You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PDC Darts Championship 2020-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
He’s either over rated or underachieved for his talent MVG

Should have more world titles for the hype about him
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 9:28pm
Gary Anderson will win this tournament

I remain unconvinced Chizzy will follow that result up 

But a tremendous performance - the second best I've ever seen him play after his 2010 World Pro quarter-final victory over Ted Hankey

Think Bunting will beat Price in the other semi
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 9:41pm
Bunting v Chisnall would be interesting, seeing as they're great mates and all. But Anderson the favourite in my eyes too. 

Agree that MvG is underachieving. He's been in the spotlight long enoigh now to be able to withstand the pressure. But unfortunately still buckles at times. His mental strength and intestinal fortitude not as strong a Taylor. Bit then again, no one could match that. MvG the only one that came close. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Agree that MvG is underachieving. He's been in the spotlight long enoigh now to be able to withstand the pressure. But unfortunately still buckles at times. His mental strength and intestinal fortitude not as strong a Taylor. Bit then again, no one could match that. MvG the only one that came close. 

If you compare him to Phil he is underachieving but Phil was a machine.

MVG has 5 finals in 8 years. I think for a No1 player in that time that’s a good performance. He would have made 4 finals in a row but Rob Cross was phenomenal that year.

He has won 3 PDC at 31. Only Phil has won more.

I think Barney has 6 world titles (PDC and BDO).
He should get to this number.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

MVG has 5 finals in 8 years. I think for a No1 player in that time that’s a good performance. He would have made 4 finals in a row but Rob Cross was phenomenal that year.

The standard now is much higher than when Taylor was at his peak. He wouldn't be tied with Ric Flair on 16 world championships if he started his career in the last decade.

The tournament has been brilliant so far. Agree with what was said above, Ando is probably favourite given his experience. I have a feeling Price will pinch it though 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm
I think Bunting could smash Price

Bunting has the pedigree of a world champion

Price is not scoring that well

Anderson looked so comfortable earlier against a good player in van Duijvenbode

Serious Lakeside pedigree in the last four, three of them seasoned performers on the world's greatest stage
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The standard now is much higher than when Taylor was at his peak. He wouldn't be tied with Ric Flair on 16 world championships if he started his career in the last decade.

The tournament has been brilliant so far. Agree with what was said above, Ando is probably favourite given his experience. I have a feeling Price will pinch it though 

Harsh on Phil Taylor - 
From 2010 when he just turned 50 he got to 4 finals in 8 years : 2W and 2L. He was still competitive in the last decade when he should have been retired! 

He beat MVG against the odds. Was 2-0 and 4-2 down but kept coming back and he had some knack of hitting doubles when it mattered.

Anderson only beat him 7-6.

He may not have gotten to 14 finals in a row but he would still be the best that ever played the game.

I would put his record up there with Ric Flair and Rafa at the French Open. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
Decent final 4. Sometimes when you’ve upsets it leaves very lopsided semifinals, I could make a case for any of these lads winning it out. Life changing chance for all of them now
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:48am
The WWF or WWE isn't a sport ffs they're trained showmen and actors who know the outcome before the fight? LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The WWF or WWE isn't a sport ffs they're trained showmen and actors who know the outcome before the fight? LOL
Stop lying. WWE is real and not pre planned. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Stop lying. WWE is real and not pre planned. 

Imagine being an adult and not knowing WWF/WWE was real.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Harsh on Phil Taylor - 
From 2010 when he just turned 50 he got to 4 finals in 8 years : 2W and 2L. He was still competitive in the last decade when he should have been retired! 

He beat MVG against the odds. Was 2-0 and 4-2 down but kept coming back and he had some knack of hitting doubles when it mattered.

Anderson only beat him 7-6.

He may not have gotten to 14 finals in a row but he would still be the best that ever played the game.

I would put his record up there with Ric Flair and Rafa at the French Open. 

Ah don't get me wrong, he's undoubtedly the greatest ever to ever pick up and throw a dart.  But for a large part of his early career there was nobody on his level. Thats not the case now. The standard is outrageous.

Also, for a while initially after the split, the BDO standard was on par, if not better than the PDC, for a number of years. I'm not sure he'd have 16 world championships if there was only one unified organisation for his whole career. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I think Bunting could smash Price

Bunting has the pedigree of a world champion

Price is not scoring that well

Anderson looked so comfortable earlier against a good player in van Duijvenbode

Serious Lakeside pedigree in the last four, three of them seasoned performers on the world's greatest stage

Was on my bucket list to go to the World's in the Lakeside. Alas it will never happen. Daboi came quite close to getting there a couple of years ago, that was the big chance!

First few rounds were very poor, as to be expected I suppose with 96 players. Some good stories though with the emergence of dartists like Searle and Baggish. Quarter finals were excellent though.

Both semis could go either way. I think it will be Bunting and Ando to progress though. Price is the best player left there but just hasn't been good enough in this comp. Anderson is playing as well as he has for years. Bunting throwing off the shackles of perennial underachiever is great to see! Chizzy has been quietly but impressively going about his business. Be great to see him do it 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 4:53pm
Would like to see a bunting vs chizzy final. 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
Price is a very unconvincing "villain"

Seems like a smashing fella actually if you hear him in interviews

Most other players seem to like him

Although I don't think Gary Anderson is one of those, think there's a bit of needle between them
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
is the final usually on New Years Day or did I make that up?
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:35pm
Bunting looks like he’s going to bottle it 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Bunting looks like he’s going to bottle it 

Price has hit 9 double 10’s in a row

But he is not scoring well. For every 180, he is hitting 60 or less

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic