You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Places you have no interest in going to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz NR very disappointed in you as I can't think of a place on this planet where I would not want to visit , now yep there are places I never want to go back to but that's another story .
Not wanting to go to India Wacko

There is only going to be so many places you will be able to go to I can't envisage a scenario where I would go to any of those places

Vegas - glitzy gaudy joint full of broken dreams
India - never keen on it - stunning wildlife but the place/ people itself don't really warm to
Qatar/Dubia - hot desert full I of rich Arabs and annoying expats - the daily mail abroad please god we make Russia 2018
Bangkok - sleazy and full of westerners exploiting the natives

Plenty of other places I would go to first
Ask ten people what they think of any certain place and you will get different answers for sure .
Again what you see on the box is not what a lot of places are like in real life . Vegas  well not my place even thou I have been 3 times and again this summer .
Qatar never been I Dubai once is more than enough but I can see what certain people are drawn to it  when you can talk about how much money you earn .
Bangkok the place has a soul don't rate the city as Patpong or Kao San Rd there is so much more to the city and it's people .
 India , hummmmmmmmmmmm I have spent 13 or 14 month in India on 4 different  trips and only just scraped the surface really . 1/6th of the world live in that country alone it has everything from deserts, mountains, Plains you name it 31 different lauguages  and English is the only one that ties it all together . In India the whole life pans out in front of your very eyes , it's a bit like a play where you take part in it every day . It's just impossible to describe how India hits you again you have to go there and no matter how many books you will ever read nothing can prepare you to what is India .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:59pm
I understand not wanting to go to some of the middle eastern countries, if only because you wouldn't want to be seen to condone appalling human rights abuses and modern slavery.

But not wanting to visit any part of vast and diverse parts of the world like "Africa" or "India" or "Brazil" is frankly astonishing. Those are huge areas, completely different from one place to the other: safari in the Gambia, the deserts of the Namib and the Sahara, the rainforests of equatorial Africa, the wildlife of the Great Rift Valley, the ecological diversity of Madagascar, the history of Egypt and Morocco: and that's just Africa. India is equally diverse: from the beaches of Goa, the mountains of the Himalayas, history and culture with the likes of the Taj Mahal and the golden temple of Amritsar.... Brazil is bigger than Europe, if you leave out Russia.

I can understand some things (Vegas, Dubai etc), mostly cities or small countries, but not writing off massive, incredibly diverse parts of the world.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Niagara Falls.....know a few people who went and left after 5 mins.
A bit like my visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa....2 mins is enough there.

Never been to Niagra Falls, but I have a very strong belief that it would be exactly as I think it would be, a massive waterfall. 

As for the Leaning Tower, 2 mins is all you need to get that pic of you pretending to hold up the Tower from a distance. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Niagara Falls.....know a few people who went and left after 5 mins.
A bit like my visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa....2 mins is enough there.

Never been to Niagra Falls, but I have a very strong belief that it would be exactly as I think it would be, a massive waterfall. 

As for the Leaning Tower, 2 mins is all you need to get that pic of you pretending to hold up the Tower from a distance. 

Yeah the illusion of keeping the tower up. Bit like Paul Clement appearing like he is keeping Seansea up.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm

Middle East

Russia
India
Cork
North Korea
most of the Northside

Edited by Gary McKay - 14 Feb 2017 at 2:27pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm
Image result for countries that fit in africa

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:42pm
What's ypur point H2H, lads don't want to go to Africa cause it's full of blacks and muslims 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:30pm
No mention for Dundalk yet?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:42pm
i see Israel mentioned a few times. regardless of beliefs, Israel/ Palestine is an incredible place to visit. especially Jerusalem and some of the other west bank towns like Bethlehem & Nazareth. i would highly recommend.  

also india was mentioned earlier. Really!?

ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:47pm
Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Cant see why Australia is appearing here so much. Went there for a month last January with the family and it was amazing  
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Cant see why Australia is appearing here so much. Went there for a month last January with the family and it was amazing  

No culture and Australians are arseholes.  I have never met one who is sound. Even Aussie women act like lads.

Can I just add my disdain for South Africans as well. Another shower of coonts.

Edited by Trap junior - 14 Feb 2017 at 4:55pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

i see Israel mentioned a few times. regardless of beliefs, Israel/ Palestine is an incredible place to visit. especially Jerusalem and some of the other west bank towns like Bethlehem & Nazareth. i would highly recommend.  

also india was mentioned earlier. Really!?

Thanks Fr Randy
Chips don't bounce
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:02pm
Just because you don't like the culture doesn't mean it isn't there.

People complain about the USA not having a culture, but of course they do: baseball, gridiron, tailgating, New Orleans creole cuisine & mardi gras, the lifestyle of New York, the BBQ cuisine of the southwest, Miami nightlife, the Beach Boys and southern California, mountain sports in the Rockies, not to mention Hollywood, etc etc etc. You might not like it, but of course it has culture.

And the same applies to Australia: in parts of the country, cricket is a way of life, in other parts, it's Aussie rules, BBQing shrimp, surfing, cattle ranching in the outback, or Christmas day on the beach. It's different, not just derivative, and it is culture.

If you don't like it, maybe explain what it is you don't like; you can't just dismiss the entire place for not having culture when it undoubtedly has.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:17pm

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Not an ounce of irony in your question
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

No culture and Australians are arseholes.  I have never met one who is sound. Even Aussie women act like lads.

Can I just add my disdain for South Africans as well. Another shower of coonts.

Was visiting my brother so we didn't really branch out to the locals , Some of the scenery was unreal and getting sun burnt in January is something I could get used to Cool

Culture is a big Meh for me  

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Newry

**** off

Anywhere they sell stella LOL
I know nothing :-)
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:48pm
Space
Genuinely have no interest in the Moon, planets etc.
If I won a trip to go on an expedition I wouldn't go.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:04pm

Middle East
China
India
Turkey

Personally it is because it is a racist state and it isn't changing too quickly.

The fact I have never met an Australian I didn't want to strangle doesn't helped, I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive issues though.
Add in everybody from Ireland you would never want to see again and Koala bears and the Outback are not as tempting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic