Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***pick pockets in Barcelona***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus the media love a bit of a panic.  Create fear at every hands turn. Fear sells but saying things are grand is never newsworthy.  

baldrick having personally involved in a  few incidents in barcelona this is far from scaremongering, the place is a disgrace

Always knew you were a crook Roger......that said , fair play for admitting your offences on here....step one in your rehabilitation back into society.

LOL like that will ever happen

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:55am
No over exaggeration whatsoever- there is clearly a chronic problem with pick pockets- not gonna stumble down las ramblas locked thats for sure!
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:58am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I dont feel comfortable leaving credit cards etc in my hotel though. Got stuff nicked by chambermaids before.

ah, mr strauss-kahn , hows the form ? LOL

I caught her in the act so I had to punish her by giving her a good rogering

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:01am

Pick pocketing is clearly a problem. But there are many easy steps you can take to avoid it. I had my wallet pinched in Liverpool, coz I made the age old mistake of hanging my jacket on the back of my chair. Most hotels will have a safety deposit box in your room for a couple of extra quid for people afraid of chamber maids. But general stuff like keep your bag closed and under your arm. Don't leave phones/cameras/wallets on a table in a cafe/pub etc. Not all but quite a lot of pick pocketing stories I've heard was in part caused by victims negligence and complacency

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:11am
Gerk weren't you robbed the last time you were in barca,tell us that story again
It's a belter
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:13am
Anyone that leaves a wallet or phone on a table in a cafe or bar deserves what they get, home or abroad.

Common sense folks Thumbs Up
@AntrimMan85
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:22am
Been to Barca before if you stay in groups and use cop on you will be ok but if you wander off the side streets off las ramblas on your own then your a prime target .Just carry cash leave your cards in the hotel.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Gerk weren't you robbed the last time you were in barca,tell us that story again
It's a belter

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:33am
You ever hear that one count?it's a cracker
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:50am

Jesus the media love a bit of a panic.  Create fear at every hands turn. Fear sells but saying things are grand is never newsworthy.  
+1

Every time Irish fans go away, there's warnings on here and in the papers about criminals wherever we are going. It's an easy page filler for the rags at home.

If you don't carry around a load of money and have your phone/wallet/credit card out on display and you're not falling around the place drunk on your own with no idea what's going on around you or where you are, you'll be grand in most cities in Europe.

The last time I was driving down O'Connell Street in a taxi, the driver was pointing out pickpockets to me outside BurgerKing, it happens in every city. Be a bit clever/not too drunk on your own and the chances of you being the victim are low in any city.
Karnage View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:54am
just walk around with your lad hanging out, nobody will go near you!

Tried and tested anti mugging technique Cool
timoffski View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoffski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:55am
LOL
I own a football club
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

+1

Every time Irish fans go away, there's warnings on here and in the papers about criminals wherever we are going. It's an easy page filler for the rags at home.
The above statement did not appear in a paper. It's a statement from locals in Barca which kinda tells me how serious the problem is. It's a warning that should be headed from my experience there. Head the warning or don't, it's well justified

If you don't carry around a load of money and have your phone/wallet/credit card out on display and you're not falling around the place drunk on your own with no idea what's going on around you or where you are, you'll be grand in most cities in Europe.
One lad I was with was stone cold sober at 10am and had his camera nicked.

The last time I was driving down O'Connell Street in a taxi, the driver was pointing out pickpockets to me outside BurgerKing, it happens in every city. Be a bit clever/not too drunk on your own and the chances of you being the victim are low in any city.
In Barca it is much much worse, hence their own locals sending warnings. You only have to read through this thread to see plenty have had experiences of this. This is just to warn fans to be vigilant.
timoffski View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoffski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:07am
Our plan is only enough cash in the front pocket for food and drinks  camera and phone out of sight wallet and cards left in hotel safe
I own a football club
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:10am
A bit of cop on and and you will be grand. Barca is rife with pickpockets but sure most major cities have a pick pocket problem. 

Moscow was meant to be a hell hole according to others.  I think every trip has had its scaremongerers. 

flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Anyone that leaves a wallet or phone on a table in a cafe or bar deserves what they get, home or abroad.

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:11am
Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

What? Sorry but it really grinds my gears. Why advertise your valuables to potential thieves?
@AntrimMan85
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Karnage Karnage wrote:

just walk around with your lad hanging out, nobody will go near you!

Tried and tested anti mugging technique Cool

LOLLOLLOLLOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic