You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Places you have no interest in going to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

This is a very bizarre thread.

LOL
That nordy fella is bizarre and yet very familiar at the same time, similar to an other poster on here who seems to take umbridge with a lot of people who question his posts Shocked
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cape Town

Just back from a week there. Up there with Rio as one of the best cities I've visited. Unreal food and drink for dirt cheap. You'll get a 3 course meal, quality steak and a load of drink for about 70 quid. And that's in a high end restaurant. Don't think I've ever got as much value for money in a city. Maybe a few places in Argentina, but the food wasn't half as good. A brilliant city to visit, you could easily go for 2 weeks and still have things to do.

Saw Brazil mentioned on this thread a few times. Rio is incredible. And home to some of the best looking women on the planet.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:14pm
sadly Russia now Cry unless there is some sort  of regime change 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:14pm
Rio is simply amazing. 

Argentinian women > Brazilian women though.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

what's that TJ 10 crap jokes on the thread in two days? 

LOLLOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Rio is simply amazing. 

Argentinian women > Brazilian women though.

Was there, Buenos Aires and Ushuaia over last few weeks. Three great spots. 

Russia joins the list for me too, won't be going there until a regime change at the very minimum. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 5:36pm
I suppose North Korea and Afghanistan are out of the question.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

My old man grew up through the Vietnam war, now a thriving tourist destination. I always wondered if the likes of Iraq and Afganistan will turn themselves around over 50 years.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Have no interest in going to Moscow or St. Petersburg, but always had a strange fascination with Vladivostok. It's east of China, but it's part of Europe.  

Was supposed to go there in 2018 but for visa issues.  Looks like I'll have to strike Vladivostok off the Places To Visit list for a long time.

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 10:44am

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

My old man grew up through the Vietnam war, now a thriving tourist destination. I always wondered if the likes of Iraq and Afganistan will turn themselves around over 50 years.

Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Vietnam never run by fundamentalists who prized ideological purity over earning a living.  A better pointer to what their future might be like is Iran.  Rights of the natives restricted (especially women) and tourism not exactly encouraged.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Have no interest in going to Moscow or St. Petersburg, but always had a strange fascination with Vladivostok. It's east of China, but it's part of Europe.  

Was supposed to go there in 2018 but for visa issues.  Looks like I'll have to strike Vladivostok off the Places To Visit list for a long time.

Funny you talk about Vladivostok as was on my list of places i wanted to visit, was thinking about taking the Trans Siberian Train many year back as the choice was Beijing or Vald , now a day extra from there also 8 days in total to Eastern Europe . 
 Still would have love to go to either Moscow or St P , now not at the moment but never rule anything out in life i always say . 
Iran well have meet a few people who travelled that way and everyone said the people were fantastic always like the look of the blue Mosque in Zehedan or Zenjan can't remember which . 
In a perfect world with Ireland going to the World Cup this year it would have been great to stay in Iran then hop across the border to Qatar , hey just a dream . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Funny you talk about Vladivostok as was on my list of places i wanted to visit, was thinking about taking the Trans Siberian Train many year back as the choice was Beijing or Vald , now a day extra from there also 8 days in total to Eastern Europe . 
 Still would have love to go to either Moscow or St P , now not at the moment but never rule anything out in life i always say . 
Did the Transiberain a few years back but took the Mongolia/Beijing route. Stopped off in Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and up around a lake from there. Mad spots altogether once ya get East of the Urals. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Did the Transiberain a few years back but took the Mongolia/Beijing route. Stopped off in Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk and up around a lake from there. Mad spots altogether once ya get East of the Urals. 

Furthest I have been is the Urinals.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Garethr95 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garethr95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:14pm
Australia 
Dubai 
Japan 
Thailand 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Garethr95 Garethr95 wrote:

Australia 
Dubai 
Japan 
Thailand 

What not Dubai out of curiosity?

Edited by Deane - 21 May 2022 at 6:48am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:38am
Dubai still for me.

Synthetic, artificial, fake kip full of runaways and influencer w**kers from what I can see online

I’d rather have visited it when it was a dust bowl 30 years ago.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 11:19am
Australia and Thailand especially Thailand are probably the best country's I've been too, Japan is supposed to be incredible. I will say about Dubai I was there for a week and that was long enough. Don't trust anyone over there the police and especially security on residential apartments!!!!!! 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dubai still for me.

Synthetic, artificial, fake kip full of runaways and influencer w**kers from what I can see online

I’d rather have visited it when it was a dust bowl 30 years ago.

+1 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic