You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking for tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking for tomorrow.
    Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 10:56am
Has anyone any suggestions about parking for tomorrow? I usually get the Dart but im coming from Belfast tomorrow and wont have time to drop the motor home.

is there an underground car park by the gibson? I assume that would be the closest or would it be rammed
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 11:03am
The Clan na Gael Fontenoy GAA club is usually quite good
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 11:07am
Is it free?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 11:38am
I usually park at the point depot car park and walk over which takes only 15 minutes.
Chips don't bounce
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 11:44am
There is normally plenty of street parking if you arrive early.  You need to feed the meter until 7pm of course.  

I find it best to park on the side of the stadium to ensure a quick getaway.  eg park close to the Eastlink if going that way or the far side of the RDS if heading south.  I find this better than parking for my entrance.  I normally walk faster than the traffic back to the car.  

Some streets are 24 hours paid parking so be careful.

CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 12:13pm
Coming from Kilkenny so normally get the luas to Red Cow and walk from docklands then. Probably takes an hour which is a pain when going home after the game. What area or streets in particular RDS / South side would be best?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

Coming from Kilkenny so normally get the luas to Red Cow and walk from docklands then. Probably takes an hour which is a pain when going home after the game. What area or streets in particular RDS / South side would be best?

Upper Mount Street and Herbert Street generally have spaces in the evening.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I usually park at the point depot car park and walk over which takes only 15 minutes.

I booked that on ticketmaster in the end. Do you just land on? I pre booked just incase.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

There is normally plenty of street parking if you arrive early.  You need to feed the meter until 7pm of course.  

I find it best to park on the side of the stadium to ensure a quick getaway.  eg park close to the Eastlink if going that way or the far side of the RDS if heading south.  I find this better than parking for my entrance.  I normally walk faster than the traffic back to the car.  

Some streets are 24 hours paid parking so be careful.

Serpentine Avenue I find is normally grand for getting away to southside or the M50 in general. There is street parking that normally has spaces if arriving before 7pm or the pembroke hockey club do parking for tenner. Usually takes about 10 minutes to get out onto Merrion Road but once you do and head south without traffic and you can start cutting through donnybrook and goatstown and get out onto M50 at sandyford exit. 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

The Clan na Gael Fontenoy GAA club is usually quite good

Now 12 euro - well that what they charged the rugby crowd 

Let us know how much tomorrow though I am staying over night and don’t need it this time 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic