Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patrick Bamford

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

The question is he better than what we have. If he is and improves the team or adds something different than of course we should go all out for them

With all due respect have you seen our attacking options?

Of course he would add something.
Tears in a car park ..................Censored
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:23am
"Personally, in four-and-a-half years I'd love to be called up for England," Bamford said.

Was looking up the tears in the car park story and found an article with this quote from him. If he does declare for us, he will no doubt come out with something like “It has always been a dream to represent my country” etc etc Embarrassed

Link if anyone is interested. 

Edited by Gabrieléire - 16 Jan 2019 at 7:24am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:52am
Actually, he's always says that England was his first choice, but he's also said he'd be happy to play with Ireland. What's the issue with that?
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:30am
Yep he's being honest.

Sure I'd the likes Andy Townsend would have jumped at the chance of an England cap during his early twenties.

If the lad comes on board and scores the goal that brings us to the Euro 2020 will people still have the same opinion of him?

I will also say the same about Declan Rice
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
Not having that. Andy is as Oirish as they come! 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep he's being honest.

Sure I'd the likes Andy Townsend would have jumped at the chance of an England cap during his early twenties.

If the lad comes on board and scores the goal that brings us to the Euro 2020 will people still have the same opinion of him?

Openly admitted cheering England on in the Euro 88 game in his book. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Actually, he's always says that England was his first choice, but he's also said he'd be happy to play with Ireland. What's the issue with that?

‘What’s the issue with that?’ Confused
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yep he's being honest.

Openly admitted cheering England on in the Euro 88 game in his book. 

Declan wasn't born until 1999 so not sure how he could cheer on England in 88
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:30pm
If the likes of Bamford, Redmon, Will Keane, Crowley do come on board then it will definitely publically known case of we were second choice.

There have been many English/Scottish born players through the years where Ireland were their second choice, just maybe they never were good enough at the time to be considered for country of birth before we came in and many of these went on to become Irish legends.

I can live with that. The majority that come in this way tend to give their all when they do come on board. Can't think of many examples where they came in and disrespected the shirt or cried off when it suited them. That's all you can really ask of from any player who represents us

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Jan 2019 at 12:31pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Anyway that's how I see it .
Boys time will only tell what happens .
It's not the first time I have been ridiculed on here is it . I said that Wardy was decent and Hendrick was crap everyone said I was foolish and other things Cool .

A glorified stop gap who's had far more bad games for Ireland than good isn't anything to be singing about.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:43pm

Anyway that's how I see it .
Boys time will only tell what happens .
It's not the first time I have been ridiculed on here is it . I said that Wardy was decent and Hendrick was crap everyone said I was foolish and other things Cool .

A glorified stop gap who's had far more bad games for Ireland than good isn't anything to be singing about.

You might as well say that about anyone who plays for Ireland. 

Very few people tend to have a positive good games to bad games ratio.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
Going on Claret Murphs point, this a man who on one hand was calling Hendrick sh*te and yet half praising Ward?

Over the past 4/5 years I would argue Hendrick (the national teams new scapegoat) has had a more positive impact than Ward.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If the likes of Bamford, Redmon, Will Keane, Crowley do come on board then it will definitely publically known case of we were second choice.

There have been many English/Scottish born players through the years where Ireland were their second choice, just maybe they never were good enough at the time to be considered for country of birth before we came in and many of these went on to become Irish legends.

I can live with that. The majority that come in this way tend to give their all when they do come on board. Can't think of many examples where they came in and disrespected the shirt or cried off when it suited them. That's all you can really ask of from any player who represents us

Exactly, it's no different than it's ever been. There's a list as long as your arm of players that Jack capped who probably would have played for England if they'd been asked. The difference now is that players can change after being capped but that's all.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 12:58pm

Going on Claret Murphs point, this a man who on one hand was calling Hendrick sh*te and yet half praising Ward?

Over the past 4/5 years I would argue Hendrick (the national teams new scapegoat) has had a more positive impact than Ward.

For Burnley?? No chance.

I'd argue Ward was more consistent for Ireland as well.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:11pm

For Burnley?? No chance.

I was talking about the national team.

I wouldn't agree there tbh, Hendrick has been more effective for me when comparing the two.

Not that it's any great barometer LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:25pm

For Burnley?? No chance.

I was talking about the national team.

I wouldn't agree there tbh, Hendrick has been more effective for me when comparing the two.

Not that it's any great barometer LOL

Ah, he hasn't. Ward was very solid the last few years he played. Hendrick had a good Euros, a good dribble against Georgia and that was about it.

True about the barometer though!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

The question is he better than what we have. If he is and improves the team or adds something different than of course we should go all out for them

With all due respect have you seen our attacking options?

Of course he would add something.
Tears in a car park ..................Censored

Embarrassed

A lad shed a few tears over the way his career was going so its something to mock him for ?

Cop on.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 1:58pm
Wardy is fast coming to the end I would say now if he gets his chance back in the side will he be able to hold it . He has been out for most of the season and I think it would take him at least 12 games to get back where he was .
Jeff is overrated simple , now he had a very good game last Saturday but was not MOTM , so that say a lot .
 Again a few have picked on Brady but he was played in I don't know how many positions with MON still not knowing where to play him .
Has looked very rusty since he has been back needs more game time but he has the class in his locker where as the two are at the best they can be at the moment .
GD, if tiny tears ever plays for us would you pick him over any of our other strikers ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic