You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patrick Bamford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Originally posted by danny10tot danny10tot wrote:

Signed for Chelsea for big money (from forrest i think it was) Scores a hatfull of goals for the Chelsea underage set up and has been fast tracked through the system and been sent out on loan as opposed to staying with the next gen chelsea side that lost to Villa in the final last week. 

Conor Clifford mark 2.

What is your opinion based on?
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:26pm
Don't waste you're time MC, these 2 are lost causes. The 2 clueless posts above prove this, yet again. He's 15 ffs
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Signed for Chelsea for big money (from forrest i think it was) Scores a hatfull of goals for the Chelsea underage set up and has been fast tracked through the system and been sent out on loan as opposed to staying with the next gen chelsea side that lost to Villa in the final last week. 

Conor Clifford mark 2.

Means absolutely fcuk all...reads like Clifford's cv is all.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:41pm
Hmm. Traphasntaclue me thinks
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:01pm
Hmmm "just one more thing" ....
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

FFS, everybody does it. Spain had Marcos Senna, Italy had Camronesi, Germany have Podolski & Klose and AFAIK, they had no parentage or anything like that to tie them to those countries. It was only because they lived there.

Which is a far stronger connection than the likes of Townsend or Morrison had to us....

While this case is more complex in that he played for us underage, I really thought we had moved beyond the demeaning Charlton policy of 'England B'
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Conor Clifford mark 2.

Means absolutely fcuk all...reads like Clifford's cv is all.

The same Conor Clifford who now plays for Leicester? There was i thinking players who play in the Championship wouldn't get within a million miles of the Ireland squad Confused

Edited by Green Devil - 12 Apr 2013 at 1:36am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 12:03am
Jaysus the conor clifford remark is fair enough, young irish lad at chelsea sent out on loan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Jaysus the conor clifford remark is fair enough, young irish lad at chelsea sent out on loan

He's not on loan - he was released nor is he making any Leicester squads.

I can't see Leicester renewing his contact after the summer either.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

He's not on loan - he was released nor is he making any Leicester squads.

I can't see Leicester renewing his contact after the summer either.

he went on loan originally all over the place, i think its a fair enough comment
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 11:26am
He could be seen in the great white hopes thread in the next few years. Hopefully not though!
GREENISLE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREENISLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

FFS, everybody does it. Spain had Marcos Senna, Italy had Camronesi, Germany have Podolski & Klose and AFAIK, they had no parentage or anything like that to tie them to those countries. It was only because they lived there.

Which is a far stronger connection than the likes of Townsend or Morrison had to us....

While this case is more complex in that he played for us underage, I really thought we had moved beyond the demeaning Charlton policy of 'England B'n

so where are we now then, n.ireland b scotland b.....who cares where players are from if they have irish blood in them get the green jersey on them otherwise we would have a fairly poor team and history.demeaning charlton policy of england b

Edited by GREENISLE - 13 Apr 2013 at 11:21am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by GREENISLE GREENISLE wrote:

While this case is more complex in that he played for us underage, I really thought we had moved beyond the demeaning Charlton policy of 'England B'

so where are we now then, n.ireland b scotland b.....who cares where players are from if they have irish blood in them get the green jersey on them otherwise we would have a fairly poor team and history.

While i agree with what your saying pal to a certain extent, i don't want any old plastic paddy declaring for Ireland just to play international football so he can further his own career. If you get asked once by the FAI to declare and you say no, then forget about that player imo.

Edited by Green Devil - 13 Apr 2013 at 11:16am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GREENISLE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREENISLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

so where are we now then, n.ireland b scotland b.....who cares where players are from if they have irish blood in them get the green jersey on them otherwise we would have a fairly poor team and history.

While i agree with what your saying pal to a certain extent, i don't want any old plastic paddy declaring for Ireland just to play international football so he can further his own career. If you get asked once by the FAI to declare and you say no, then forget about that player imo.

with the size of our country and the numbers that live here it is not the size of most teams from europe, if we have to dig into somebodies past (or family tree if you like) then so be it, nobody mentioned PLASTIC PADDY'S as you put it and i actually think it an insult to some of the former players we had and some of the players in the squad at the moment, i dont see how playing international football for us will enhance a players career as its not club football. if you go through the squad today how many where not born on this island. There is americans and italians claiming to be irish and if they have kids who are good at playing the beautiful game we should do all we can....IMO
stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 7:12pm
Maybe he was brought up in an irish community in nottingham and has a real sense of irishness. He may have been pressured to switch back to england by forces at nottingham forest who wanted to flog him for big money and we all know england caps massively inflate transfer fees.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by big nail big nail wrote:

we shouldnt be "trying" to get anyone to declare for us , they are either irish or not . they should bring in a rule you cant switch after under 15 .
I do think there should be an age of decision alright, perhaps with your first pro deal. It would end clubs trying to influence players. Obviously there would become exceptions, lie those who become pro later on in their twenties, but it would clear everything up.
GREENISLE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREENISLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

we shouldnt be "trying" to get anyone to declare for us , they are either irish or not . they should bring in a rule you cant switch after under 15 .

I do think there should be an age of decision alright, perhaps with your first pro deal. It would end clubs trying to influence players. Obviously there would become exceptions, lie those who become pro later on in their twenties, but it would clear everything up.
so take for example ANTHONY PILKINGTON, where would he be now in regards to declaring for us? jon walters is another example. i dont think clubs should be allowed to influence anyone at all it should be up to the individual.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

so take for example ANTHONY PILKINGTON, where would he be now in regards to declaring for us? jon walters is another example. i dont think clubs should be allowed to influence anyone at all it should be up to the individual.
From what I have heard of Walters he would always have declared fro us. As regards 'where would we be now?' I would rather not have him if we are little more than career propulsion for him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic