You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parma F.C facing oblivion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parma F.C facing oblivion
    Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 2:39am
Its very sad to read about Parma going bust in Italy. They have a debt of E200 million.

Hernan Crespo is their youth coach and he says there's no hot water so the kids he is training have to take cold ones and are getting sick as a result.

They cant afford a bus to this weekends match against Genoa and their senior side are going to get 5 or 6 cars together and drive to the game. Even though they haven't been paid in months.

Its really sad to read all that particularly when you think about the side they had a few years ago... Buffon, Canavaro, Crespo, Thuram etc.

It highlights how far Italian football has fallen since the days of the great AC Milan and Juventus sides of the 90s and early 00s.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31588196

Edited by Bitored - 25 Feb 2015 at 2:41am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:40am
Yeah was reading about this the other day - very sad indeed. They had to cancel their home match last Sunday as they could not afford to pay the stewards / stadium staff!

Some mental stuff going on in Serie A these days alright. I think Balls.ie also had an article yesterday or the day before on Parma's 1999 UEFA Cup winning team - great side. And their mid 90s team was also quality - Brolin, Zola, Asprilla etc.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:37am
Shame . Sacchi worked wonders there in the mid 80's .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:42am
Sounds like a right mess.

Don't think it had anything to do with the football team debts unfortunately. The owner was merging his business into the club, so when his business went bankrupt the club was on the hook for debts run up by his business.

Think they were trying to own hundred players in the hope that a few made it big.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:55am
Parmalat bankrolled Parma and they went busto.

Edited by Gary McKay - 25 Feb 2015 at 10:55am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 11:42am
They had recovered from Parmalat going bust and had stabilized somewhat.When Ghirardi took over in '07 they had debts of €16m and it stood at around €200 when he sold the club in December.

Between Summer 2013 and summer 2014 they had over 450 players deals.incoming/out going,loans and co ownership deals. Thats f**king madness.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 1:55pm
Its Italy.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 5:16pm
The Parma team of the late 90's were one of my favourites. Buffon, Cannavaro and Thuram all in the same side, all the best around at that time imo. Always loved the club strip as well. Be a pity if they go to the wall.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The Parma team of the late 90's were one of my favourites. Buffon, Cannavaro and Thuram all in the same side, all the best around at that time imo. Always loved the club strip as well. Be a pity if they go to the wall.
that team around 98/99 was unreal ,the 3 lads you named were world class plus they had Veron,Crespo,Dino Baggio and Asprilla returned for half a season
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 6:23pm
They are 3 of my favourite defensive players of all time. Brilliant side back then. Add to that the players you have mentioned and it just shows how strong Serie A was that that squad didn't win the title. I think they finished 2nd a couple of years in a row if my memory serves me right.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 7:43pm
Ya its madness to buy/sell/loan/co-own about 450 players in the space of 3 transfer windows.
But other clubs do buy a lot of players they know will never break into the first team in the hopes of cashing in. Just look at all the players Chelsea have out on loan. A lot of the top La Liga sides have second teams operating in the lower leagues. And there's a push on to do the same in England.

Its awful to see the state Parma and the Milan clubs are in. Serie A is in ruins. Both its clubs and Stadia are falling apart. It has to be down to mismanagement on the leagues part.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 7:51pm
Co Ownership on countless players and loaning out 20/30 players + is just plain stupidity.

The money these clubs part with on players who will never get near their first team is just baffling.

At least Chelsea loan out their young players to their feeder clubs or if fringe players can't get a game they at least they will recoup some wages by sending these guys out to decent clubs. English clubs are light years ahead of Italian clubs in shrewdness.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 8:42am
Sunday's game postponed, 2nd consecutive game postponed. Last month's wages were due this Monday and still haven't been paid so the players have threatened to go on strike.

Authorities moved in on Thursday and took everything in the dressing room except the benches and lockers.. The end is nigh.

Edited by coyne - 28 Feb 2015 at 8:45am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 12:24am
Serie A side Parma have had two points deducted by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) for failing to pay their players' salaries.
The cash-strapped club's players have not been paid all season and the Crusaders have a debt of 197.4m euros (£145m).
They are bottom of the league, 15 points from safety and have already been docked a point. last December.
The two-time UEFA cup winners have a bankruptcy hearing set for March 19.
Former club president Tommaso Ghirardi and director Pietro Leonardi were also handed four-month bans by the FIGC.
They were loaned 5m euros last week by the other Serie A clubs to help them complete the season.
Should the club be wound up the rest of their fixtures could be declared 3-0 victories for their opponents.
Parma returned to action last weekend to earn a draw with Atalanta Bergamo after their two previous games were called off by the FIGC to allow the club time to solve its problems.
Ownership of the club has already changed hands twice this season. They were first bought by a Russian-Cypriot conglomerate and then acquired by the Slovenia-based Mapi group.
The side finished sixth in the table last year, but missed out on the Europa League for not meeting Uefa's club licensing criteria because of unpaid bills.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 12:30am
It looks like the Italian FA and the other Serie A clubs will probably keep them afloat until the end of the season or as close to it as possible and then they are gone.
Says an awful lot about how far Italian football has fallen.
I`d imagine Parma are just the tip of the iceberg.
Apart from Juventus every clubs` stadium is crumbling down.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:22am
So Parma are bankrupt. Players are doing their own laundry and driving the team bus. It looks like its only a matter of time now before they go out of existence unless they can find some willing to buy them.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/italian-court-declares-parma-bankrupt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:36am
Are Milan in big financial difficulty? Banners displayed in San Siro

Game over
Insert coin & Save AC Milan
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 1:38am
Originally posted by I am trapnoclue I am trapnoclue wrote:

Be a shame if they went, the italian goverment not do something?
Why should the taxpayer have to pay for this ? They f**ked up and owe millions. GAME OVER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic