You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 2:32am

Some shower of friends at that wedding, you would think they would make sure he wasn't served drink at it,

I know nothing :-)
Sponsored Links

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 4:52am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Some shower of friends at that wedding, you would think they would make sure he wasn't served drink at it,

I was thinking the very same. Useless shower of idiots. Some "friends"....

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

I wonder how many times he can have a drinking session without going a mad one. Was reading gazza people do be on edge because he can either ha e a few drinks and be the life and soul of the party but other times he can get agressive etc. so it might not neccasarily mean McGrath always goes on a mad one when he drinks and can maybe enjoy himself like others. It's probably harder to stop or stop him when you know he can be great Craic on the booze and its only every so often he goes on a mad one. I'd put myself into that category sure
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Know where you are coming from lads but if someone wants to get drink they will get it.  As anyone who has dealt with a serious alcoholic will tell you, they become the most resourceful and come up with genius plans to get their hands on drink. This is the same with any addiction really. 

We do not know the ins and out of it 
AKA pedantic kunt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:40am
very hard for people to stop paul mcgrath getting drink, the problem is the demand not the supply!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 10:46am
If you are his friend and know he will go to anything to get his next drink, do you go out with him in the hope that you can keep an eye on him and assure he doesn't get into bother or do you say no and let him wander off anywhere to get alcohol and pray he isn't found in a ditch the next morning?

I know it's a hypothetical question but what would you do??

(Obviously the best thing as a friend would be to get him much-needed help that he needs to beat the addiction but failing that, what option do you have?) 
This time next year........
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 11:00am
Let's be honest here, if he wants to drink, nobody can stop him. It's purely up to him whether to drink or not. In regards to people not serving him drink, can anybody legally refuse to serve him alcohol simply because he is an alcoholic?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:24pm
5 page interview with the legend in the Sunday world today.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

5 page interview with the legend in the Sunday world today.

Didn't think you were that big a fan of Roy Curtis
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 4:52pm
Had the pleasure of meeting the big man in courtown a couple of weeks ago, absolutely brilliant with my kids and others, total gent and defo a legend, how i wish he did not have his demons but what a man Clap
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 5:41pm
Is it me or is Roy Curtis articles impossible to read.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

His style of writing annoys the sh*t out of me. Don't read that paper anymore anyway.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

His style of writing annoys the sh*t out of me. Don't read that paper anymore anyway.

Usually wouldn't read what the t**ser says, but fact it about Paul McGrath, I said I would. Certainly wouldn't buy the paper. Read the fathers one.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 7:21pm
Paul showed up today and all I can say is that he is a lovely man. He played upfront for Ashbourne in the first have and even struck a volley that unfortunately did not hit the target. He stayed around for ages chatting to all of us and signing autographs and getting pictures. Great day had by all and I really hope for the best for Paul as he could not have been nicer to meself and all the other fans at the game.
Chips don't bounce
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:52pm
Currently in Murrays on O'Connell st with all the Villa fans.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 8:54pm
Hope to jaysus there's no gimps buying him drinks
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Garak View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 7:08pm
Paul saying on Twitter he would like to be involved in the new setup.

https://twitter.com/Paulmcgrath5/status/377846966279225345

Edited by Garak - 11 Sep 2013 at 7:10pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:21pm
Dean Saunders was saying on that Fanatsy lg on sky that Paul was the best defender he had ever played with. He didnt train for 7 years just had 20 mins on the bike each day.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic