You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pats Vs Derry FAI cup final 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

You can't beat a good rebel sing song on a day out

100%

Interested to hear how the supposed " stants , stants we hate Protestants " chant goes all the same

Listen pal , I was there & you obviously were not - now if you are happy with sectarian chants allied to pro IRA songs whilst seeking to intimidate Pats fans by drunken louts in a bar then that is your prerogative !

Funnily enough the chant goes " stants , stants we hate Protestants " - it ain't Mozart & with a little application I sure you can figure out the meter & rhyme of same.

Irish rebel songs are not illegal LOL. Intimidate, seriously will you get over yourself, I'm sure the Pats fans survived ffs. Couldn't really give a fiddlers about these Derry fans and what they sung but that is a bizarre and definitely a new "chant"
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:15pm

100%

Interested to hear how the supposed " stants , stants we hate Protestants " chant goes all the same

Listen pal , I was there & you obviously were not - now if you are happy with sectarian chants allied to pro IRA songs whilst seeking to intimidate Pats fans by drunken louts in a bar then that is your prerogative !

Funnily enough the chant goes " stants , stants we hate Protestants " - it ain't Mozart & with a little application I sure you can figure out the meter & rhyme of same.

Irish rebel songs are not illegal LOL. Intimidate, seriously will you get over yourself, I'm sure the Pats fans survived ffs. Couldn't really give a fiddlers about these Derry fans and what they sung but that is a bizarre and definitely a new "chant"
Not sure where the best spot in town is for the rebs, I am just a poor country boy! Blarney street tavern used be great for them in the days of the Glasgow derby.

Roddy Collins, ffs lads!! Steve Sideways comment underneath is the most accurate synopsis of it.
Tipplad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipplad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:14pm
that protestant chant is hilarious sur its common knowledge them scheming prods are behind the water charges and possibly the Ebola virus
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:23pm

100%

Sectarian/Racist chants are bang out of order and need to be opposed.   It shouldn't have to be pointed out tho that has nothing to do with people enjoying traditional ballads/rebel music. So there's no need to throw in the IRA slur into the mix. If you can find a Republican/Rebel song that contains sectarian content I'm all ears.

Your first complaint should have been to the bar owner/manager if these scrotes were 16, 17 etc and sold alcohol and if they were as you claim smashing glasses and nothing was done. Were the Gardaí called? No one would want to be around such malarkey. Hope it didn't ruin your day Thumbs Up
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

100%

Clap

Sectarian/Racist chants are bang out of order and need to be opposed.   It shouldn't have to be pointed out tho that has nothing to do with people enjoying traditional ballads/rebel music. So there's no need to throw in the IRA slur into the mix. If you can find a Republican/Rebel song that contains sectarian content I'm all ears.

Your first complaint should have been to the bar owner/manager if these scrotes were 16, 17 etc and sold alcohol and if they were as you claim smashing glasses and nothing was done. Were the Gardaí called? No one would want to be around such malarkey. Hope it didn't ruin your day Thumbs Up
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:03pm

100%

It certainly didn't ruin my day as there were a few of us present & we are quite able to handle ourselves however some of the Pats fans had kids with them & moved smartly as the chanting was both bigoted & vile & the reference to Pat's scum was unwarranted - are you seriously contending that when such chanting is allied to pro IRA songs then people should not have a problem with same.

Rather than calling the Gardai the owner merely summoned a few guys that moved the fans pretty quickly , the owner carded each one of the fans however it appeared that drink had been smuggled in - they were only in the pub for 30 minutes , the sense of relief was palpable when they left - who needs this sh*t when you are enjoying a social pre match drink ?
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:12pm
You clearly haven't read my post Deise. I made it crystal clear I have no time for sectarian chanting of any kind towards any religion. No one should tolerate it anywhere. It is rightfully frowned on by 99.9% of the population and is an offence.

You however seem to be confused with that behaviour on the one hand, and rebel/republican/traditional music on the other which hundreds of thousands of people enjoy regularly on a night out and the only people who are offended by it are those who wish to go out of their way to be offended by it.

Glad to hear if didn't ruin your day Thumbs Up
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:22pm

You clearly haven't read my post Deise. I made it crystal clear I have no time for sectarian chanting of any kind towards any religion. No one should tolerate it anywhere. It is rightfully frowned on by 99.9% of the population and is an offence.

You however seem to be confused with that behaviour on the one hand, and rebel/republican/traditional music on the other which hundreds of thousands of people enjoy regularly on a night out and the only people who are offended by it are those who wish to go out of their way to be offended by it.

And you have missed my point - these scrotes entered the bar chanting of their hate for both " Pat's scum " & " Protestants " - the effect of the latter chant when followed by pro IRA songs hardly gives a good impression now does it ?

Anyway this discussion has clearly run it's course as it's obvious that some people have little problem with drunks following bigoted chanting with IRA songs - no connection there obviously !

Edited by deiseblue - 03 Nov 2014 at 10:25pm
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:42pm

100%

It certainly didn't ruin my day as there were a few of us present & we are quite able to handle ourselves however some of the Pats fans had kids with them & moved smartly as the chanting was both bigoted & vile & the reference to Pat's scum was unwarranted - are you seriously contending that when such chanting is allied to pro IRA songs then people should not have a problem with same.

Rather than calling the Gardai the owner merely summoned a few guys that moved the fans pretty quickly , the owner carded each one of the fans however it appeared that drink had been smuggled in - they were only in the pub for 30 minutes , the sense of relief was palpable when they left - who needs this sh*t when you are enjoying a social pre match drink ?

If you are genuinely offended by the opposition at the football being called "scum" then God help you fella LOL. Rebel songs are not illegal or sectarian so again I'm not sure why you are making such a big deal over them. This "chant" and a bit of glass breaking is of course wrong but it sounds like it was nipped in the bud before any real trouble started, it doesn't seem like you were up against a bunch of hardened criminals but a few teenagers on their third beers.
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm

And you have missed my point - these scrotes entered the bar chanting of their hate for both " Pat's scum " & " Protestants " - the effect of the latter chant when followed by pro IRA songs hardly gives a good impression now does it ?

Anyway this discussion has clearly run it's course as it's obvious that some people have little problem with drunks following bigoted chanting with IRA songs - no connection there obviously !

Discussion is clearly wasted on you. Despite pointing it out repeatedly UNDERLINED AND IN BOLD you are continuing to conflate the two issues of Sectarianism on the one hand with traditional Irish music on the other.
You are continuing to peddle this line and are now accusing, presumably me, of quote,  "it's obvious that some people have little problem with drunks following bigoted chanting with IRA songs", despite all I have said in my two previous posts condeming sectarianism. If you are not on the Sherry, an apology is in order.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:36pm
The first goal gets worse and worse the more you watch it. He had two decent opportunities to stop the ball but looked like he was learning how to walk. 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:43pm
I was trying to swat that fly on Soccer Republic for the last 5 minutes without much luck, until I realised he is actually in the studio. I'd say Dave Barry attracted him in with all the shíte he talks.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 12:10am

I was trying to swat that fly on Soccer Republic for the last 5 minutes without much luck, until I realised he is actually in the studio. I'd say Dave Barry attracted him in with all the shíte he talks.

f**k off, doutcha is a legend. I hope someone got Sadlier to cheerthe miserable git up
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 12:35am
Jimmy's all-time LOI team ffs. Sad to see dementia setting in. Pat Morley, at least 10 better forwards than him in the last twenty years. Picking Giles sad, finished before he came to Rovers.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 04 Nov 2014 at 12:38am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Jimmy's all-time LOI team ffs. Sad to see dementia setting in. Pat Morley, at least 10 better forwards than him in the last twenty years. Picking Giles sad, finished before he came to Rovers.

Yep. The memory man's Alzheimer's kicking in alright
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 9:12am
Congrats to Pats.   Quick question, has anyone ever seen Liam Buckley and Johnny Logan in the same room together?????
#justsayin
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:56pm
No. But I have seen Linda Martin & Johnny Logan in the same room with Twink holding his budgie. Was like something out of a sausage factory. Hold me Now.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 11:42pm
Get f**king in, that is all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic