You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 9:08am
To book flight you just need name and date of birth don't ya?

Would be more the check-in where you would need the passport number and expiry. 

Your esta would obviously need to be done on the new passport but assuming you have not that done that yet?  
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:11am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Your esta would obviously need to be done on the new passport but assuming you have not that done that yet?  

Most airlines need you to submit passport info also.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:28pm

Your passport doesn't need 6 months. We have an agreement with the USA.

Edited by Jackal - 21 Feb 2023 at 7:29pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I don't believe this is correct. You need to apply for an ESTA and from what I recall you do need 6 months on your passport to do that.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I don't believe this is correct. You need to apply for an ESTA and from what I recall you do need 6 months on your passport to do that.

It's on dfa.ie 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:12am

It's on dfa.ie 

Interesting - I didn't realise that we had the option also of applying for another type of visa outside of the ESTA.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 10:21am
Edit. 
I see other thread now 

Edited by 9fingers - 22 Feb 2023 at 10:38am
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:02pm

It's on dfa.ie 

Interesting - I didn't realise that we had the option also of applying for another type of visa outside of the ESTA.

If you have been to Cuba,  you're barred from ESTA for life.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:08pm

It's on dfa.ie 

I didn't know that either!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
I think you’ve to go to the American embassy and talk them through your reasons for being in Cuba.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:22pm
I've been to Cuba and then traveled to the US about 7 times after that.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I recal reading that huge numbers of people give the wrong passport number when booking their flights. But I have never heard of anyone ever getting any hassle over it happening? 

Tbf Ryanair only use it to name check your passport off your boarding pass
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was reading online it's something to do with their axis of evil countries. Seems to be if you went after a certain date. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 4:49pm
It was a long time since I went, AFAIK they don't stamp your passport - probably because of the above.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 5:56pm

It was a long time since I went, AFAIK they don't stamp your passport - probably because of the above.

Yep. Seem to recall reading/hearing somewhere that The Cubans stamp a piece of paper and attach it to your passport
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 6:17pm

Same I’ve been to Cuba and no issue with entering the states subsequently 
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 8:16pm

It's on dfa.ie 

It's not quite that cut and dry. The rule came in without much fuss last year, initially they didn't publicise it. It was then picked up on the by a few people, some parts of US government then said it was if you'd ever been, while some US embassies said it was only if you'd been after Trump declared Cuba a state sponsor of terrorism. They later adopted the latter position, so its only of you've been since Jan 2021. Regardless, most reports at the time said US border control were mostly ignoring enforcement.  

I went last year and had no hassle, I was in Cuba pre-2021, it wasn't even a question on the esta when I applied. 

Edited by nvidic - 22 Feb 2023 at 8:18pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 9:22pm
So my new passport arrived yesterday. Do I need to let my airline know ivea different passport number now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic