You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Lambert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Villa are actually worse off this season than last...not sure a new guy will do any better mind...I think that's about Villa level now.

Maybe new ownership will sort them?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:40am
PL leaving Villa?
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

PL leaving Villa?

Hopefully. No improvement of note on last year. New owner, new boss, new era
Living for Away days
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:42am
Reports today are saying PL's job is safe at Villa.
Wild Rover View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:39pm
Is Keano Lambers choice?
Niall Quinn is god
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 9:33am
So whats the craic with Keano as assistant?

Edited by heppies - 30 Jun 2014 at 2:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:11am

Paul Lambert urges Aston Villa fans to cancel protest

Friday, January 16, 2015
By Ian Parkes

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has urged frustrated fans to call off a planned protest at the start of tomorrow’s clash at home to Liverpool.

Three unofficial fans’ websites — Villa Blog, My Old Man Said and A Villa Fan — have called on fellow supporters to boycott the opening eight minutes of the Premier League clash with the Reds via an open letter entitled ‘We Want Our Villa Back’.

They claim each minute represents one year for the eight owner Randy Lerner has been in charge as they are fed up at the way the club is being run and the direction it is going.

It is an unsavoury and unsettling build up for Lambert.

“I understand the frustration, and nobody is more frustrated than myself,” said Lambert.

“Everybody involved with Aston Villa is frustrated at what has happened over the last five or six years.

“But I don’t think you can look at the chairman and say it’s one guy’s fault. It’s unfair.

“I understand the fans’ frustrations, but we’ll have a better chance of winning a game of football if they don’t protest, if they stick with the lads, no matter how hard it gets at times.”

Lambert insists he can weather the storm of abuse from the fans.

Asked as to how he felt about calls for him to be sacked, he replied: “It’s not great. I’m human, like everybody else, but I’m also big enough and strong enough mentally to handle it.”

For his part, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been handed a boost after midfielder Adam Lallana returned to training ahead of schedule

Edited by Double Maxim - 16 Jan 2015 at 7:16am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

< id=tinynav1 ="tinynav tinynav1" jQuery1111027254401485886="16">< value=/br/columnists/tony-mcentee/>- Tony McEntee< value=/s/columnists/michael-moynihan/>- Michael Moynihan< value=/s/columnists/brendan-obrien/>- Brendan O'Brien< value=/s/columnists/dara-ocinneide/>- Dara O'Cinneide< value=/s/columnists/ronan-ogara/>- Ronan O'Gara< value=/s/columnists/donal-ogrady/>- Donal O'Grady< value=/s/columnists/derval-orourke/>- Derval O'Rourke< value=/s/columnists/seamus-otuama/>- Seamus

O'Tuama< value=/s/columnists/donal-og-cusack/>- Donal Og Cusack< value=/s/columnists/john-riordan/>- John Riordan< value=/s/columnists/larry-ryan/>- Larry Ryan< value=/s/columnists/kieran-shannon/>- Kieran Shannon< value=/s/columnists/david-shonfield/>- David Shonfield< value=/s/columnists/ray-silke/>- Ray Silke< value=/s/columnists/ruby-walsh/>- Ruby Walsh< value=/s/blog/>Blog< value=/s/podcast/>Podcast< ed value=/s/results/>Results

Yep i agree with that also DM , well i think so anyway Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:17am

[/QUOTE] Yep i agree with that also DM , well i think so anyway Big smile[/QUOTE] 

You just can't get the staff.
Big smileEmbarrassedBig smile
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:07am

Paul Lambert has his head in the sand if he thinks Aston Villa fans expect too much
Paul Lambert has suggested Aston Villa fans expect too much

Football fans, all of us, have at times a tendency to be knee-jerk, irrational and short-termist creatures.

We all have a passion for our clubs, but too often we lack the patience to see beyond the next fixture, or understand the day-to-day crises affecting a dressing room.

However, we are a voice to be reckoned with, and our mood swings a factor to be considered by clubs – even if we’re not quite as influential with chairmen and owners as we like to think.

Paul Lambert, whose stock with Aston Villa fans could barely be lower right now, hammered a nail in his own coffin this week when he dared question supporters’ demands.

‘The expectancy levels outweigh the realism,’ he said, reflecting on the ‘Lambert out’ chants that broke out during the 1-0 defeat to Leicester.

In one sense, he’s right. Those who believe we’re only a change of manager away from returning to the top six are overestimating Randy Lerner’s ability to attract a successor of sufficient quality willing to work under the demotivated owner’s austerity drive.

But don’t kid yourself, Paul. Whatever pressures you’re under, whatever constraints your working to, it isn’t too much to expect more than two goals from the last seven games – and more than 11 from the first 21 league matches.

The apathy which started in the boardroom long since crept on to the pitch. Villa are now universally regarded as the most tedious club in the Premier League. We should expect more than that, Paul.

Paul Lambert has his head in the sand if he thinks Aston Villa fans expect too much
Christian Benteke’s strike against Manchester United was Aston Villa’s last Premier League goal

I have every sympathy with many of Lambert’s complaints. He’s had to fight fires throughout his tenure and produce top-flight football on a shoestring budget, while watching the likes of Leicester spend £9m-plus on a striker.

Every time he’s encountered an issue on the pitch, he’s solved it. But in doing so, he’s often created a different problem.

Since we stopped conceding goals, we now can’t score at the other end. Where once we used to see very little of the ball but occasionally pinched victories on the break, we now dominate possession but can’t hurt teams.

For many, Lambert is a problem in himself, solved only by a swiftly-delivered P45.

And thanks to a string of performances lacking any personality, verve and imagination, he’s lost many of those who had stayed patient during the darkest of times, who understood the limitations of the budget and playing squad.

Lambert’s ‘better the devil you know’ warning just won’t wash right now.

For managers, football is strictly a results business. Entertainment won’t necessarily keep their team in the league (Ian Holloway’s Blackpool and Roberto Martinez’s Wigan discovered that) nor them in their job.

But supporters who spend a large chunk of their pay packet to watch dreary football every week can’t be told they expect too much. If anything, our expectations of this Villa side could not be lower.

In actual fact, Paul, it’s the reality that’s not living up to expectations.

Edited by heppies - 19 Jan 2015 at 10:08am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:56am
What sort of percentage of Villa fans want Lambert out?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:21am
I think he is right though. There are huge problems at Villa, you could resurrect Clough, Busby, big Jock and Shankly and they would still be there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think he is right though. There are huge problems at Villa, you could resurrect Clough, Busby, big Jock and Shankly and they would still be there

I thought Lerner would have got a buyer by now.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:48pm
Everything needs rejuvenating at the club. Everything from the ground, the fans, the manager, the jersey colour and the City screams of deadsville.

You can see why Randy Lerner is struggling to get rid of it. Unless you can relocate the team or rebrand it, they are focked.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Everything needs rejuvenating at the club. Everything from the ground, the fans, the manager, the jersey colour and the City screams of deadsville.

You can see why Randy Lerner is struggling to get rid of it. Unless you can relocate the team or rebrand it, they are focked.

LOL
Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Big smileShockedBig smile
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:50pm
I've said it before as well....Birmingham is a bit of a sh*t hole. No one is going to be looking at buying that club.
Best thing that could happen villa is a relagation...start competing to win a league again..crowds might come back.
Villa are in the same boat as Sunderland, Burnley and Hull they add nothing to the league and won't be missed if they go down.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:54pm
Ya you need teams from beautiful places like Tottenham, Stoke and Leicester
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic