You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overrated Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amt0604ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 1:53pm
Kehoes.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Farting in The Dawson Lounge should be a bannable offense.

Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:44pm
Had some shocking pints of Guinness at the Maldron Tallaght yesterday. First pour went right to top of glass. 2nd pour,she tilts the glass,pours out some of the stout then tops it up. f**king Guinness spilling all over the glassLOLThe head was about 1cm !
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:50pm
I've been experimenting with my Guinness recently.  I have on purpose actually asked the barman to fill it up all the way and I start drinking it before it has fully settled ie. a little bit coffee coloured and still brewing.  Find it tastes just as good if not better than a 5 min pour pitch black.

I actually don't like a thick head.  About 1.5cm is good for me as opposed to the classic 1 inch. 

As long as its cool silk going down its a good pint. I find Guinness goes stale very quickly so letting it settle for a few mins actually is too long.  A yellowish tint to the head is a no no.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Had some shocking pints of Guinness at the Maldron Tallaght yesterday. First pour went right to top of glass. 2nd pour,she tilts the glass,pours out some of the stout then tops it up. f**king Guinness spilling all over the glassLOLThe head was about 1cm !

The Maldron on match day is as bad as it gets. They draft in relief staff who don’t seem to know how to use the tills and defo have no idea how to pour a pint. Horrendous. Luckily my standards are fairly low so I’ll still have a few scoops before the match 
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Maldron on match day is as bad as it gets. They draft in relief staff who don’t seem to know how to use the tills and defo have no idea how to pour a pint. Horrendous. Luckily my standards are fairly low so I’ll still have a few scoops before the match 

Maldron was always bad for a pint pre / post match but I find most places are like that now with staff in general. All new and inexperienced behind the bars, cant pull a pint for their lives and struggle with tills and the likes. Obviously not their fault or anything buts its still annoying paying €6 something for a sh*te pint!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Maldron was always bad for a pint pre / post match but I find most places are like that now with staff in general. All new and inexperienced behind the bars, cant pull a pint for their lives and struggle with tills and the likes. Obviously not their fault or anything buts its still annoying paying €6 something for a sh*te pint!
Absolutely horrific spot for a pint.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm
Yeah, you deserve what you get going into that dump

Id always be very reluctant to have a pint of stout in a hotel chain like the maldron etc.
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:39pm

It's a nightmare to get a pint too, waiting ages. The time you could have been waiting to be served you'd have nearly done the walk from the Aberly. 
That's what I would generally do when goin to Tallaght stadium, Aberly and then walk up. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 07 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:55pm
on the plus side,they were so busy they forgot to change for the gargle LOL only paid for wan drinkBig smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It's a nightmare to get a pint too, waiting ages. The time you could have been waiting to be served you'd have nearly done the walk from the Aberly. 
That's what I would generally do when goin to Tallaght stadium, Aberly and then walk up. 

They're missing a trick not having a bigger bar in the Stadium open to all match goers.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:27pm
Whats the story with the 'pretend O'Donoghue's' on Suffolk Street ?? Got mixed up a few years back and thought it was the 'orginal one'. Thankfully familar with the areas now and have enjoyed many a pint in the Merrion Row version 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 10:58pm
Common name. There’s years and years. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:24am

on the plus side,they were so busy they forgot to change for the gargle LOL only paid for wan drinkBig smile

Cool gangsta
It would damage this forums' reputation
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 5:01am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Mulligans

FFS 
Agree, great pub.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Whats the story with the 'pretend O'Donoghue's' on Suffolk Street ?? Got mixed up a few years back and thought it was the 'orginal one'. Thankfully familar with the areas now and have enjoyed many a pint in the Merrion Row version 

I used to know the lad who had the lease on it. Done before his time but he told me the exterior was done to mimic Merrion Row, no idea if true or not. They used to joke it's where the Dubliners finished.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:57am

It's generally the same staff every match day so should have experience by now. One order at a time with their head down like in some crap chain bar in the UK really pisses me off. If it's 2 deep at the bar just start pulling Guinness and Heineken to beat the band, it won't sit for long. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Mulligans

FFS 
Agree, great pub.

Are we talking about the pub itself or the gargle?
The guinness in Mulligans is vastly overrated. 

Kind of agree with someone earlier who said the Gravediggers. The amount of people that say it's by far the best pint in Dublin LOL

Don't get me wrong, it's a top tier pint and a great little spot. But the pint is exactly what you get in any pub worth its salt. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic