You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Scholes sticks the boot into Inger-land

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 6:42am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

How many big time charlies do Ireland have that are only out for personal glory?

i dont know , how many ? you tell us then ?

take off the red tinted glasses is right , if it was anyone but scholsey and  " too busy riding my brothers wife to play for my country " giggsy you'd be on here saying they were utter ***ts,

retiring at 29 FFS

Ok- so if anyone but scholes or giggs criticized the english team i would call them a ****LOL

I criticize the england team all the time myself and i wouldnt consider myself a ****

Good point tough milla- good input!!
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 6:47am

How many big time charlies do Ireland have that are only out for personal glory?

take off the red tinted glasses is right , if it was anyone but scholsey and  " too busy riding my brothers wife to play for my country " giggsy you'd be on here saying they were utter ***ts,

retiring at 29 FFS

Ok- so if anyone but scholes or giggs criticized the english team i would call them a ****LOL

I criticize the england team all the time myself and i wouldnt consider myself a ****

answer my question about irish big time charlies please
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 6:53am

retiring at 29 FFS

No big time charlies purely out for personal glory in the irish set up

not a lot of personal glory to be gained from trips to the likes of armenia and slovakia with no major tournament coming at the end of these qualifiers for the past 10 years

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 12 Jul 2011 at 6:54am
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 6:58am

retiring at 29 FFS

No big time charlies purely out for personal glory in the irish set up

not a lot of personal glory to be gained from trips to the likes of armenia and slovakia with no major tournament coming at the end of these qualifiers for the past 10 years

apologies, completely misread that sentence in your post,

but my point stands ,  scholes has no right to be sl*gging anyone off who played for england from villa or anywhere else, his country called and he wasnt there.

i reckon he might mean darius vassell ? although i fairness to vassell he pulled a few big goals out of the bag for england

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:02am
Scholes had a lot to offer international football and should have stuck with it imo but his point about some of the england players stands up in fairness
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:04am

Scholes had a lot to offer international football and should have stuck with it imo but his point about some of the england players stands up in fairness

but sure it is nothing we didnt know already and he has very little moral highground to make the point from
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:17am
I think he means clubs like Villa rather than just Aston Villa themselves, clubs like spurs and Everton and liverpool etc.  Once big time clubs now also rans.  :) 
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:28am
You honestly think that no one ever used the Irish Jersey to enhance their reputation?!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

I think he means clubs like Villa rather than just Aston Villa themselves, clubs like spurs and Everton and liverpool etc.  Once big time clubs now also rans.  :) 

apart from everton who were never big time
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:43am

Paul Scholes is a player I have admired greatly for how he handled himself on and off the pitch, the fact he retired early from England made me admire him even more as I enjoy watching England fail. However I feel his decision to walk out on his country in his prime deprives him of taking the moral high ground. For a man famed for his silence and eschewing the tabloid culture he has picked an unusual subject on which to jump aboard. Whether he is right or not(I believe his opinion is actually closer to fact) is irrelevant.

Edited by Clonbhoy - 12 Jul 2011 at 8:59am
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Paul Scholes is a player I have admired greatly for how he handled himself on and off the pitch, the fact he retired early from England made me admire him even more as I enjoy watching England fail. However I feel his decision to walk out on his country in his prime deprives him of taking the moral high ground. For a man famed for his silence and eschewing the tabloid culture he has picked an unusual subject on which to take it. Whether he is right or not(I believe his opinion is actually closer to fact) is irrelevant.

Spot on Clonbhoy.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

apart from everton who were never big time

Tut tut.   LOL Wink

Edited by Emerald - 13 Jul 2011 at 7:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic