Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Lambert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

I've said it before as well....Birmingham is a bit of a sh*t hole. No one is going to be looking at buying that club.
Best thing that could happen villa is a relagation...start competing to win a league again..crowds might come back.
Villa are in the same boat as Sunderland, Burnley and Hull they add nothing to the league and won't be missed if they go down.
I have two words for you Lockey and the last word is off , you work it out Angry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:00pm
you're worse for replying Murph!

Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

I've said it before as well....Birmingham is a bit of a sh*t hole. No one is going to be looking at buying that club.
Best thing that could happen villa is a relagation...start competing to win a league again..crowds might come back.
Villa are in the same boat as Sunderland, Burnley and Hull they add nothing to the league and won't be missed if they go down.
I have two words for you Lockey and the last word is off , you work it out Angry

What ffs.
You can sit down and watch Everton,Southampton,Swansea and even Newcastle and be entertained.
You turn on Villla vs Leicester and you may lose your faith in humanity.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:12pm
Burnley have been a breath of fresh air this season.
Most epl games this season could fall into the category you described
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Villa where a breath of fresh air for the first few games as well....it levels out.
Villa are a dead end club...won't invest ...won't go down... won't do anything of note.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:19pm

Ya you need teams from beautiful places like Tottenham, Stoke and Leicester

There are very few addresses of premier league clubs that are attractive areas to live ...Manchester ( Salford =kip ) not sure what City location is like .
Liverpool is nothing short of a kip 
Birmingham =kip
Newcastle = not bad but miles from anywhere = isolated

Chelsea is the only premier league team in a nice area as far as i can see

and of course when fulham were up ...after that ....no team can be singindg about the local beatties  or virtues of the location of their club.

Southampton is not bad either 
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:23pm
Which was the point I was making BB.
Can't see anyone from the lake district being in the epl anytime soon

Edited by pre Madonna - 19 Jan 2015 at 4:24pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:26pm

Yeah, i particularly loved their free flowing football in their opening seven games which yielded 1 goal

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:27pm
Newcastle is isolated? It's bang in the city center and you can get a direct train to the Stadium from anywhere in the country or you can fly there for which is probably cheaper. Sunderland is the exact same but you have to change off at Newcastle.

Any of the midlands clubs is horrible, I'd put Stoke down there aswell
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Newcastle is isolated? It's bang in the city center and you can get a direct train to the Stadium from anywhere in the country or you can fly there for which is probably cheaper. Sunderland is the exact same but you have to change off at Newcastle.

I think Newcaste ( the Northeast ) is pretty isolated ( as is Sunderland of course) ....if you are talking about attracting players  .....it's not going to be for non-football reasons
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
gary rowell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary rowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

I think Newcaste ( the Northeast ) is pretty isolated ( as is Sunderland of course) ....if you are talking about attracting players  .....it's not going to be for non-football reasons

Boro never had a problem back in the Bryan Robson days. As long as the price is right....................
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, i particularly loved their free flowing football in their opening seven games which yielded 1 goal

I saw a couple of them and loved their commitment and honesty. If you just watch for goals maybe you should watch Olympic handball. Seems to be about fifty a match
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I saw a couple of them and loved their commitment and honesty. If you just watch for goals maybe you should watch Olympic handball. Seems to be about fifty a match

Thats just daft
6 games without a goal is hardly a breath of fresh air though. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:17pm
Honesty and commitment was though. So many games and players are mercenaries now, especially in EPL. A pleasure to watch a team like them
gary rowell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary rowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:20pm

Honesty and commitment was though. So many games and players are mercenaries now, especially in EPL. A pleasure to watch a team like them

Right enough no 'divers' in the Burnley team. Cool
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:29pm
I actually like Sean Dyche alot. He's very level-headed and never goes about blowing his own trumpet whenever there's a bad decision or they have a good result.

And he looks alot like Stone Cold Steve Austin which is a major plus.

Edited by coyne - 19 Jan 2015 at 5:30pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:43pm

I actually like Sean Dyche alot. He's very level-headed and never goes about blowing his own trumpet whenever there's a bad decision or they have a good result.

And he looks alot like Stone Cold Steve Austin which is a major plus.

Sounds like him too. He's definitely earned his place on the "Give that man a lozenge" list alongside Martin Jol.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:17pm
It's been a learning curve for the Clarets they are getting better and now scoring goals but letting them in also . Great times to be a Claret as we are such a massive club LOL, look who cares if more people watch Man Yoooooo at Old Trafford then the amount of people that live in Burnley, the fans are living the dream . 
Hey everyone loves an underdog we have the worse paid players in the Prem , most said we would be relagated by Christmas and end up with the lowest points ever in the Prem Big smile

Boy you just can't be right all the time i reckon .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic