the night before or take the 6:30am flight from Dublin on the Saturday, I'll probably just find a decent Indian restuarant the Friday evening and potter back to the hotel after nothing too mad! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:22pm

Sunderland are playing in the early kick-off and it was either stay in Coventry the night before or take the 6:30am flight from Dublin on the Saturday, I'll probably just find a decent Indian restuarant the Friday evening and potter back to the hotel after nothing too mad! 

Where are you staying? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:30pm

Yeah great Irish community in Coventry and as previously said great craic! Agree about Gelsenkirchen an awful dump of a place very dreary place. Wouldn't be a fan of Glasgow either a real kip with nothing in it really! Edinburgh though is a lovely city would recommend a visit there for people 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 21 Sep 2018 at 3:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:36pm
There are some really fantastic museums in Glasgow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:40pm

There's a whole raft of places over here, Coventry is decent in comparison to a lot of them. Colchester is probably the worst of the lot.
Neither can be worse than Hull surely?  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:43pm

Neither can be worse than Hull surely?  
Never been, any place that gave the world The Housemartins is alright by me though!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Yeah great Irish community in Coventry and as previously said great craic! Agree about Gelsenkirchen an awful dump of a place very dreary place. Wouldn't be a fan of Glasgow either a real kip with nothing in it really! Edinburgh though is a lovely city would recommend a visit there for people 

Please tell me where the great Craic is in Coventry cause I only experience miserable counts when I venture out in that city. Been to a couple of Irish pubs and they are the opposite of what I would call great Craic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm

There are some really fantastic museums in Glasgow.

There is one museum which has a near complete Plesiosaur skeleton which is pretty cool think its Hunterian.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:09pm
South Africa, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel.

Places I actively avoid going to - Wrexham - absolute hell. Hate going to the **** of a place. Most of north wales actually. Anywhere inside the M25 in England. London has to have the highest concentration of ****s in the world. 
Flanno7hi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:10pm

Ever been to S****horpe? an absolute sh*thole.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Places I actively avoid going to - Wrexham - absolute hell. Hate going to the **** of a place. Most of north wales actually. Anywhere inside the M25 in England. London has to have the highest concentration of ****s in the world. 

jaysus South Africa? 

im off there on honeymoon doing the garden route..... ah jaysus Ouch
RayHoughton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm
Morroco, Avoid the place like the plague. Went once and I'll never go again. 

Very hot and constantly on edge. Lads trying to swindle you at any chance they get. 
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by RayHoughton RayHoughton wrote:

Morroco, Avoid the place like the plague. Went once and I'll never go again. 

Very hot and constantly on edge. Lads trying to swindle you at any chance they get. 
I have been there four times and absolutely adored it! I have travelled all over it too, an amazing country.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm

jaysus South Africa? 

im off there on honeymoon doing the garden route..... ah jaysus Ouch

Probably me tarring them all with the same brush but judging by the lads I know from there from playing rugby and people I've worked with I've never met any of them that don't have a very superior attitude and have been unappologetically racist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm

Ever been to S****horpe? an absolute sh*thole.

I think it's very appropriate the city is censored out on this forum it's that bad LOL

Last time I was there, sat there in a McDonalds, bloke lining out MDMA on the table next to me and apparently it's normal there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 23>