You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paddy Madden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:49pm
O'shea.. He's not one of our players. He has never played for us you daft..

Show us where he declared for us.
Sponsored Links

Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:54pm
I am 6 ft 3 in shoes and stood next to Paddy and Kevin Dawson.

He couldn't be six foot.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

I am 6 ft 3 in shoes 

Its amazing how high they can pile shoite these days
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:23pm
He declared in 2013 while at Brighton and was recommended to the set-up by Stephen Ward, if you must know. And the irony of you bringing up "he's never played for us before", Anthony Gerrard did, but that still wasn't enough to stop you insisting he is English....
We're decent enough..
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He declared in 2013 while at Brighton and was recommended to the set-up by Stephen Ward, if you must know. And the irony of you bringing up "he's never played for us before", Anthony Gerrard did, but that still wasn't enough to stop you insisting he is English....

Show me a source where he has declared for Ireland. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 2:32pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Show me a source where he has declared for Ireland. 

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/buckley-i-want-irish-callup-29708677.html
We're decent enough..
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:44pm
The Evening Herald?

The same paper that said Sean Morrison (who is not eligible for Ireland) was on the verge of declaring for Ireland? LOL

I meant a real source, preferably with quotes from Will Buckley and not quotes from Stephen Ward (who is Irish).
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:46pm
Bollocks is he!Ward is from Dublin.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:52pm
So basically, you got the confirmation you seek and cannot accept it? Buckley wants to play for Ireland and is available for selection if we ever want him, just accept it and move on.

Edited by The O'Shea - 27 Jan 2016 at 5:55pm
We're decent enough..
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 5:58pm
The only quotes in that rag are from Stephen Ward, not Will Buckley.

Look at Buckley's Wiki page. ENGLISH.

This is Paddy Madden's thread. Stop trolling by bringing up sh*t players that are not eligible and/or haven't declared.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:10pm

The only quotes in that rag are from Stephen Ward, not Will Buckley.

Look at Buckley's Wiki page. ENGLISH.

This is Paddy Madden's thread. Stop trolling by bringing up sh*t players that are not eligible and/or haven't declared.

I'm aware this is the Paddy Madden thread, so it's the last time I'll indulge your rubbish on this matter.

Did you actually read the piece? There aren't any quotes from Ward, only a quote from Buckley. Ward and Andrews are mentioned as "being on loan at Brighton", but there are no quotes from them, only from Buckley about his desire to get into our international setup.
If you want to bring Wikipedia into it (I thought you didn't like unreliable sources?Embarrassed) well then perhaps you should take a look at what is written under the "International career" section of his profile-
"Buckley is eligible to play for the Republic of Ireland through his grandfather and in 2013, encouraged by his then Brighton teammate Stephen Ward, expressed his desire to declare."
Take it, accept it, move on.
We're decent enough..
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:26pm
"Everyone wants to play international football. For the last two years it has probably been a bit rare for Brighton to have as many players as we've had travelling on an international break to their respective countries. It's good for the club and good for the lads. It's the key part of your career, the top really."

Where does he mention anything about playing for Ireland? LOL He could be on about England.

He has not expressed a desire to play for Ireland. 

Stop trolling.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
Bump because the lad is in serious form atm.

14th goal of the season, on course to beat his seasonal record tally of 23 when he got promoted with Yeovil and when he reached the playoff finals with Sc'unthorpe.

Always rated the lad but never given a choice, got shafted by Gary Johnson in pre-season with Yeovil has never been able to bounce back since.
He's far beyond the spoofer that is Joey Barton sitting mid table in League 1 however.

Lower Championship player at best right now, and that's only because he's unproven at the 2nd tier, would actually champion a call-up for the game against Gibraltar given the lack of Strikers who are actually scoring goals and it's not exactly high-risk because of the opposition.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:53pm
And still only 28. Thought he'd be the wrong side of 30. 
Is he really 6 ft as listed on wiki? Thought he was shorter than that. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 1:21pm
I see the FAI on the book have this new cringy "Scouting Report" like it's schoolboy football one of the lads post about James Collins for Luton what is his record? Paddy madden must be the Top Irish Goalscorer across all Divisions yet not even a mention for the lad anywhere and playing at the Same level as Collins. 

Edited by irelandfan - 04 Mar 2019 at 1:22pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I see the FAI on the book have this new cringy "Scouting Report" like it's schoolboy football one of the lads post about James Collins for Luton what is his record? Paddy madden must be the Top Irish Goalscorer across all Divisions yet not even a mention for the lad anywhere and playing at the Same level as Collins. 

i suppose you can say Luton are going up this season so he will be playing in the Champ league next year. we never thought we would be squabbling about league 1 strikers a few years back.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm
Oh Jesus you could have at least Googled before posting, James Collins has 20 goals in League One this season and is top scorer, Paddy Madden has 14 LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Collins is the top Irish goalscorer across all divisions,hence why they're talking about him.

Edited by The O'Shea - 04 Mar 2019 at 1:42pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic