Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parma F.C facing oblivion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:44am
Originally posted by I am trapnoclue I am trapnoclue wrote:

Be a shame if they went, the italian goverment not do something?

f**k me you really are some clown
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:49am
Originally posted by I am trapnoclue I am trapnoclue wrote:

what would you suggest denis? we send them over a few english no hopers to improve their squad like you think is the awnser to all problems.

Let them go bust. I think the Italian Govt have much more important things to be dealing with such as their Economy as opposed to a privatley owned football club that pissed money away
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:54am
The whole Italian game is in a very bad place.

Both Milan clubs are now mid-table teams and most stadia are falling apart.

It seems to have been complete mismanagement that got them to this position. I know there was the betting scandal but in fairness all the teams that were involved in that bounced back up.

Very little work has been put into stadia since Italia 90 and that was 25 years ago. Juventus are the only one with a decent stadium. So the fans are staying away. Parma`s average attendance is about 11,000 people. Overall the league is averaging gates of about 22,000. The top 20 teams in the English Championship are averaging something similar.

The game is blighted by racism, betting scandals and crumbling stadia so there’s no hope of big TV deals.

It’s amazing to think Inter won the Champions League in 2010 and in the 20 years before that, you usually had to beat an Italian side in the latter rounds if you wanted to win it.

It’s becoming more and more of a rarity to see an Italian side at the business end of the Champions League. It was only a few years ago Milan had Kaka, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Maldini, Stam, Pirlo, Schevchenko. Their current side is made up of loans and free signings.

Edited by Bitored - 22 Mar 2015 at 2:56am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 5:48pm
Demoted to Serie D

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:55pm
They are back in Serie A next season.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:42pm
They really had some great players back in the day

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:20am
Great article.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:24am
Clap. Good read that, fond memories of football Italian of a Sunday afternoon on c4!gooooolazzo!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:26pm
That list of players they sold between 1999 and 2003.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic