Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patrick Bamford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Mullingar Mullingar wrote:

Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

This granny rule is a disease that will turn Ireland into a uk b team, embarrassing, it does not matter what players we need if their not Irish we don't want them

They are Irish Passport proves that.

How are things Yoda?
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 6:26pm
Don't see him playing for England any time soon. Rooney, Welbeck, Kane, Sturridge, Berahino, Austin, Ings, Walcott, Sterling, Carroll, Rodriguez are all ahead of him as it is and all fairly youngish. He's 21 years old himself.

Edited by grannyrule - 24 Apr 2015 at 6:29pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Don't see him playing for England any time soon. Rooney, Welbeck, Kane, Sturridge, Berahino, Austin, Ings, Walcott, Sterling, Carroll, Rodriguez are all ahead of him as it is and all fairly youngish. He's 21 years old himself.

You could add the likes of Agbonlahor, Lambert and Wickham to that list too. I still get the sense Bamford will stick with England though (for 5-6 years anyway). I think Wilson is our best bet at the moment.
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:36pm
Linked with a few premier league clubs, Everton,Villa, Newcastle also talk hed stay with Boro should they go up, think he wants to stick with Chelsea though.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:48pm
Would love to see him at Everton, maybe the lads there can persuade him
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Would love to see him at Everton, maybe the lads there can persuade him

if hes at everton he defo will never play for ireland...ba dum dish Clap
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 1:46pm
Patrick Bamford for Everton and Ireland would be a dream. I can honestly see him stayin at Boro for another season if they go up - perhaps even on loan again.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 10:11pm
Our management team need to go all out over the summer and get this guy in the team for the Gibraltar game. Goalscorer urgently needed.
Fanad Header View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanad Header Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:29am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

This granny rule is a disease that will turn Ireland into a uk b team, embarrassing, it does not matter what players we need if their not Irish we don't want them

Hmmmm, were you saying that between 1986/1996 ?

Fair play if you were...

But I don't understand the likes of Grealish say, who has played for the under age teams for years and then decides to switch.

In my opinion, (and I am a 'Plastic Paddy'),if he doesn't want to play for us he should f#ck right off.

Bamford's case seems to be totally different mind you.

I want to see people wearing the green shirt who really want to wear the green.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:22am
Has he ever given any indication that he only wants to Break into England? Think he has made his decision and it should be left there.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Our management team need to go all out over the summer and get this guy in the team for the Gibraltar game. Goalscorer urgently needed.

The manager needs to go all out to pick the right players that are actually in the squad for the first 11 as a starting point.

FFS we started a player 2 weeks ago that has 10 more goals than Bamford in the league this season
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:28am
Whats wrong with what we have up front still dont have a clue why Long is left on the bench for big games like Poland and Scotland he offers so much Bamford would be a welcome addition but realistically he offers the same as McGoldrick does when he comes into the side mind you would be an improvement on the likes of Cox but unfortunately I cannot see Bamford declaring for Ireland not in the next few years at least
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:47am
I think some people live in a fantasy land and don't realise the long process it takes for players with dual nationality to declare.

Also while I think Bamford is an excellent young player, he has only proven himself at championship level so to say he will solve our goal scoring problems at international level is very pre mature.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Has he ever given any indication that he only wants to Break into England? Think he has made his decision and it should be left there.

"My mum's side is Irish and my dad's side is English so it was a tough decision for me. Being English, it was always my dream to play for England, but I am not going to rule out either option," he told Talksport today.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/patrick-bamford-i-wont-rule-out-playing-for-ireland-31159774.html

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 11:57am
I know what you mean Bannerboy but Bamford possesses both youth and a lot of potential. The others on that list don't have those attributes. 

I reckon the sad reality is that this lad may declare for us down the line if his career stalls now for a couple of years. If his star continues to rise, he will hold out for an England cap. I have no issue with that all.  

My gripe is with the FAI for the lack of plan in place for developing talent. We shouldnt need fallback options such as Bamford but the truth is that we do. 
El Puto Amo
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I know what you mean Bannerboy but Bamford possesses both youth and a lot of potential. The others on that list don't have those attributes. 

I reckon the sad reality is that this lad may declare for us down the line if his career stalls now for a couple of years. If his star continues to rise, he will hold out for an England cap. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">I have no issue with that all.  </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">My gripe is with the FAI for the lack of plan in place for developing talent. We shouldnt need fallback options such as Bamford but the truth is that we do. </span>

He'd be a very welcome addition alright, now or down the road. But crazy comments like we should be doing everything to get this 'goalscorer' for September is nothing short of laughable when we have Murphy in the squad. Reality is that Long scored more goals than this 'goalscorer' back a couple of years ago in the Championship and he cant get a game when hes playing week in week out and doing reasonably well at a higher level.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:15pm
I won't argue with what you're saying there Kerrzy. Wouldn't be like YBIG to overhype a potential player Wink

He is one worth keeping an eye on and if he wants to declare, it would be good news. 
El Puto Amo
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:17pm
Won't happen until at least this time next year, he'll try his luck in the Premier League and if things go well he'll be be capped by Hodgson. If it's a more modest year he might consider lining out for us.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic