You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I recal reading that huge numbers of people give the wrong passport number when booking their flights. But I have never heard of anyone ever getting any hassle over it happening? 

Years ago in Cork for Derry City game we got flights from Dublin when Ryainair for 1 Euro each way and no tax. One of the lads let another check him in online. One digit wrong on Passport number. Didn't let him board at Cork. 

The fella was not amused. Everyone else thought it was funny that he'd end up spending the best part of a day getting a bus back to Derry.

Doub't that stuff happens anymore. Reading some tripadvisor online it just says you can change it at check in desk. But most of us just go straight through, I'm sure that if you have put the incorrect passport number in, it automatically fixs it and you go through without ever knowing you'd given the wrong one.

Think of all the Ireland trips and boobs on them, and never once hearing anyone been stopped for putting in the wrong numberErmm

Surely with data protection laws airlines don’t have the right to even check passport numbers these days? Imagine it’s solely a DFA requirement
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:19pm
You have to pay to get it changed, happened a friend of my father when they were going to Spain this year

Gobsh*te put his old Passport number as he checked in online not sure how much it cost him €50 I believe but I might be wrong
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:17pm
Shocked
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
wife went over and back to England last week with Ryanair, she had a different surname on her passport than boarding pass (booked under marriage name but maiden on passport) never looked twice just walked straight on, they are just going trough the motions and you'd have to be very unlucky to be caught and charged extra.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:38pm
My above story wasn't with Ryanair actually so obviously Ryanair are being their usual incompetent selves.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:30pm

Edited by whitesideOnside - 04 Dec 2018 at 7:42pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:14am
can you renew a child’s passport on line?

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I'd say so but not sure.  Renewed my own one there lately online.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:33am

I read your post and had this absolutely insane notion to check out the Foreign Affairs website, you know, theyre the lads that deal with passports and stuff. You’d be amazed at the info available there. Anyhow, I found this complete gold nugget of info that may help you. It did take me almost 6 seconds to find so I can appreciate why you didnt check for yourself.

You’re welcomThumbs Up
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:52am
ouch
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:06am

No,
My wife is doing it for my daughter at the minute and we have to go to the Garda station. Not 100% sure why to be honest.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No,
My wife is doing it for my daughter at the minute and we have to go to the Garda station. Not 100% sure why to be honest.

I'd imagine it's to stop people getting a passport and running off with their kids
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No,
👍
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I read your post and had this absolutely insane notion to check out the Foreign Affairs website, you know, theyre the lads that deal with passports and stuff. You’d be amazed at the info available there. Anyhow, I found this complete gold nugget of info that may help you. It did take me almost 6 seconds to find so I can appreciate why you didnt check for yourself.

You’re welcomThumbs Up
ah the jargon on here is easier on the eyes👍
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:18pm
You can renew kids passports on line but you'll need to add a consent form signed and stamped by the GS
On line kids passports are €20 plus postage
Passport express €30 plus cost of photos and postage

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:24pm
Yeah you can renew it online. You'll be send a link to print A4 page which with have kids photo on it and the parents names printed and you bring it to Garda station to have signatures witnessed. 
However when you do this both need to accompany the child to the station with Id and get form signed. 
So regardless ye all have to go to station anyway 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:40pm
It's a lot faster online. You can get the passport card now for children too with the online renewal.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:45am
Quick question. 

I booked a flight to new york last month with my old passport. My new one is out of date in may so my renewal one is due start of March.

Just wondering if I need to do anything about contacting the airline to update details etc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic